NFL officials meet with Deshawn Watson this week

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

How long will he be banned from playing next season. I predict up to half the season. So, will Baker stick around and play until Deshawn is on the field?

How long will he be banned from playing next season. I predict up to half the season. So, will Baker stick around and play until Deshawn is on the field?

He was first accused over one year ago still no trials as of yet what is taking so long?

The outcome could be interesting. If the Browns did let him go, he could be a decent fit on the Seahawks to replace Russel Wilson, however, the Browns still owe 18.8 million that is guaranteed to Mayfield, on top of the guaranteed money for Watson . If a team can be found that will make Mayfield a competitive offer, plus incorporate what the Browns owe him into the contract, I would bet on him being gone before training camp starts in June.

Last edited:
The outcome could be interesting. If the Browns did let him go, he could be a decent fit on the Seahawks to replace Russel Wilson, however, the Browns still owe 18.8 million that is guaranteed to Mayfield, on top of the guaranteed money for Watson . If a team can be found that will make Mayfield a competitive offer, plus incorporate what the Browns owe him into the contract, I would bet on him being gone before training camp starts in June.
My honest opinion....Baker is Cooked. He is needs to be happy with a backup roll with some team, any team.

My honest opinion....Baker is Cooked. He is needs to be happy with a backup roll with some team, any team.
Yes, many feel that way, for some good reasons. I don't think that he will ever be an elite QB...but then again stranger things have happened in the NFL

Yes, many feel that way, for some good reasons. I don't think that he will ever be an elite QB...but then again stranger things have happened in the NFL
When he first came out of college, he had a great arm and he had the ability to scramble. He reminded me a little of Fran Tarkenton...(Google him) But after the injury, he seemed to be pushing everything and making ill advised throws. He should sign as a backup and hope he gets another chance to start.

When he first came out of college, he had a great arm and he had the ability to scramble. He reminded me a little of Fran Tarkenton...(Google him) But after the injury, he seemed to be pushing everything and making ill advised throws. He should sign as a backup and hope he gets another chance to start.

You're right, he was reminiscent of "Frantic Fran", who I remember watching quite well. He may be able to reinvent himself as a back up if he can rebuild his confidence.

You're right, he was reminiscent of "Frantic Fran", who I remember watching quite well. He may be able to reinvent himself as a back up if he can rebuild his confidence.
If he can regain his accuracy and make better decisions, he could be a starter one day. It has happened in the past. Look at what Nick Foles did in Philly when Wentz went down. He won a frigin Super Bowl.

Look at what Kurt Warner did in St Louis when Trent Green went down. He also won a frigin Super Bowl.

It happens. The talent is there, it is a matter of the right time in the right situation.

If he can regain his accuracy and make better decisions, he could be a starter one day. It has happened in the past. Look at what Nick Foles did in Philly when Wentz went down. He won a frigin Super Bowl.

Look at what Kurt Warner did in St Louis when Trent Green went down. He also won a frigin Super Bowl.

It happens. The talent is there, it is a matter of the right time in the right situation.
Exactly!

Forum List

Back