No, every vet should not get free healthcare

The diciest part of Trump's promise is in his commitment to "every veteran." The VA gives priority to soldiers whose health problems stem directly from their military service, and it has a hierarchy of priority groups. At the very bottom of the list, there are no slots for financially well-off veterans with no service-related claim.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Increase veterans' health care

The way it should be, if not wounded during fighting or active duty in a wartime, get your own health insurance.
If you don't work for a company with shared ins, get on the ACA,

oh wait Trump scrapped that. Unless you got wounded in the line of duty, no free health care for you.
Do you honestly think people wearing pussy hats should be making important decisions?

I don't wear a pussy hat. You love the ACA you just don't know it. You probably love the pre existing clause part, which I read Trump and the GOP want to find it unconstitutional. Back to the questionnaires.

The diciest part of Trump's promise is in his commitment to "every veteran." The VA gives priority to soldiers whose health problems stem directly from their military service, and it has a hierarchy of priority groups. At the very bottom of the list, there are no slots for financially well-off veterans with no service-related claim.

The way it should be, if not wounded during fighting or active duty in a wartime, get your own health insurance.

oh wait Trump scrapped that. Unless you got wounded in the line of duty, no free health care for you.
...and I have a family member who just went on ACA, in Florida. Yet, you think Trump eliminated it.
Just wait til they try to claim, they will get labeled as pre-existing condition & get shafted.

There is no reason why financially well off veterans whose condition is unrelated to their service should get free care. The majority if not all wealthy ex military would prefer private doctors.

There is no reason why financially well off veterans whose condition is unrelated to their service should get free care. The majority if not all wealthy ex military would prefer private doctors.

Even not financially well off, disabled is a different story, they can get on Medicare. Otherwise if they are homeless or the working poor they can qualify for expanded Medicaid or the ACA. There is no draft.

Do you honestly think people wearing pussy hats should be making important decisions?

I don't wear a pussy hat. You love the ACA you just don't know it. You probably love the pre existing clause part, which I read Trump and the GOP want to find it unconstitutional. Back to the questionnaires.
You didn’t wear the proper attire while attending a leftist march against professional women who voted for Trump?

Not so. My hombre had a real nasty fall off scaffold over in 29 palms. Caved the back of his head in, coma all that and the navy had him 100%. Being in the militarey is a job. If you are injured on the job, any job in this country the employer is on the hook for it unless you fail a drug test. So those vets may not be able to go to the a VA, which is a good thing, but they will be and are taken care of.

Even not financially well off, disabled is a different story, they can get on Medicare. Otherwise if they are homeless or the working poor they can qualify for expanded Medicaid or the ACA. There is no draft.
if it weren't for me qualifying for lvl 7 care I would not get my Bi-polar medication. I was going berserk 20+ years ago. I was saved because I qualified for VA.
You are saying those who can't afford medical shouldn't get it. I have a nephew who doesn't have VA, he never served. He can't hold down a job because of his emotional disorder. Does he deserve to live in the street without medical care?

if it weren't for me qualifying for lvl 7 care I would not get my Bi-polar medication. I was going berserk 20+ years ago. I was saved because I qualified for VA.
You are saying those who can't afford medical shouldn't get it. I have a nephew who doesn't have VA, he never served. He can't hold down a job because of his emotional disorder. Does he deserve to live in the street without medical care?
Put it this way, he does not deserve free medical care from the military.

That is where expanded Medicaid come in to play. So you live in a state without expanded Medicaid, do you think you got bipolar from the military? I am pro the ACA and expanded Medicaid.

That is where expanded Medicaid come in to play. So you live in a state without expanded Medicaid, do you think you got bipolar from the military?
no. I recognize things I done as a child that were symptoms of my disease.

That is where expanded Medicaid come in to play. So you live in a state without expanded Medicaid, do you think you got bipolar from the military?

They let you in the military with bipolar disorder or didn't they assess for it and you didn't know?

Oh gee and here we thought the VA was so bad. Getting away on the cheap are you?
Not sure what your problem is, but knock it off. ... :mad-61:

I didn't go into the Army for the VA benefits. In fact, back then I didn't even know they existed.

It's a benefit extended to me by the government. I never asked for it. But since it's available, I'll use it.

If you don't agree with VA policy, then contact your congressman or get off your butt, make a sign, and protest against it. .... :cool:

No if you were not injured in active duty get your own health ins. I am against it. Its for injured vets and should be for acute care. That is the problem with healthcare.

They let you in the military with bipolar disorder or didn't they assess for it and you didn't know?
I didn't know.

If a veteran is in anyway in the VA health system they cannot receive a subsidy for health insurance it is considered minimum essential health coverage. They can buy off the marketplace and pay full price which most cannot afford. They also can tell the VA to send them a letter and get out of the VA health system, then they can receive subsidy if they qualify.

Spoken like a true left-wing asshole. While you mooch off of society, you have absolutely no respect for those that sacrificed for this great nation.

That is where expanded Medicaid come in to play. So you live in a state without expanded Medicaid, do you think you got bipolar from the military? I am pro the ACA and expanded Medicaid.

Doesn't matter if it came out during military service, aggravated or first time condition you will probably receive veteran benefits and that's the way it should be.

Doesn't matter if it came out during military service, aggravated or first time condition you will probably receive veteran benefits and that's the way it should be.

I disagree. I can't understand how some people raised hell about the ACA and expanded Medicaid, but then say vets should all get free healthcare.

I disagree. I can't understand how some people raised hell about the ACA and expanded Medicaid, but then say vets should all get free healthcare.

So the induction physicals are sloppy (or they were back in the 60's) and they don't catch a condition or you develop a condition or get hurt on active duty these people receive nothing?

So the induction physicals are sloppy (or they were back in the 60's) and they don't catch a condition or you develop a condition or get hurt on active duty these people receive nothing?
This fight is going to be good.

:popcorn:

New Topics

Forum List

Back