NJ Gov. Chris Christie knew about Bridgegate scheme as it unfolded, Feds say

NJ Gov. Chris Christie knew about Bridgegate scheme as it unfolded, Feds say:

- http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/prosecution-rips-ex-christie-allies-start-bridgegate-trial-article-1.2798177 -

The Bridgegate trial extracted a heavy toll on Chris Christie Monday, when a federal prosecutor said the New Jersey governor knew about the petty scheme that caused gridlock in Fort Lee while it was underway.

The charge that Christie was told of the alleged political retaliation on the third of four days of traffic problems at the George Washington Bridge contradicted the governor’s previous statements that he was “blindsided” by the scandal.

Prosecutors levied the stunning allegation during opening remarks in the trial of former Christie associates, Bridget Kelly and Bill Baroni, who are charged with intentionally causing traffic tieups on the GWB in September 2013.

Kelly and Baroni — along with former Port Authority honcho David Wildstein — orchestrated the closures as retribution for the refusal of Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, a Democrat, to endorse Christie for reelection, prosecutors say.

Bridgegate trial begins Monday for two Chris Christie cronies
Wildstein has pleaded guilty and will take the stand as the government’s star witness.

On Sept. 11, 2013 — the third of four days that traffic was bumper to bumper in Fort Lee — Baroni and Wildstein told Christie of the plot during a 9/11 memorial event in lower Manhattan and boasted that Sokolich’s desperate calls to the Port Authority were being met with “radio silence,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Vikas Khanna said.

“They bragged about the fact there were traffic problems in Fort Lee (to Christie) and that Mayor Sokolich wasn’t getting his calls returned,” Khanna said.

Attorneys for Kelly and Baroni, meanwhile, sought to portray their clients as decent public servants who had the misfortune of entering Wildstein’s orbit. ...:50: :bang3: :desk:

Did he know about the closures, or did he know why the closures were happening?

If he didn't know the why, then he can't be connected to the scheme.

it went on for days.

and there is no way he didn't know

the texts went back and forth talking about Christie. I'm not certain why you're ignoring that.

plus, these people never did anything behind his back.

Then why isn't he being prosecuted as well?

was he named an unindicted co-conspirator?

there are lots of reasons for not bringing an indictment yet. I have no idea what the reasoning of the prosecutor is. he might be waiting until he has a conviction against these two. or maybe they refused to take a plea based on giving up the governor.

again, no idea.... it would be speculation.

- http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/prosecution-rips-ex-christie-allies-start-bridgegate-trial-article-1.2798177 -

The Bridgegate trial extracted a heavy toll on Chris Christie Monday, when a federal prosecutor said the New Jersey governor knew about the petty scheme that caused gridlock in Fort Lee while it was underway.

The charge that Christie was told of the alleged political retaliation on the third of four days of traffic problems at the George Washington Bridge contradicted the governor’s previous statements that he was “blindsided” by the scandal.

Prosecutors levied the stunning allegation during opening remarks in the trial of former Christie associates, Bridget Kelly and Bill Baroni, who are charged with intentionally causing traffic tieups on the GWB in September 2013.

Kelly and Baroni — along with former Port Authority honcho David Wildstein — orchestrated the closures as retribution for the refusal of Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, a Democrat, to endorse Christie for reelection, prosecutors say.

Wildstein has pleaded guilty and will take the stand as the government’s star witness.

On Sept. 11, 2013 — the third of four days that traffic was bumper to bumper in Fort Lee — Baroni and Wildstein told Christie of the plot during a 9/11 memorial event in lower Manhattan and boasted that Sokolich’s desperate calls to the Port Authority were being met with “radio silence,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Vikas Khanna said.

“They bragged about the fact there were traffic problems in Fort Lee (to Christie) and that Mayor Sokolich wasn’t getting his calls returned,” Khanna said.

Attorneys for Kelly and Baroni, meanwhile, sought to portray their clients as decent public servants who had the misfortune of entering Wildstein’s orbit. ...:50: :bang3: :desk:

Did he know about the closures, or did he know why the closures were happening?

If he didn't know the why, then he can't be connected to the scheme.

it went on for days.

and there is no way he didn't know

the texts went back and forth talking about Christie. I'm not certain why you're ignoring that.

plus, these people never did anything behind his back.

Then why isn't he being prosecuted as well?

was he named an unindicted co-conspirator?

there are lots of reasons for not bringing an indictment yet. I have no idea what the reasoning of the prosecutor is. he might be waiting until he has a conviction against these two. or maybe they refused to take a plea based on giving up the governor.

again, no idea.... it would be speculation.

usually prosecutors don't let a subsequent target know about it via an opening statement in another Trial.

Christie's "lock her up" moment is coming back to haunt him.

Karma's a bitch.

Enjoy prison fat boy.

Oh freaking give it up. Bitch from hell running for President knocks off 4 Americans and we're ready to hang donut boy for some bullshit over a traffic jam?

Children were stuck on their school busses for hours! Be unconcerned all you like about emergency vehicles unable to get from place to place trying to make up some BS about Benghazi! You look the fool not me! :anj_stfu: :argue: :ahole-1:

OMG those poor children scarred for life

Using children as part of the revenge for politics. No biggie.

He lied about and used his office to punish his enemies. No biggie

He lied and said he didnt know anything about it for months on end. Lying. No biggie

Then they complain about Hillary having more than one device like OMG OMG she had more phones!!!! Brbrbrbrbrbrrb!

No one used children you moron. They got stuck in a fucking traffic jam not kidnapped and held hostage

Oh freaking give it up. Bitch from hell running for President knocks off 4 Americans and we're ready to hang donut boy for some bullshit over a traffic jam?

Children were stuck on their school busses for hours! Be unconcerned all you like about emergency vehicles unable to get from place to place trying to make up some BS about Benghazi! You look the fool not me! :anj_stfu: :argue: :ahole-1:

He lied and said he didnt know anything about it for months on end. Lying. No biggie

Then they complain about Hillary having more than one device like OMG OMG she had more phones!!!! Brbrbrbrbrbrrb!

No one used children you moron. They got stuck in a fucking traffic jam not kidnapped and held hostage

You're right it was the first day of school and everyone knows that means no children were commuting.

And you have the nerve to call names. Shame on you

You're right it was the first day of school and everyone knows that means no children were commuting.

So when Obammy holds up traffic for a fund raiser and little kids get stuck he's Using them too right?

FUCKING IDIOT

So when Obammy holds up traffic for a fund raiser and little kids get stuck he's Using them too right?

FUCKING IDIOT

So now you know that kids go to school on the first day? And you're still calling names lls.

FUCKING IDIOT

So now you know that kids go to school on the first day? And you're still calling names lls.

So the fuck what?

The little brats were not specifically targeted and "used" they just got stuck in a fucking traffic jam

FUCKING IDIOT

So the fuck what?

The little brats were not specifically targeted and "used" they just got stuck in a fucking traffic jam

Then I expect your apology for claiming that no kids were affected on the first day of school

FUCKING IDIOT

So the fuck what?

Then I expect your apology for claiming that no kids were affected on the first day of school
I never said that I said they weren't used

FUCKING IDIOT

So the fuck what?

Apologize for being a no nothing dumbass. You were wrong, they were used unless Christie, like you, didnt know kids went to school on the first day.

FUCKING IDIOT

So the fuck what?

Apologize for being a no nothing dumbass. You were wrong, they were used unless Christie, like you, didnt know kids went to school on the first day.

No they got stuck in traffic that is all

And maybe you should apologize for being so fucking stupid you can't spell know nothing correctly

Maybe you didn't make it to school that day and that's why you have your panties in a twist

So the fuck what?

And maybe you should apologize for being so fucking stupid you can't spell know nothing correctly

Maybe you didn't make it to school that day and that's why you have your panties in a twist

They got stuck in the Traffic Christie jammed and here you are still saying that they werent used. Maybe because Christie didnt know when the first day of school was.

And all you got is going after a typo :badgrin:

First Skull said there were no kids. Then he says there were kids but maybe Christie didnt know when school started. Now Skull is focused on my spelling of words.

You lost :badgrin:

Chris Christie, once considered by Trump as his Vice Presidential running mate.

Criminals seek the refuge of each other's company.

So the fuck what?

They got stuck in the Traffic Christie jammed and here you are still saying that they werent used. Maybe because Christie didnt know when the first day of school was.

And all you got is going after a typo :badgrin:

No they weren't used
The people who were responsible didn't care who got caught in traffic

That was not a mere typo

KNWO is a typo you just used the wrong word

Hillary is an accessory to the murder of Chris Stevens and destroyed evidence to cover it up

Forum List

Back