No MLK, we'll judge by the color of their skin

You see so many students that are speaking out saying that their professors are upset with them for being Trump supporters

NYC Progressive Mayor Deblasio isn't satisfied that NYC specialty High Schools: Bronx Science and Stuyvesant and others, rely on colorblind tests for admissions. No, sir! These tests are unfair because they under represent blacks and Hispanics. What? Math and science test are racist...:cuckoo: How?

In any event, DeBlasio will kick 10% of deserving students to the curb in order to make these meritocracies "more diverse"

How is this Progress?

While the law suit against Harvard continues...

4 or 5 years ago there were 4 black kids (the only black kids in my class) sitting in the front row of my class all next to each other. As a district employee walked by my room, they came into my room and yelled at me to talk to them outside. Once there they yelled at me and got visibly upset as to why I had those black kids sitting next to each other and at the front of the class. I calmly looked at them and told them that I had open seating in my class room...their eyes lit up because they knew I had them. I then asked them: "should I not allow black students to sit in front of the classroom?"....of course that's fine! "Ok...should I not allow black students to sit next to each other?"....no no no that's fine! "So what's the problem?". No response and just mumbling as they walked into the room, briefly spoke with the kids in the front, and left.. I never heard anything from it.

The truth is the answer is "because you're a white teacher", which is shame because I'm sure that there are racist teachers out there and I actually don't blame them for questioning me about where the kids were sitting...but they should have approached in a more calm way and not yell at me at first in front of my students. Let's not jump to the conclusion that racism is the automatic answer because when you're wrong, you dilute the instances where you're right.

Forum List

Back