Nice Terrorist Had Accomplices - Attack was Carefully Planned

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
Looks like our lone wolf wasn't working alone after all but allegedly had five accomplices and planned the attack possibly over a one year period.

Nice attacker 'plotted for months and had accomplices'

Prosecutor says five suspects are facing preliminary terror charges for alleged roles in helping Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel

Floral tributes, notes and candles placed in the road for victims of the Bastille Day attack in Nice. Photograph: Valery Hache/AFP/Getty Images
Kim Willsher in Paris

Thursday 21 July 2016 19.04 BSTLast modified on Thursday 21 July 2016 22.00 BST
The man who drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, killing 84 people and injuring hundreds more, had help planning the attack, the Paris prosecutor, François Molins, has revealed.

Evidence from mobile phones and computer records suggested that Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was not a recently radicalised “lone wolf”, as previously thought, but had several accomplices and had planned his attack for up to a year.

Molins told a press conference on Thursday that after the attack on the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in January 2015, in which 12 people died, Bouhlel sent a text message to one suspect that read: “I am not Charlie. I’m happy they have brought some of Allah’s soldiers to finish the job.”....

Nice attacker 'plotted for months and had accomplices'

Wow. He was crazy like a fox, wasn't he? His family didn't even know. Amazing how he kept it such a dead secret.

Wow. He was crazy like a fox, wasn't he? His family didn't even know. Amazing how he kept it such a dead secret.
It's not unusual for people involved in illegal activities to keep themselves and their plans under the radar. ....... :cool:
No, you're right. But he SEEMED to be impulsive, hedonist, and kind of unstable. I don't think of folks like that being very good at keeping secrets. He did, though. A real Hamlet.

No, you're right. But he SEEMED to be impulsive, hedonistic, and kind of unstable. I don't think of folks like that being very good at keeping secrets.
Heck, I've had friends I grew up with that are impulsive, hedonist, and kinda unstable. (especially when they are drunk) but I can't imagine them being terrorists.

Here in the south we call them "Rednecks". ....... :lol:

Crazy? He was not on good terms with his wife - getting divorced I think, and he had little contact with his family, who live in Tunisia. Why would you expect him to announce he was planning on mowing down people and killing babies and children? He told the people who needed to know - people who would help him.

No, you're right. But he SEEMED to be impulsive, hedonistic, and kind of unstable. I don't think of folks like that being very good at keeping secrets.
Heck, I've had friends I grew up with that are impulsive, hedonist, and kinda unstable. (especially when they are drunk) but I can't imagine them being terrorists.

Here in the south we call them "Rednecks". ....... :lol:
Lol. Hello, Sunni, I hope you are well and I intend to not be rude to you any more ;) Anyway, I have known many Muslims who drink alcohol - particularly when I was at Uni - there was even a girl who wore the hijab who came to pubs with us - but she didn't drink. The drinkers were usually male, although a Pakistani girlfriend was pretty wild and drank like a fish. Some of the men used drugs too. Dont you know any Muslims who drink alcohol?

It's not unusual for people involved in illegal activities to keep themselves and their plans under the radar. ....... :cool:
No, you're right. But he SEEMED to be impulsive, hedonist, and kind of unstable. I don't think of folks like that being very good at keeping secrets. He did, though. A real Hamlet.
Lol. The 9/11 terrorists also behaved in an 'hedonistic' way, so what is your point? People planning terrorist acts are usually very good at staying under the radar and behaving in ways that don't raise alarms about them being extremist.

Anyway, I have known many Muslims who drink alcohol - particularly when I was at Uni - there was even a girl who wore the hijab who came to pubs with us - but she didn't drink. The drinkers were usually male, although a Pakistani girlfriend was pretty wild and drank like a fish. Some of the men used drugs too. Dont you know any Muslims who drink alcohol?
There are people in every religion who violate the religion's teachings.

I have known Baptists and Mormons who drink......a big church no-no. ....:eusa_naughty:

Muslim's usually don't confront fellow worshippers who are violating the rules. We just say, "That's between them and God".

I personally don't know any muslims who drink. But then again most of my friends are regulars at the mosque. ...... :cool:

Interesting:

Nice officials reject request to delete truck attack surveillance footage

Anti-terror agency asks authorities to destroy images as ministers face growing criticism over security measures on 14 July

A French soldier on patrol in Nice earlier this week. Camera footage could show how police were deployed on the night of the attack. Photograph: Patrick Aventurier/Getty Images
Associated Press in Paris

Friday 22 July 2016 10.08 BSTLast modified on Friday 22 July 2016 10.24 BST

Authorities in Nice have refused a request from French anti-terror police to delete surveillance camera images of last week’s deadly truck attack, amid growing questions over the scale of the police presence at the time.

The city received a letter this week from the SDAT anti-terrorism agency asking for images of the 14 July attack to be destroyed, an official at Nice city hall said on Friday.

The city is filing a legal complaint instead, arguing that the images could constitute evidence in the case, said the official, who is not authorised to be publicly named. ...

Yeah, he and 5 others charged with its planning.

Interesting:

Anti-terror agency asks authorities to destroy images as ministers face growing criticism over security measures on 14 July

A French soldier on patrol in Nice earlier this week. Camera footage could show how police were deployed on the night of the attack. Photograph: Patrick Aventurier/Getty Images

Authorities in Nice have refused a request from French anti-terror police to delete surveillance camera images of last week’s deadly truck attack, amid growing questions over the scale of the police presence at the time.

The city received a letter this week from the SDAT anti-terrorism agency asking for images of the 14 July attack to be destroyed, an official at Nice city hall said on Friday.

The city is filing a legal complaint instead, arguing that the images could constitute evidence in the case, said the official, who is not authorised to be publicly named. ...

That's a lie! He was a self loathing gay man....er....I mean homosexual...not that there's anything wrong with that!

Interesting:

That's a lie! He was a self loathing gay man....er....I mean homosexual...not that there's anything wrong with that!
I know, right! On the night of the attack I predicted that he'd be gay, not really Muslim, and mentally ill before the week was out :wink:
And now security has asked officials in Nice to destroy the CCTV record :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Interesting:

I know, right! On the night of the attack I predicted that he'd be gay, not really Muslim, and mentally ill before the week was out :wink:
And now security has asked officials in Nice to destroy the CCTV record :eusa_think:

It's disturbing that these euro authorities keep trying to cover up the atrocities committed by Islamists. Just like the Bataclan attack how they told no one of the gruesome torture at that time.

Forum List

Back