NFL Players Are Being Exposed With New Helmet Rule

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
They say that it's just part of the game.
No it's not.
Seems a new rule against helmet contact is exposing NFL players as the head hunters they have been rumored to be. Yet they felt that they could get away with blaming the NFL for concussions. Concussions that are leading to permanent brain damage.

If you've been watching NFL pre-season games it appears that most of those concussions could have been avoided, but instead (now that it has become a focus of the league) happened intentionally. It's like these guys never learn. You would think that causing your team a 15 yard penalty would be enough incentive to change your behavior, but no. Over and over last night defenders who could have tackled a player correctly chose to ram their helmet into a defenseless opponent's head.

Michael Strahan, formerly of the NY Giants, said that it was part of normal tackling technique to lead with your head. Bull Shit. You never tackle someone when you can't see what you're tackling. What Michael is illustrating is the tactic of ramming your body into an opponent using a heavy piece of ballistic material better known as a football helmet.

I played the game. I never intentionally tried to hurt somebody on the field like these guys do several times in every game. I remember what it's like, the ringing in my ears when I would accidentally bump heads with another player. But just about every tackle is the same. Bash the crap out of the guy with what, on the street, would be considered a weapon. Well, now the NFL has had enough of the lawsuits and criticism from players and the media. Now the focus is on them. They're gonna have to change, or, when the games start to count again, maybe cost their team a win.

Okay, I'm done ranting.
You can go back to bashing Trump now.

Last edited:
No it's not.
Seems a new rule against helmet contact is exposing NFL players as the head hunters they have been rumored to be. Yet they felt that they could get away with blaming the NFL for concussions. Concussions that are leading to permanent brain damage.

If you've been watching NFL pre-season games it appears that most of those concussions could have been avoided, but instead (now that it has become a focus of the league) happened intentionally. It's like these guys never learn. You would think that causing your team a 15 yard penalty would be enough incentive to change your behavior, but no. Over and over last night defenders who could have tackled a player correctly chose to ram their helmet into a defenseless opponent's head.

Michael Strahan, formerly of the NY Giants, said that it was part of normal tackling technique to lead with your head. Bull Shit. You never tackle someone when you can't see what you're tackling. What Michael is illustrating is the tactic of ramming your body into an opponent using a heavy piece of ballistic material better known as a football helmet.

I played the game. I never intentionally tried to hurt somebody on the field like these guys do several times in every game. I remember what it's like, the ringing in my ears when I would accidentally bump heads with another player. But just about every tackle is the same. Bash the crap out of the guy with what, on the street, would be considered a weapon. Well, now the NFL has had enough of the lawsuits and criticism from players and the media. Now the focus is on them. They're gonna have to change, or, when the games start to count again, maybe cost their team a win.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Maybe the NFL should play tag football.:abgg2q.jpg:

It comes down to technique

Many were taught to stick him with your helmet. Now, they will either learn a safer technique or be out of the league

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Typical Neanderthal response.

Are you trying to be on both sides of this issue?

I remember the 60s when the clothesline tackle was the norm as well as hammering your fist against the side of the helmet

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

No I mean it , tag football it is then, not even sure what a legal tackle is anymore!!
Scroll down for more videos:
Illegal Block Above the Waist | NFL Football Operations

What do you care? I thought ya’ll were boycotting the NFL?

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

considering some of us were elated he got elected since the alternative was the wicked witch of the west for the other choice,a mass murderer,dont think i will if you dont mind.

anyways as far as the op goes,the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE has now gotten to where they not only have put skirts on quarterbacks now,they are doing it with wide receivers now as well the fact you cant even touch them anymore. the raiders.rams game showed what a joke the NFL has become. One of the Raiders players was given a 15 yard penalty NOT FOR a helmet to helmet hit,but just because his shoulder pad merely hit the players helmet.

Is strahan going to try and tell us that a shoulder pad to a helmet is going to cause a concussion now?:rolleyes:

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

No I mean it , tag football it is then, not even sure what a legal tackle is anymore!!
Scroll down for more videos:
Illegal Block Above the Waist | NFL Football Operations

when you cant even ACCIDENTLY hit someone in the helmet with your shoulder pad,then it is indeed time for the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE to go to flag football.

What do you care? I thought ya’ll were boycotting the NFL?

I myself pretty much have gotten to where the Rams are the ONLY team I will watch now and thats ONLY because as you know,i have waited a good portion of my life to see them come back to LA.

It WAS suppose to be a dream come true for me but the NFL has become so much more corrupt now which it was not BEFORE the Rams left LA back then in the mid 90's,that because of that,I only watch about a handful of Rams games now instead of never missing a game like i visioned. Back before the Rams left LA,the game was not corrupt as it is now.

WHY anybody would support this criminal organization the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE where teams moving from one city to another constantly is beyond me:rolleyes:.It has gotten so rediculous to where you not only dont know what team your favorite player will be playing in next year,but what city your favorite team will play in next year as well with the chargers in LA now and the raiders going to vegas.:rolleyes:

that bullshit of teams constantly moving all the time was supposed to have ended back in the mid 90's,now that BS has started all over again and the sad thing is they were suppose to have adopted NFL relocation rules after the mid 90's when all that happened,to keep teams from constantly moving all the time. they adapted rules which were not even followed by the Raiders or chargers.

The Rams relocation was the only one that was justified because not only is LA where they belong but ALSO they fit the criteria for moving where the Raiders and chargers did not like if you have great fan support as the raiders and chargers did,then you cant move,WHY adopt NFL relocation rules if they are not going to be followed?:rolleyes:

that is WHY i fail to understand why you would conntiune to support this criminal organization when they dont even follow the rules that they laid out to prevent relocation.:rolleyes:

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

considering some of us were elated he got elected since the alternative was the wicked witch of the west for the other choice,a mass murderer,dont think i will if you dont mind.

anyways as far as the op goes,the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE has now gotten to where they not only have put skirts on quarterbacks now,they are doing it with wide receivers now as well the fact you cant even touch them anymore. the raiders.rams game showed what a joke the NFL has become. One of the Raiders players was given a 15 yard penalty NOT FOR a helmet to helmet hit,but just because his shoulder pad merely hit the players helmet.

Is strahan going to try and tell us that a shoulder pad to a helmet is going to cause a concussion now?:rolleyes:

Are you going to try to claim that a shoulder pad to the helmet cannot cause a concussion? Concussions aren't caused only by helmet to helmet contact. :p

I don't know what particular play you are referencing, so I have no idea about whether it was a good call or not.

No it's not.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Are you going to try to claim that a shoulder pad to the helmet cannot cause a concussion? Concussions aren't caused only by helmet to helmet contact. :p

I don't know what particular play you are referencing, so I have no idea about whether it was a good call or not.

It was the Rams/Raiders game. The Raider player ACCIDENTLY hit his shoulder pad against the Rams player.As a Rams fan,i did not even like the call even though it helped me team cause the call was BS. when a player is given a 15 yard penalty for accidently hitting him in the helmet with the shoulder pad of all things,then the sport is ready for flag football,he just barely grazed him.

Forum List

Back