Night Train To Munich (1940)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a cracking film but you might not be familiar with the story. The action takkes place pre war as a British Agent tries to save a Czech scientist from the Nazis.

Rex Harrison plays the MI5 man and Margaret Lockwood sizzles up the screen as the love interest. She must be the most beautiful woman in the world ever.

It looks like it was made for £5 but the story and acting carry it along at a tidy pace. One of several propaganda films made in Britain at the time. I give it 10/10.

Not sure if this link will work for you guys.

This is a cracking film but you might not be familiar with the story. The action takkes place pre war as a British Agent tries to save a Czech scientist from the Nazis.

Rex Harrison plays the MI5 man and Margaret Lockwood sizzles up the screen as the love interest. She must be the most beautiful woman in the world ever.

It looks like it was made for £5 but the story and acting carry it along at a tidy pace. One of several propaganda films made in Britain at the time. I give it 10/10.

All white people and no gays. Seems like the British weren’t much different than the Nazis back in those days, eh?

All white people and no gays. Seems like the British weren’t much different than the Nazis back in those days, eh?

You are such a goddamn fool.

Night Train to Munich is one of my favorites. Carol Reed knows how to make tight suspense and mystery flicks. Other good movies by Carol Reed are "The Third Man", which has been discussed in a recent thread. Another one is "Odd Man Out' about a hunted man pursued through the darkening streets of a crumbling, divided city by police, friends, co-conspirators, enemies and his blindly faithful lover. This is also one James Mason's better movies. Two of Graham Green's novels, "Our Man in Havana" and Fallen Idle were big successes and got rave reviews but IMHO, they didn't measure to the other works mentioned above.

Berlin Express is another suspense flick set on a train in allied occupied Germany. I thought Night Train to Munich was better but Berlin Express was not bad.

Night Train to Munich is one of my favorites. Carol Reed knows how to make tight suspense and mystery flicks. Other good movies by Carol Reed are "The Third Man", which has been discussed in a recent thread. Another one is "Odd Man Out' about a hunted man pursued through the darkening streets of a crumbling, divided city by police, friends, co-conspirators, enemies and his blindly faithful lover. This is also one James Mason's better movies. Two of Graham Green's novels, "Our Man in Havana" and Fallen Idle were big successes and got rave reviews but IMHO, they didn't measure to the other works mentioned above.

Berlin Express is another suspense flick set on a train in allied occupied Germany. I thought Night Train to Munich was better but Berlin Express was not bad.

Pimpernel Smith was on tv yesterday. Its probably the best of the propaganda films. Leslie Howard was a saunch anti Nazi. He made 49th Paralell as well.

Does my link work over there ?

Yes, as long you hit the control at the bottom right of the video to expand it to full screen. This film has been restored. Unfortunately, this copy has not. It appears to be a copy off of a copy of the 1940 master. The restored film has much better sound and images. Unfortunately, many of the pre-1950 films post on web sites are rather poor copies. However, the quality of the movie, if not the film is is still there.

Yes, as long you hit the control at the bottom right of the video to expand it to full screen. This film has been restored. Unfortunately, this copy has not. It appears to be a copy off of a copy of the 1940 master. The restored film has much better sound and images. Unfortunately, many of the pre-1950 films post on web sites are rather poor copies. However, the quality of the movie, if not the film is is still there.

I will have another look. I watched it on my tv and it was perfect. Cant have been this one though. There are some bad copies out there.

Off topic and totally irrelevant

Last edited:

Forum List

Back