Nick Johnson Collapse of America

Laslow

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2022

I like Nick Johnson's videos. Especially his unboxing series. I find he is tough on rural areas, and the only places he actually likes are areas with tech jobs. Overall, he seems fair and questions both sides. I thought this video was outstanding. At the end he has people discuss the problems. I think the loss of jobs is on everybody, but the sense of a decay in society is palpable. Much of the social decay is just democrats getting everything on their wish list. Marriage is not important, loving your country is wrong, and wiping religion from most of society. Add in making everyone dependent on government assistance and no longer prosecuting criminals, and we are in liberal utopia.
The second speaker is where things get really interesting. It is a pretty clear picture of how this all happened. Our form of governance has flipped exactly backwards of what it should be. Local level, state level, and national level. So much of our power is at the national level that people have absolutely no control over what happens. The proof is the 6000 page bills where nobody knows what is in it. The people we vote for either do something stupid or allow others to do something stupid. We need to reverse the power structure, so we are like smaller countries where people can actually control what happens in their lives.

*Goes back in time 100 years*
*Child labor, women have no voice, labor is locked inside of warehouses and not allowed to leave, 7-day work week*

*Goes back to the present*
Guy on video: "THE GREATNESS OF THE U.S. IS CRUMBLING"

*Child labor, women have no voice, labor is locked inside of warehouses and not allowed to leave, 7-day work week*

Yes we have made great strides in the last 100 + years but we are headed the direction of all previous world powers. It's inevitable and it's already started.
There are Stages of Empire (World Power) as categorized by Sir John Glubb, 7 stages as noted from studying past World Powers.
  1. The Age of Pioneers (Outburst)
  2. The Age of Conquests
  3. The Age of Commerce
  4. The Age of Affluence
  5. The Age of Intellect
  6. The Age of Decadence
  7. The Age of Decline & Collapse

It's area dependent....My town won't allow derelict homes to stand long before they are condemned but like everywhere else there are still a few that slip through the cracks for one reason or another, usually they are tied-up in the probate court. Just one eye-sore in a high traffic place is all people will see.

The good thing is that town lots are so desirable they get sold and built on in short order. Many of the older homes sit on a .50 to .75 acre lot so they get torn down and two go up in their place.

Yes we have made great strides in the last 100 + years but we are headed the direction of all previous world powers. It's inevitable and it's already started.
There are Stages of Empire (World Power) as categorized by Sir John Glubb, 7 stages as noted from studying pas stillt World Powers.
  1. The Age of Pioneers (Outburst)
  2. The Age of Conquests
  3. The Age of Commerce
  4. The Age of Affluence
  5. The Age of Intellect
  6. The Age of Decadence
  7. The Age of Decline & Collapse
It would be interesting to study what happened to England over its extremely long life. When did they still have hope and a sense of direction?

When you go through town after town of boarded up houses, you can't really cover it up anymore. The gains you have mentioned don't negate the literal falling apart of many communities. Ringel05 is exactly right. There is a historic cycle of rise and fall. If a historian could please explain what the next few stages will look like, I'd be very interested.

It would be interesting to study what happened to England over its extremely long life. When did they still have hope and a sense of direction?
The British empire basically lasted 400 years from expansion to contraction. I believe it was around 1900 during the Boer War that it reached it's apex and started the downhill slide. By the time of WW I the coffin was being made and by WWII the last nail was driven in and the US came to ascendancy.

When you go through town after town of boarded up houses, you can't really cover it up anymore. The gains you have mentioned don't negate the literal falling apart of many communities. Ringel05 is exactly right. There is a historic cycle of rise and fall. If a historian could please explain what the next few stages will look like, I'd be very interested.
Here's Sir John Glubb's Fate of Empires and the Search for Survival in pdf form.

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

This will give you a better handle on it. Granted I don't agree with everything he puts forth but he has the basic mechanisms down pat.

Go back 2,000 years when leftists were fed to lions in the arena.
1652130108600.png

Forum List

Back