Nice to see the pushback from the Left against CANCEL CULTURE gain steam

Hopefully the momentum is increasing by the minute. "The Left has become the Right" is now being used as a term to describe how the hardcore Left has become what it used to loathe: Restrictive in what words are allowed to be uttered in public, etc.

This is one of the many excellent long-form political conversations that can be found on YouTube nowadays. This one includes one of my favorite thinkers and writers, Matt Taibbi. These are three liberals who see what has happened to the hardcore Left, and how it has become repressive, and how the Right is now the side that is more libertarian in its freedom of expression protections.

For example, from Taibbi: "One of the features of the new politics... is that it's losing some young people because the codes of behavior are so strict. The tendency to be that person who is constantly policing the speech of everyone else in the group -- that used to be the conservative in the room, and that was why a lot of us became political liberals. The rules have been reversed now".

They also discuss how the "left intelligencia" is denying that Cancel Culture is even happening.

MORE MORE MORE PLEASE!!!!

They complain about cancel culture....and then go out and vote for the democrat party, the party that is the root cause of cancel culture.....they are just mouthing off, and until they stop voting for the party of cancel culture that is all it is....

The problem is that the alternative is ignorant and ugly.

"The lesser of two evils", and all that.

Republicans aren't even remotely close to the democrats....not even close to the lesser of two evils...you have the democrat party openly supporting antifa and black lives matter as they burn, loot, beat and kill Americans in democrat party controlled cities....as they get people fired for simply having different political views....who used the FBI, CIA, IRS, DOJ and State Department to target the opposition party before and after an election...

The democrat party is evil........and it isn't even a matter of "lesser of," anymore....

Well, that's the perspective of the hardcore Trumpian Right. I get it.

The Regressive Left would say the same in reverse.

Neither whacked-out end has any credibility at this point.

How can you hope to have a discussion when you dismiss out of hand, opposing viewpoints? And, who the hell are you to label an opposing view as not credible in the first place?

If you don’t want the opposition to have a voice, then you are what youre complaining about, and the premise of your thread is a sham.

I don't "dismiss out of hand, opposing viewpoints". I note them very carefully from a sociological / anthropological perspective. I just choose not to get into long-form back-and-forth slap fights. I don't see the point. Do you? Do you feel they actually accomplish something? Really?

You guys spend far too much time worrying about me, and maybe not enough time focusing on specifics. That tells me quite a bit.

I don’t give a rats ass what you think it tells you. You started a thread looking for discussion, then immediately stated that opposing views were “not credible”, so, you and your thread are fraud.

Okay, whatever makes you happy.

Hopefully the momentum is increasing by the minute. "The Left has become the Right" is now being used as a term to describe how the hardcore Left has become what it used to loathe: Restrictive in what words are allowed to be uttered in public, etc.

This is one of the many excellent long-form political conversations that can be found on YouTube nowadays. This one includes one of my favorite thinkers and writers, Matt Taibbi. These are three liberals who see what has happened to the hardcore Left, and how it has become repressive, and how the Right is now the side that is more libertarian in its freedom of expression protections.

For example, from Taibbi: "One of the features of the new politics... is that it's losing some young people because the codes of behavior are so strict. The tendency to be that person who is constantly policing the speech of everyone else in the group -- that used to be the conservative in the room, and that was why a lot of us became political liberals. The rules have been reversed now".

They also discuss how the "left intelligencia" is denying that Cancel Culture is even happening.

They complain about cancel culture....and then go out and vote for the democrat party, the party that is the root cause of cancel culture.....they are just mouthing off, and until they stop voting for the party of cancel culture that is all it is....

Republicans aren't even remotely close to the democrats....not even close to the lesser of two evils...you have the democrat party openly supporting antifa and black lives matter as they burn, loot, beat and kill Americans in democrat party controlled cities....as they get people fired for simply having different political views....who used the FBI, CIA, IRS, DOJ and State Department to target the opposition party before and after an election...

The democrat party is evil........and it isn't even a matter of "lesser of," anymore....

How can you hope to have a discussion when you dismiss out of hand, opposing viewpoints? And, who the hell are you to label an opposing view as not credible in the first place?

If you don’t want the opposition to have a voice, then you are what youre complaining about, and the premise of your thread is a sham.

I don't "dismiss out of hand, opposing viewpoints". I note them very carefully from a sociological / anthropological perspective. I just choose not to get into long-form back-and-forth slap fights. I don't see the point. Do you? Do you feel they actually accomplish something? Really?

You guys spend far too much time worrying about me, and maybe not enough time focusing on specifics. That tells me quite a bit.

I don’t give a rats ass what you think it tells you. You started a thread looking for discussion, then immediately stated that opposing views were “not credible”, so, you and your thread are fraud.

Makes me happy? No son, it makes me sad, and disgusted....see, I’ve been on boards like this for at least 20 years now, and people used to have intellectual discussions. You know ones that had a chance to change minds.

Now, they are as you term them “slap rests”, and when you tell someone you disagree with that they are not credible, YOU contribute to that culture. So, you are part of the culture you say in your OP that you’re against. That sir, makes you a fraud and a liar.

Makes me happy? No son, it makes me sad, and disgusted....see, I’ve been on boards like this for at least 20 years now, and people used to have intellectual discussions. You know ones that had a chance to change minds.

Now, they are as you term them “slap rests”, and when you tell someone you disagree with that they are not credible, YOU contribute to that culture. So, you are part of the culture you say in your OP that you’re against. That sir, makes you a fraud and a liar.

Boring.

If my posts annoy you or cause you trauma, don't read them.

I don't care.

yeah----but too little, too late
Well, I hope not.

This is why I always talk about each side holding its own accountable. People like those in the video are only a few voices. There are many more on the Left who are trying to push back against this madness. And because it's coming from many respected voices on the Left, it is more effective, and it has a better chance of succeeding.

If only the Right would take the cue.

I'm just lay this here.

The Right never took it this far, not even close.

They would criticize and pooh-pooh and look down their nose and sneer, but they never approached what is happening now. Not even close.

Since Mac doesn't actually have a position, we will have to guess. He said the left has become hideous and evil, but the right is somehow worse. What is it that could be worse than looting, lawlessness, and naked power grabs? The answer is hats. Mac is going to bite the bullet and vote for power hungry, lawless lunatics because he hates red hats.

Cancel culture is nothing more than a SLOGAN for the insanity of the left.........they always need a cool slogan to rant about............makes them feel righteous.

Cant say it enough, IF both sides of the isle would police their own the rest of us would have a fighting chance at America the Beautiful.

Boring.

If my posts annoy you or cause you trauma, don't read them.

I don't care.

That’s it, run away.

New Poll: 64% of Americans agree.
As long as the Left push Cancel Culture & PC & Identity Politics, they're leaving the door open for Trumpism. They still refuse to admit the role this stuff played in getting Trump elected in the first place.

We are divided, we will stay divided until we demand honest people are placed in positions of power by deed not by words. Or political party

As long as the Left push Cancel Culture & PC & Identity Politics, they're leaving the door open for Trumpism. They still refuse to admit the role this stuff played in getting Trump elected in the first place.

It's ok, we want them to keep going with it. The more absurd the better, while the world laughs at the left.

It's ok, we want them to keep going with it. The more absurd the better, while the world laughs at the left.
It definitely helps the GOP.

It is because our bread and circuses have recently overshadowed the fact that we will continue to have them, no matter the cost, even lives. Politics have been banished to the back seat and the superficial now drives.

Sorry, but I'm sure the hell not seeing any improvement yet. In fact if anything, the left seems to be doubling down, as we don't go a day without a new attack.

Forum List

Back