Next 2 Years Will Be Obama's Best 2 Years

Your Poll is over a year old and deals only with his declining popularity in his handling of world affairs, Needless to say, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine and ISIS have come about since then.

Regardless, even at the time of the poll, Obama's numbers had slipped very significantly since. Regardless, the most important poll was taken about 2 weeks ago.

Btw, the last time I watched Fox was Married wit Children. Fox News did not exist when I last lived in the States.

Voters approved background checks, raising the wage and legalizing pot

Gun control, marijuana and minimum wage proponents scored big victories across the country on Tuesday night. In Washington state, voters approved a measure to expand background checks when purchasing guns from private dealers or at gun shows. Two states and the District of Columbia voted to legalize recreational marijuana use, and Alaska, Arkansas, South Dakota and Nebraska passed minimum wage increases.

<snip>

The MSM/rightwing news is pushing the idea that progressive policy lost and Republican policy won in the midterm election, but I beg to differ. Obama issued Executive Order 13658 and what happened - four Republican states voted to support Obama's call for an increase in the minimum wage and-----and one state passed an advisory to the legislature by a vote of 68%-32% in favor of raising the minimum wage.
Not only that but gun control won on the one ballot it was on.
And-----and not only that but two states and DC legalized marijuana and Florida voters lost in Florida because they only got 58% of the vote.
The point is the MSM went after, dissed, the President and Democrats at the cost of not having enough time or wherewithal to diss progressive policies. The result is progressive policies won, even in Republican states - the challenge for Republicans is, will they now use their majorities in the House and Senate to pass the legislation the voters told them we want? And-----and if they don't, what will, and how big will the penalty be that Republicans have to pay in 2016.
It's time for government haters to govern - LOL.

Final Rule: Executive Order 13658, Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors

On February 12, 2014, President Obama signed Executive Order 13658, “Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors,” to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for workers on Federal construction and service contracts.
<snip>
There is no such thing as a legal "private dealer".

If a person is engaging in the firearms business(not just selling or trading a few personal guns) and does not have an FFL, he is a FELON!!!!!

BATF does catch those dodging the law, and in LA at least, the feds send them to the pen when they catch them.

Sadly, you may be right. He may not be able to fuck up as much as the previous 6.

Yeah, it would be pretty bad if he just keeps on fighting the pubs. All Obama has done is create jobs, fight for the middle class, give tax breaks to the working class, fight for equal pay for equal work and other issues of equality, give us our first chance at universal health care, economic recovery and a hell of a lot more the Repubs hate.
i was working class.....and yes the man cut my taxes.....it lasted about 2 months and then the State of California raised theirs.....there went that 50 bucks....

Annnnd because of California's Reclaiming California’s Future (Prop 30) passed and balanced California's budget, President Obama is a shitty leader? -giggle-

That's just
132px-Goofy-07.gif

oops!
No, Obama's just a shitty leader. From international accolades to international derision in 6 long years.

As is the case with so many rightwingers/Republicans, you know what know because - um - you know it, but-----but if you had taken the about one minute it takes to find the below poll, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself by saying "No, Obama's just a shitty leader. From international accolades to international derision in 6 long years." but it's not to late to admit your mistake.
You seem to be Fox duped, I suggest you occasionally change the channel.

POLL: Obama Still Most Popular World Leader

<snip>

Both abroad and at home, Obama’s popularity seems much higher when compared to other politicians. The Real Clear Politics average of polls shows his approval at 44 percent and disapproval at nearly 51 percent. Congress, however, has a 15.5 percent approval rating and 76 percent disapproval rating.

Much of Obama’s popularity can be credited to the fact that he’s not George W. Bush. Kohut called the gap between the current and former president as “yawning.”

This comparison remains President Obama’s greatest advantage.

Declining popularity, go figure. He hit his highest point 5 years ago, he is in decline for five years, just as in this country. Thanks for verifying my opinion.

You got to hang on to whatever hope you have after the ass whipping the Dems suffered during the election.

Yes, for what he calls America's best, the rest of us call it the worst. :thup: Let Obama play all the games he wants, for revenge, and let him own all the vetoes of bills placed on the historic desk where he puts his feet upon, and watch the voters all turn RED in `16.

His legacy will be an embarrassment and humiliation for America, for all time.

What if W was president would you want this to happen?

No he wouldn't. He's a devoted Obot sheep who is asking for a dictator to run his life and country. That is some sad stuff

And yet-----and yet President Obama remains the most popular/admired politician in the world and-----and that, as the article points out, is in contrast to his very-very unpopular predecessor. But g'head prove me wrong if you think you can, but-----but as you know, nobody gives a rat's patootie about your whiny-assed, emotion driven opinions, they aren't proof, seldom factual or informative but hey - knock yourself out trying.

George 43 averaged 36.38 EO's per year but-----but 43 was a piker compared to
Republican saint Reagan who averaged 47.63 EO's per year.
But just to be fair, William Henry Harrison is the only POTUS to issue Ø EO's

No he wouldn't. He's a devoted Obot sheep who is asking for a dictator to run his life and country. That is some sad stuff

And yet-----and yet President Obama remains the most popular/admired politician in the world and-----and that, as the article points out, is in contrast to his very-very unpopular predecessor. But g'head prove me wrong if you think you can, but-----but as you know, nobody gives a rat's patootie about your whiny-assed, emotion driven opinions, they aren't proof, seldom factual or informative but hey - knock yourself out trying.

You really are out in the Obambam twilight zone. Just let him try and run over WE THE PEOPLE after he just got voted out of power from the House and Senate.
You sit back and watch if the people will STAND FOR IT.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Lets see...

So far we have an Executive Order on Immigration
An agreement with China on global warming
Continued success of Obamacare

Not bad since Republicans swept into power. What will Republicans have to show for the next two years? More Govt shutdowns? More useless kill Obamacare bills?

Not sure what his popularity in the world has to do with his poor ratings in the USA. How does that help him in the next two years?

Not sure what his popularity in the world has to do with his poor ratings in the USA. How does that help him in the next two years?

Ole starryeyes, is an expert on all the world now. Good luck trying to get an answer to your question. should be a Doozie

It's not the amount of executive orders it's the content that should be questioned.

Lets see...

Not bad since Republicans swept into power. What will Republicans have to show for the next two years? More Govt shutdowns? More useless kill Obamacare bills?
What you are saying is that if obama uses an executive order to change immigration laws it will be unconstitutional?
“If we start broadening that, then essentially, I’ll be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally,” Mr. Obama told Jose Diaz-Balart in the interview. “So that’s not an option.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...bama-would-reverse-long-held-stance.html?_r=0

Lets see...

Actually, I strongly believe that the next two years will, in fact, be Obama's finest years. Constrained by a Republican congress, his executive orders restricted by legality, he will be forced to focus on only two things .... trying to keep some semblance of Obamacare intact, and his golf game.

The man is finished .... if he doesn't work with the Congress, we won't have a Democrat president for 12 years.

Lets see...

What you are saying is that if obama uses an executive order to change immigration laws it will be unconstitutional?
“If we start broadening that, then essentially, I’ll be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally,” Mr. Obama told Jose Diaz-Balart in the interview. “So that’s not an option.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...bama-would-reverse-long-held-stance.html?_r=0
Have you always had such difficulty interpreting the written word?
Lets see...

Actually, I strongly believe that the next two years will, in fact, be Obama's finest years. Constrained by a Republican congress, his executive orders restricted by legality, he will be forced to focus on only two things .... trying to keep some semblance of Obamacare intact, and his golf game.

The man is finished .... if he doesn't work with the Congress, we won't have a Democrat president for 12 years.

You have obviously missed out on the distribution of the electoral college

Lets see...

Lets see...

Maybe you didn't comprehend what he said.
executive orders to change laws is not an options
Do you understand this was what obama said?

Lets see...

Lets see...

Maybe you didn't comprehend what he said.
executive orders to change laws is not an options
Do you understand this was what obama said?
He has repeatedly stated he will operate within the law

Why would you have a problem with that?

Sadly, you may be right. He may not be able to fuck up as much as the previous 6.

Yeah, it would be pretty bad if he just keeps on fighting the pubs. All Obama has done is create jobs, fight for the middle class, give tax breaks to the working class, fight for equal pay for equal work and other issues of equality, give us our first chance at universal health care, economic recovery and a hell of a lot more the Repubs hate.
i was working class.....and yes the man cut my taxes.....it lasted about 2 months and then the State of California raised theirs.....there went that 50 bucks....

Annnnd because of California's Reclaiming California’s Future (Prop 30) passed and balanced California's budget, President Obama is a shitty leader? -giggle-

That's just
132px-Goofy-07.gif

oops!
how did you associate what i said about the tax break with Obama being a shitty leader?....

The only thing he's done is pander to certain groups. Apparently, you're in one of them.

People could have had healthcare with Obamacare. All you had to do if you knew someone that didn't have coverage was buy it for them. Both of us know you wouldn't have done that because it would mean you'd have to actually do what you say needs to be done instead of supporting the rest of us do it your way.

I guess you call record numbers on social welfare programs as a recovery.

Interesting you say he fought for equal pay for equal work. He claims he supports it but doesn't practice it. What a lying piece of shit.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/08/u...ages-his-own-payroll-draws-scrutiny.html?_r=0

And people like you are going to support the piece of shit going around Congress because Congress won't do it his way. Typical of a poor leader and the little whiny kid that says if you don't play my way I'll take my ball and go home. See what happens when people vote based on race/color instead of qualifications.
Welcome to real life

If Congress refuses to function, there is no reason the president should

Forum List

Back