No matter how this election ends up, evangelicals are coming out of this a loosers.

You are wrong about the KKK.

There are 13 Congressional Volumes which detail how the KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party for the express purpose of taking back their statehouses from BLACK REPUBLICANS through force and intimidation.

No I am NOT wrong, and no there are NO such volumes, because it simply didn't happen that way.

Look Skippy, I know this shit WAY better than you do. I'll flood you with links that actually DO work. AGAIN.

So don't keep yammering this cockamamie bullshiit over and over --- I know better, and I'll have you on your knees crying for mommy so fast it'll make your pointed white sheet spin.
Yes, you are wrong. The KKK were Democrats. Not Republicans. That is a historical fact.

No, it is not.

The Klan was formed (originally) by Frank McCord, Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, James Crowe, Calvin Jones and Richard Reed, in the law office of Thomas M. Jones in Pulaski Tennessee, Christmas Day 1865. NONE of them had any political affiliations, nor did their new group, and in 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised anyway so being a member of political party would have had no point.

That Klan was exterminated in roughly 8 years (officially in three), which also makes the poster's claim about Klan lynchings "between 1882 and 1964" completely bogus because between 1882 and 1915 the Klan didn't even EXIST.

plaque1_6.gif

The second, and much larger, Klan was formed on Thanksgiving Day 1915 by William "Colonel Joe" Simmons on Stone Mountain Georgia. Simmons too had no political affiliations. Neither Klan was founded for any such purpose, and went out of their way to avoid political connotations.

Go ahead --- TRY to prove me wrong.

Published 1872
Topics Ku-Klux Klan (1866-1869), Reconstruction, Southern States -- History 1865-1877

There are 13 Congressional Volumes which detail how the KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party for the express purpose of taking back their statehouses from BLACK REPUBLICANS through force and intimidation.

No I am NOT wrong, and no there are NO such volumes, because it simply didn't happen that way.

Look Skippy, I know this shit WAY better than you do. I'll flood you with links that actually DO work. AGAIN.

So don't keep yammering this cockamamie bullshiit over and over --- I know better, and I'll have you on your knees crying for mommy so fast it'll make your pointed white sheet spin.
Yes, you are wrong. The KKK were Democrats. Not Republicans. That is a historical fact.

No, it is not.

The Klan was formed (originally) by Frank McCord, Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, James Crowe, Calvin Jones and Richard Reed, in the law office of Thomas M. Jones in Pulaski Tennessee, Christmas Day 1865. NONE of them had any political affiliations, nor did their new group, and in 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised anyway so being a member of political party would have had no point.

That Klan was exterminated in roughly 8 years (officially in three), which also makes the poster's claim about Klan lynchings "between 1882 and 1964" completely bogus because between 1882 and 1915 the Klan didn't even EXIST.

plaque1_6.gif

The second, and much larger, Klan was formed on Thanksgiving Day 1915 by William "Colonel Joe" Simmons on Stone Mountain Georgia. Simmons too had no political affiliations. Neither Klan was founded for any such purpose, and went out of their way to avoid political connotations.

Thirteen Congressional Volumes prove you wrong.

Report of the Joint select committee appointed to inquire in to the condition of affairs in the late insurrectionary states : so far as regards the execution of the laws, and the safety of the lives and property of the citizens of the United States and Testimony taken : United States. Congress. Joint Select Committee on the Condition of Affairs in the Late Insurrectionary States : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

You must be retarded. You KNOW your link doesn't even work, right? Or did you just obediently pass that link on from some wag who ordered you to, without bothering to try to read it because it can't be read, and if it could be read you could quote it to make your point --- but you can't.

Wanna see some links that actually do work?

Read 'em and weep, revisionist:

Source One: Wiki
First KKK
>> The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army.[17] The name is probably derived from the Greek word kuklos which means circle, suggesting a circle or band of brothers.[18]
Although there was little organizational structure above the local level, similar groups rose across the South and adopted the same name and methods.[19] Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans.

Second KKK
... In 1915, the second Klan was founded in Atlanta, Georgia. Starting in 1921, it adopted a modern business system of recruiting (which paid most of the initiation fee and costume charges as commissions to the organizers) and grew rapidly nationwide at a time of prosperity. Reflecting the social tensions of urban industrialization and vastly increased immigration, its membership grew most rapidly in cities, and spread out of the South to the Midwest and West. The second KKK preached "One Hundred Percent Americanism" and demanded the purification of politics, calling for strict morality and better enforcement of prohibition. Its official rhetoric focused on the threat of the Catholic Church, using anti-Catholicism and nativism.[4] Its appeal was directed exclusively at white Protestants.[21] <<

Source Two: The Present Day Ku Klux Klan Movement, Report by the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives, Ninetieth Congress, First Session, December 11, 1967
>> The six Confederate army veterans credited with originating the Ku Klux Klan on Christmas Eve of 1865 in Pulaski, Tenn. are not memorialized in current klan literature. ... The organization to which modern klansmen pay homage was the Ku Klux Klan headed by Nathan Bedford Forrest, which officially operated in at least nine Southern states from 1867 to 1869 and unofficially for some years thereafter.

The conversion of klan purposes from amusement to terrorism had already been demonstrated by the time representatives of the local klan "dens" held a unifying convention in Nashville, Tenn., in 1867 and elected former Confederate Army General Forrest as their grand wizard. <<

Source Three: ---Extremism in America/ADL

>> About the Ku Klux Klan

The Ku Klux Klan is a racist, anti-Semitic movement with a commitment to extreme violence to achieve its goals of racial segregation and white supremacy.

... At first, the Ku Klux Klan focused its anger and violence on African-Americans, on white Americans who stood up for them, and against the federal government which supported their rights. Subsequent incarnations of the Klan, which typically emerged in times of rapid social change, added more categories to its enemies list, including Jews, Catholics (less so after the 1970s), homosexuals, and different groups of immigrants.

Founder: Confederate Civil War veterans Captain John C. Lester, Major James R. Crowe, John D. Kennedy, Calvin Jones, Richard R. Reed, Frank O. McCord <<

Source FOUR:
In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the "Ku Klux Klan." The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government's progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning "circle," and the Scottish-Gaelic word "clan," which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK's first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan's excessive violence. <<

Source FIVE:
>> The original Ku Klux Klan was created in an 1865 meeting in a law office by six Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee. It was, at first, a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals. From 1866 to 1867, various local units began breaking up black prayer meetings and invading black homes at night to steal firearms. Some of these activities may have been modeled on previous Tennessee vigilante groups such as the Yellow Jackets and Redcaps. In an 1867 convention held in Nashville, the Klan was formalized as a national organization under a Prescript written by George Gordon, a former Confederate brigadier general.

... As historian Elaine Frantz Parsons discovered [Parsons "Ku-Klux: The Birth of the Klan during Reconstruction (2005)
p 816]:

"Lifting the Klan mask revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, bored young men, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own." <<

Want more? I got lots more. Say the word. Unfortunately for you revisionists --- they all say the same thing. That's what we mean by "recorded history".

And Boy do they deserve it. They made their position clear, whether it is anti abortion or conservative value, they would have us voter for the Devil himself to get their way. No religious group has looked uglier then a Christian organization that would have our children learning from and respect this republican candidate. They have no clue what Jesus message was and is.

You sound like Hillary Clinton. Full of hate.
Do you serve Lucifer too? I know she does.
Lucifer you say, sure why not and thanks for the compliment. Sorry buddy but Lucifer isn't the devil. It's a compliment simply because Lucifer mean, rising star, morning star or Venus. It was given to the king of Babylon, Possible Hammurabi or Nimrod. It also was a name Given to Jesus(rising star). Early Catholic writing called Jesus Lucifer , its interpreted by many of the different bibles, a lot of them have taken the word out, Sorry no more Lucifer.

Don't steal the thread ,This is the thread "
No matter how this election ends up, evangelicals are coming out of this as losers"

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

Published 1872
Topics Ku-Klux Klan (1866-1869), Reconstruction, Southern States -- History 1865-1877

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

Report of the Joint select committee appointed to inquire in to the condition of affairs in the late insurrectionary states : so far as regards the execution of the laws, and the safety of the lives and property of the citizens of the United States and Testimony taken : United States. Congress. Joint Select Committee on the Condition of Affairs in the Late Insurrectionary States : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

You must be retarded. You KNOW your link doesn't even work, right? Or did you just obediently pass that link on from some wag who ordered you to, without bothering to try to read it because it can't be read, and if it could be read you could quote it to make your point --- but you can't.

First KKK
>> The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army.[17] The name is probably derived from the Greek word kuklos which means circle, suggesting a circle or band of brothers.[18]
Although there was little organizational structure above the local level, similar groups rose across the South and adopted the same name and methods.[19] Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans.

Second KKK
... In 1915, the second Klan was founded in Atlanta, Georgia. Starting in 1921, it adopted a modern business system of recruiting (which paid most of the initiation fee and costume charges as commissions to the organizers) and grew rapidly nationwide at a time of prosperity. Reflecting the social tensions of urban industrialization and vastly increased immigration, its membership grew most rapidly in cities, and spread out of the South to the Midwest and West. The second KKK preached "One Hundred Percent Americanism" and demanded the purification of politics, calling for strict morality and better enforcement of prohibition. Its official rhetoric focused on the threat of the Catholic Church, using anti-Catholicism and nativism.[4] Its appeal was directed exclusively at white Protestants.[21] <<

Source Two: The Present Day Ku Klux Klan Movement, Report by the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives, Ninetieth Congress, First Session, December 11, 1967
>> The six Confederate army veterans credited with originating the Ku Klux Klan on Christmas Eve of 1865 in Pulaski, Tenn. are not memorialized in current klan literature. ... The organization to which modern klansmen pay homage was the Ku Klux Klan headed by Nathan Bedford Forrest, which officially operated in at least nine Southern states from 1867 to 1869 and unofficially for some years thereafter.

The conversion of klan purposes from amusement to terrorism had already been demonstrated by the time representatives of the local klan "dens" held a unifying convention in Nashville, Tenn., in 1867 and elected former Confederate Army General Forrest as their grand wizard. <<

The Ku Klux Klan is a racist, anti-Semitic movement with a commitment to extreme violence to achieve its goals of racial segregation and white supremacy.

... At first, the Ku Klux Klan focused its anger and violence on African-Americans, on white Americans who stood up for them, and against the federal government which supported their rights. Subsequent incarnations of the Klan, which typically emerged in times of rapid social change, added more categories to its enemies list, including Jews, Catholics (less so after the 1970s), homosexuals, and different groups of immigrants.

Founder: Confederate Civil War veterans Captain John C. Lester, Major James R. Crowe, John D. Kennedy, Calvin Jones, Richard R. Reed, Frank O. McCord <<

Source FOUR:
In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the "Ku Klux Klan." The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government's progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning "circle," and the Scottish-Gaelic word "clan," which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK's first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan's excessive violence. <<

Source FIVE:
>> The original Ku Klux Klan was created in an 1865 meeting in a law office by six Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee. It was, at first, a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals. From 1866 to 1867, various local units began breaking up black prayer meetings and invading black homes at night to steal firearms. Some of these activities may have been modeled on previous Tennessee vigilante groups such as the Yellow Jackets and Redcaps. In an 1867 convention held in Nashville, the Klan was formalized as a national organization under a Prescript written by George Gordon, a former Confederate brigadier general.

... As historian Elaine Frantz Parsons discovered [Parsons "Ku-Klux: The Birth of the Klan during Reconstruction (2005)
p 816]:

"Lifting the Klan mask revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, bored young men, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own." <<

Want more? I got lots more. Say the word. Unfortunately for you revisionists --- they all say the same thing. That's what we mean by "recorded history".
The link works for me, lol. Maybe you need a a better computer. 13 Congressional Volumes! Man, that's a lot of proof that you are wrong, lol.

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

No political affiliation you say?

That's a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest on a Democratic convention pamphlet. Nathan Bedford Forrest was honored at the 1876 Democratic convention. Nathan Bedford Forrest was a grand wizard of the KKK.

640px-The_Two_Platforms,_The_Democratic_Platform_Is_For_The_White_Man.png
Why this demonization of KKK as some third party whipping boy to distract from people we can address directly?

ding At least the KKK contribute to historic preservation of their own history, which is more than I can say of Black Democrats who let their own historic churches get burned or torn down, and keep funding private developers to demolish the rest. They won't invest in their own to rebuild.

So why blame it on the KKK when the Black leadership divides and destroys themselves?

The KKK will adopt roads and other sites to restore them. Where are the Blacks to invest in restoring historic brick streets laid by ministers that Democrats tore up? www.freedmenstown.net
www.freedmenstown.com

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

Published 1872

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

First KKK

Second KKK

Source FOUR:

Source FIVE:

p 816]:

A picture tells a thousand words. The 1st Grand Wizard of the KKK on a Democratic Convention pamphlet tells the story.

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

No political affiliation you say?

That's a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest on a Democratic convention pamphlet. Nathan Bedford Forrest was honored at the 1876 Democratic convention. Nathan Bedford Forrest was a grand wizard of the KKK.

Once again --- Googly Image revisionist meets Reality Check.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was an acclaimed Civil War general who was approached BY the Klan --- which already existed --- in April 1867 as a way of attaining "legitimacy" and spinning the negative connotations he already had. Actually "approached" isn't quite accurate; he was elected in absentia. He wasn't even there.

By January 1869 Forrest issued his first and only General Order Number One, disbanding the organization and ordering all of its paraphernalia destroyed. He had considered the violence to be out of control and tried to squash it.

Wanna see it?:

>> “WHEREAS, The Order of the K. K. K. is in some localities being perverted from its original honorable and patriotic purpose; “AND, WHEREAS, Such a perversion of the order is in some instances defeating the very objects of its origin, and is becoming injurious instead of subservient to the public peace and public safety for which it was intended, and in some cases is being used for personal benefit and private purposes, and to satiate private revenge by means of its masked features; “AND, WHEREAS, Public sentiment is against a masked organization in the country; “AND, WHEREAS, Their masked features offer an opportunity to bad men outside the order to depredate and outrage the people in our name; “AND, WHEREAS, A few disobedient and bad men have gotten into the order through imprudence and otherwise, and whose conduct under mask is a disgrace to the good name and honorable reputation of the order: “It is therefore ORDERED AND DECREED that the masks and costumes of this order be entirely abolished and destroyed. And every (den leader) shall assemble the men of his den and require them to destroy in his presence every article of mask and costume and at the same time shall destroy his own…” << (here)​

Of course, many of the various klaverns ignored this Order and continued to operate ad hoc for another four or five years before they were completely extinguished by around 1873.

I don't know what he was doing in 1876 --- as usual you didn't bother to link --- but in 1875 Forrest was invited to address a black civil rights organization at its Fourth of July event, where he said in part:

>> “I came here with the jeers of some white people, who think that I am doing wrong. I believe I can exert some influence and do much to assist the people in strengthening fraternal relations and shall do all in my power to elevate every man, to depress none. (Applause.)

“I want to elevate you to take positions in law offices, in stores, on farms and wherever you are capable of going. I have not said anything about politics today. I don’t propose to say anything about politics.

“You have a right to elect whom you please, vote for the man you think best, and I think, when that is done, you and I are freemen. Do as you consider right and honest in electing men for office. <<
................................(and unlike you I have yet another link)​

The previous year he had “volunteered to help ‘exterminate’ those men responsible for the continued violence against the blacks.” After the murder of four blacks by a lynch mob after they were arrested for defending themselves at a BBQ, Forrest wrote to Tennessee Governor Brown, offering “to exterminate the white marauders who disgrace their race by this cowardly murder of Negroes.” --- Nathan Bedford Forrest: In Search of the Enigma (Davison) pp. 464 and 474-475.

Please tell us what Jesus' message was. Kill those babies? Let's hear it in your own mangled words.

MarathonMike
Jesus said in addition to the two great commandments, we receive a new commandment
that we love one another as Jesus Christ has loved us (ie with Justice and Mercy,
with forgiveness to bring about correction and healing in establishing truth to restore relations).

I don't see Democrats protecting the equal beliefs of Republicans,
as Republicans have defended prochoice and prolife beliefs equally under law for Constitutional reasons.

They don't treat other political beliefs equally to their own,
and don't believe Constitutional standards require this.

Trump and others on the conservative side constantly rebuke and challenge each other, and respond
with correction. The media has torn down the Tea party and those candidates, but that is largely from the left.
If the conservatives don't kowtow to media politics, they are able to hold their own and work through rebukes.

With the left, they falls to divide and conquer, where the bigger bully wins.
Because they don't depend on the central Constitutional principles as their unifying foundation as the right does.

Christians are supposed to ANSWER when rebuked or correction asked of us.
The Bible says if asked to walk a mile, walk two.
Not to fall back on secular laws and hide behind the Fifth Amendment and refuse to answer.

Perhaps if Christian leaders on both left and right, followed the Bible instructions for redressing
issues between neighbors to RESTORE good faith relations in Christ Jesus (ie Restorative Justice)
we might see better examples of how Christians are supposed to act, both in personal and political relations.

Funny how this works ---- if you actually read the Bible, you will see that Jesus said we should love one another as yourself. But, the key point is that there is no requirement to "love the sinner, but hate the sin". Jesus was very clear --- he has no time, and no sympathy for non-believers.

The left attempts to bastardize the bible, to twist its lessons to justify their own position --- frankly, they hope against hope that they aren't wrong.
Dear Spare_change
Yes and no: if an unbeliever asks a believer to part ways, the believer is supposed to respect that and back off.
However, if two believers have differences, as Clinton and Trump both claim to be of Christian faith, then believers are held to Matthew 18:15-20 to rebuke one on one in private first, for purpose of reconciling the trespass in truth by agreement in Christ, or to ask assistance of witnesses to establish truth, or tell it unto to the church of that does not work.

None of these so called Christian leaders are resolving issues by addressing one another as fellow believers before "yelling it" unto the church.

So they both need to be rebuked, if two believers are doing that!

We don't just judge someone as a nonbeliever and refuse to work with that person. If we have a trespass to address, if we can't resolve it one on one we call in help of others to help resolve the matter.
That's a natural law that works for people of any denomination as long as they are open to mutual forgiveness and correction of the issue for the sake of better working relations.

Our secular due process of law even follows this structure of advising the person directly of the charges against them before bringing in witnesses to establish truth. The difference with the Christian approach is like Restorative Justice models which seek to heal the relations and people by correcting the wrongs and meting out restitution to repair or make whole. While our secular system of retribution seeks judgement and punishment as a means of deterring bullies who only respond to that approach.

Both are needed in order for people to get the justice they give: if you live by retribution justice, other ppl do that back to you; if you live by restorative justice or justice with mercy, then as we forgive others and allow corrections then this opportunity and grace is granted to us to be allowed correction when it's our turn to ask forgiveness.

My point exactly ... it is not our responsibility to condone, by absence of challenge, the actions of the non-believer. We are not to allow them to continue unchallenged, but rather, to continue to attempt them to address the trespass.

Neither are we to contribute to the environment that facilitates their trespass, but rather, to rise up and strike it down.
Spare_change I think we agree more than disagree.

I agree we strike down the environment by rebuke and not contributing to the same behavior. We offer correction while rising above, not stooping to the tactics we oppose.

I find rebukes are received better in a receptive environment of including people while rejecting the conflicting behavior. As people understand they don't like it when they are treated in negative hypocritical ways, they accept more support not to do the same things they oppose when it's done to them. If they want justice, they must act with justice. If they want to be given benefit of doubt, they must offer the same.

This more amenable environment cannot be built on mutual hostility distrust and rejection or division. To interact and influence one another on this level, we need a stable framework where we can redress our grievances as equals. So people feel free to share and do what other takes to resolve problems between us

Thank you Spare_change
more often I am too nice and don't push hard enough. It's important to band together with those like you willing to be firmer in demanding correction and pushing for that even stronger than I do! Thanks, and more grace and power to you in being that corrective influence we all need to see and receive more of. Yours truly, Emily

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

Published 1872

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

First KKK

Second KKK

Source FOUR:

Source FIVE:

p 816]:

The link works for me, lol. Maybe you need a a better computer. 13 Congressional Volumes! Man, that's a lot of proof that you are wrong, lol.

Then it's funny that you can't quote any part of it that actually supports your myth. Because there isn't any.

I'm sure the document exists --- it's quoted in one of the links I just put up, to wit:

>> “The natural tendency of all such organizations is to violence and crime, hence it was that Gen. Forrest and other men of influence by the exercise of their moral power, induced them to disband.” (See U.S. Congressional Committee Report “Ku Klux Klan,” June 27, 1871.) <<​

So it exists --- it just doesn't say what you wish it said. Need more links?

Notice the reference to ""all such organizations"? The Klan was one of many, usually also founded by returning Confederate soldiers (again, not by politicians) such as the Southern Cross, the White League and the Knights of the White Camellia, all formed around the same time. The only reason the Klan stands out as better known is that it was rekindled in 1915 and became much larger than it ever had been before, whereas the other groups were not.

2f501e67f0d59b5e81e033ec9f1ce4ba.jpg

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

Published 1872

No, it is not.

plaque1_6.gif

First KKK

Second KKK

Source FOUR:

Source FIVE:

p 816]:

Then it's funny that you can't quote any part of it that actually supports your myth. Because there isn't any.

I'm sure the document exists --- it's quoted in one of the links I just put up, to wit:

>> “The natural tendency of all such organizations is to violence and crime, hence it was that Gen. Forrest and other men of influence by the exercise of their moral power, induced them to disband.” (See U.S. Congressional Committee Report “Ku Klux Klan,” June 27, 1871.) <<​

Notice the reference to ""all such organizations"? The Klan was one of many, usually also founded by returning Confederate soldiers (again, not by politicians) such as the Southern Cross, the White League and the Knights of the White Camellia, all formed around the same time. The only reason the Klan stands out as better known is that it was rekindled in 1915 and became much larger than it ever had been before, whereas the other groups were not.

2f501e67f0d59b5e81e033ec9f1ce4ba.jpg

And Boy do they deserve it. They made their position clear, whether it is anti abortion or conservative value, they would have us voter for the Devil himself to get their way. No religious group has looked uglier then a Christian organization that would have our children learning from and respect this republican candidate. They have no clue what Jesus message was and is.
If Trump has done any good for this country, its that finally he's peeled back the bullshit of these so called Christian hypocrites and exposed them for what they've always been, save for the Mormons in Utah, and that KKK loving rednecks cloaked in a bible made of shit and toilet paper. In short, they got no creds....finally, the wolves in sheeps clothing are exposed!!!
tigerred59 I thought Trump was doing more to challenge the left right division with Black voters and pastors.

Well see if the support base he has leads to more unity or more division.
If a black leader did this he'd be struck down like Allen West. But a wild crazed white man who doesn't care what the media says cuz it's all trash anyway, he makes everyone look good in comparison with his shameless antics. So nobody should be afraid to come out and say what they feel, they should all join in. Can the media bash everyone at the same time if we're all just representing ourselves and saying different things? He could free up all the Black leaders and celebrities to come out, talk freely, make deals and stop the fearful division keeping everyone chained to their posts

Dear Pogo and ding
Can we try a slightly different angle on this take on this angle?
I have my own copy of a paper presented by a TSU Black historian on the history of white Democrats suppressing the Black vote and pushing the Jim Crow laws, where Blacks made historic stands against this oppression in Houston.

The counterargument is that when Blacks took over the Democrats party with influence this cause a "white flight" where those Southern conservatives fled to the GOP.

Either way, we see today the same rich/poor split between parties as slave masters used to manipulate by dividing field slaves from house slaves still called Uncle Toms in order to conquer both and keep them enslaved fighting each other. Today the whole nation is slave to this game, pitting the rich blaming the poor for welfare instead of correcting the crimes not all poor people are guilty of, against the poor blaming the rich for corrupt corporate welfare when not all wealthier taxpayers are guilty of any abuses either, but all taxpayers are equally deprived of liberties as if crimes were committed.

The Black vote cannot be divided this way without exploiting to control the narrative. This is cruel and needs to stop. History should be used to heal not divide further like pouring salt in wounds. Let us clean out the wounds so the two gaping sides can come together and heal. Thank you for your help in working toward that end!

Last edited:
not just evangelicals, anyone who votes for trump ... will be guilty.

Yes...in the 19th century....where RWrs want to live.

The philosophy of the Dem and Rep. switched sides from 1886 to the early 30's. Yes Democrats took the Republican position and Rep changed to the Dem. positions. They swapped party's basically. It takes about five minutes to research this.

The philosophy of the Dem and Rep. switched sides from 1886 to the early 30's. Yes Democrats took the Republican position and Rep changed to the Dem. positions. They swapped party's basically. It takes about five minutes to research this.
No, they didn't. The more Republican the south became the less racist it became.

Both parties had slaves , but the Democratic party was kicked out of the south because they apposed segregation. The transfer of Philosophy between them was started in about 1886 and the change of philosophy went on to the 30's. So it is really hard to say what either of them did because of that change. So what part of the right is left and what part of the left is right at any given time through those dates. I think the origin of change was started with the republicans supported big government and the Democrats supported small government but it continued through almost every party position or philosophy.

No, they didn't. The more Republican the south became the less racist it became.
Ya because the laws written by the Democrats made it so, The reason that the south changed party support is because the democrats attacked segregation.

Both parties had slaves , but the Democratic party was kicked out of the south because they apposed segregation. The transfer of Philosophy between them was started in about 1886 and the change of philosophy went on to the 30's. So it is really hard to say what either of them did because of that change. So what part of the right is left and what part of the left is right at any given time through those dates. I think the origin of change was started with the republicans supported big government and the Democrats supported small government but it continued through almost every party position or philosophy.
1886 to 1930's you say? I don't see it. Can you show me where the change occurred in the list below?

August 30, 1890 Republican President Benjamin Harrison signs legislation by U.S. Senator Justin Morrill (R-VT) making African-Americans eligible for land-grant colleges in the South

June 7, 1892 In a FIRST for a major U.S. political party, two women – Theresa Jenkins and Cora Carleton – attend Republican National Convention in an official capacity, as alternate delegates

February 8, 1894 Democrat Congress and Democrat President Grover Cleveland join to repeal Republicans’ Enforcement Act, which had enabled African-Americans to vote

December 11, 1895 African-American Republican and former U.S. Rep. Thomas Miller (R-SC) denounces new state constitution written to disenfranchise African-Americans

May 18, 1896 Republican Justice John Marshall Harlan, dissenting from Supreme Court’s notorious Plessy v. Ferguson “separate but equal” decision, declares: “Our Constitution is color-blind, and neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens”

December 31, 1898 Republican Theodore Roosevelt becomes Governor of New York; in 1900, he outlawed racial segregation in New York public schools

May 24, 1900 Republicans vote no in referendum for constitutional convention in Virginia, designed to create a new state constitution disenfranchising African-Americans

January 15, 1901 Republican Booker T. Washington protests Alabama Democratic Party’s refusal to permit voting by African-Americans

October 16, 1901 President Theodore Roosevelt invites Booker T. Washington to dine at White House, sparking protests by Democrats across the country

May 29, 1902 Virginia Democrats implement new state constitution, condemned by Republicans as illegal, reducing African-American voter registration by 86%

February 12, 1909 On 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth, African-American Republicans and women’s suffragists Ida Wells and Mary Terrell co-found the NAACP

June 18, 1912 African-American Robert Church, founder of Lincoln Leagues to register black voters in Tennessee, attends 1912 Republican National Convention as delegate; eventually serves as delegate at 8 conventions

August 1, 1916 Republican presidential candidate Charles Evans Hughes, former New York Governor and U.S. Supreme Court Justice, endorses women’s suffrage constitutional amendment; he would become Secretary of State and Chief Justice

May 21, 1919 Republican House passes constitutional amendment granting women the vote with 85% of Republicans in favor, but only 54% of Democrats; in Senate, 80% of Republicans would vote yes, but almost half of Democrats no

April 18, 1920 Minnesota’s FIRST-in-the-nation anti-lynching law, promoted by African-American Republican Nellie Francis, signed by Republican Gov. Jacob Preus

August 18, 1920 Republican-authored 19th Amendment, giving women the vote, becomes part of Constitution; 26 of the 36 states to ratify had Republican-controlled legislatures

January 26, 1922 House passes bill authored by U.S. Rep. Leonidas Dyer (R-MO) making lynching a federal crime; Senate Democrats block it with filibuster

June 2, 1924 Republican President Calvin Coolidge signs bill passed by Republican Congress granting U.S. citizenship to all Native Americans

October 3, 1924 Republicans denounce three-time Democrat presidential nominee William Jennings Bryan for defending the Ku Klux Klan at 1924 Democratic National Convention

December 8, 1924 Democratic presidential candidate John W. Davis argues in favor of “separate but equal”

June 12, 1929 First Lady Lou Hoover invites wife of U.S. Rep. Oscar De Priest (R-IL), an African-American, to tea at the White House, sparking protests by Democrats across the country

August 17, 1937 Republicans organize opposition to former Ku Klux Klansman and Democrat U.S. Senator Hugo Black, appointed to U.S. Supreme Court by FDR; his Klan background was hidden until after confirmation

Forum List

Back