NFL Setting Stage To Cancel 2020 Season

I think many pro sports thinking of starting their season will end up cancelling

NBA has many players infected. MLB will find the same.
College Football is finding it difficult to bring in players

So what should be done with the stadiums that states and cities have built at tremendous expense? Can't social distance when 100,000 are jammed inside for a game.

Let's be honest, PP, without fans in the stands, without those ticket sales and press box sales and concession sales and parking sales, football as we know it cannot survive. They'll try to switch to all advertising revenue or move it to a pay channel and it will get so polluted with ads and commercials, people will stop watching on TV as well. TV is already over the critical threshold and is dying anyway as it is.

By next year, Roger Goodell could be driving a Yugo.

The horror!!!

The thought of him driving a Yugo is just making me cry!!!

The NFL is thinking of offering players the option to opt out of the 2020 season without penalty.
Some college schools are canceling the 2020 season already. This is just a couple of examples of how the left controls much of our country.

Has nothing to do with Democrats or the left.

Of course it does. The Libs are the ones who are the engine behind the Corona Panic. They want to cripple the country as much as possible as long as Donald J. Trump is President.

Tell me when did the Governor of Texas become a Democrat or Liberal seeing he has issued orders and allowed local governments to do what they must to control the spread of the Virus?
The politics of a spineless government official isn't important now.
Everyone is being pressured to "Do the safe thing" by leftists.

I think many pro sports thinking of starting their season will end up cancelling

So what should be done with the stadiums that states and cities have built at tremendous expense? Can't social distance when 100,000 are jammed inside for a game.

Let's be honest, PP, without fans in the stands, without those ticket sales and press box sales and concession sales and parking sales, football as we know it cannot survive. They'll try to switch to all advertising revenue or move it to a pay channel and it will get so polluted with ads and commercials, people will stop watching on TV as well. TV is already over the critical threshold and is dying anyway as it is.

I doubt it

The NFL makes more money off of TV than any other sport
If they cancel the season they aren't going to be making money on TV other than replaying old games on NFL Network.

They will sit idle like everything else

The bond holders expect paid, revenue needs generated. How about converting Ohio Stadium, First Energy Stadium and Heinz Stadium into field hospitals to take care of pandemic patients?

i have given up on the NFL. the politics was bad enough not too long ago and people screaming LOOK AT ME AND MY CAUSE but this year, the way they have let BLM own the league? if you support the police you will apologize the next day? goodell coming out and bending the knee to a terrorist org?

yea. i'm done. sucks because my cowboys finally got a good coach and had a hell of a draft. now my apathy is all i care about when it comes to the NFL.

The NFL is thinking of offering players the option to opt out of the 2020 season without penalty.
Some college schools are canceling the 2020 season already. This is just a couple of examples of how the left controls much of our country.

Of course it does. The Libs are the ones who are the engine behind the Corona Panic. They want to cripple the country as much as possible as long as Donald J. Trump is President.

Tell me when did the Governor of Texas become a Democrat or Liberal seeing he has issued orders and allowed local governments to do what they must to control the spread of the Virus?

No, the Governor is doing what is needed to keep our Hospital system from crashing here in Texas.

Fact is many will not die from the virus but our hospital system here in Texas can only absorb so many at a time.

So no the Governor is not spineless and is doing the right thing!

The bond holders expect paid, revenue needs generated. How about converting Ohio Stadium, First Energy Stadium and Heinz Stadium into field hospitals to take care of pandemic patients?

Lot of businesses facing the same problem. Paying the rent

You want to try to repossess a stadium?

nfl finger.jpg

Meh, whatever.

If they do, at least we won't have to listen to that "black national anthem" bullshit in week one...
And we won't have to listen to the white national anthem played before games all year.
The national anthem is for all Americans. You are the problem with the division.

I doubt it

The NFL makes more money off of TV than any other sport

If the games are played in empty stadiums or on secluded fields, will they remain as popular?

When the players start losing their paychecks, there will be a lot of big black guys out there looking to skin some Democrats...

Lot of businesses facing the same problem. Paying the rent

You want to try to repossess a stadium?

Other businesses that close, get their building repurposed into something else.

Many buildings that held Circuit City, Kmart and Blockbuster, hold other things today.

Bullshit it has everything to do with them

Meh, whatever.

If they do, at least we won't have to listen to that "black national anthem" bullshit in week one...
And we won't have to listen to the white national anthem played before games all year.
What the hell is the "white national anthem?" I had no idea white people had their very own national anthem. What song is that?

I’ll miss the kneeling. I like how it triggers the right (wrong) side. We’ll see if you miss it.
It won't offend me because I won't be watching. I hope the NFL goes bankrupt.
And it will, or they'll be begging the government for a bailout.

The NFL is so LEFT now, I hope the whole freakin' mess collapses too, and I hope that's a lesson to others. Keep your pandering and virtue signaling to yourself, we don't need to see or hear it.

you are a dumb fuck! no one wnats to tank the economy, no democrat,independent, or republican wants to sit around with their thumb up their ass doing nothing. Only smack heads want that take your horse shit nonsense else where. Every swinging dick in the nation is having a rough time right now. Every one wants shit back to normal. Your a dumb fuck.
Fuck off Dick
Tell that to AOC she tweeted this than deleted it:
It’s vital that Governors maintain restrictions on businesses until after the November Elections because economic recovery will help Trump be re-elected. A few business closures or job losses is a small price to pay to be free from his presidency. #KeepUsClosed

No, the Governor is doing what is needed to keep our Hospital system from crashing here in Texas.

Fact is many will not die from the virus but our hospital system here in Texas can only absorb so many at a time.

So no the Governor is not spineless and is doing the right thing!

we're not even at half ICU capacity. do you ever bother to go look for yourself or are the talking points you're handed good enough?

i appreciate abbott is in a tough spot. but he's not helping himself when he says he won't shut us down again and then does. he's not helping the situation when he says BUSINESS A CAN BE 50% BUT NOT BUSINESS B - what the hell difference does it make what you're doing if you're at half capacity and following all guidelines?

you can be pawn if you want, but there's far too much bullshit and lies going on to take this seriously. and ultimately that's unfortunate because the virus is real. just not the global killer we're pretending it is.

All according to plan.

Funny how a disease that amounts to the flu can be used to destroy all forms of recreation in America.
The left is busy destroying anything that takes our minds off of our troubles.
I wonder why they think they can take over the government by doing this?
Actually the right is, holding rallies, not social distancing and not wearing a mask.
And spreading COVID
Oh, you mean like the THOUSANDS of RIOTS you radical democrat marxists have done?

Forum List

Back