Newt hammers CNN about acting like a tabloid outlet

Gingrich Outraged at Debate Host For Asking About Ex-Wife's Claim That He Wanted an "Open Marriage" - YouTube

Completely personal bullshit that has nothing to do with politics. I bet CNN takes a hit in the ratings after this.

Were in the middle of a war. Our economy is very frail. Iran is rattling their swords. UE is through the roof. Our debt is crushing us.

And the first fucking question is tabloid style sex crap.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoChp9FUmZo]Newt Gingrich lies about Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

GO NEWT!​

He represents the very Best that the GOP can offer! :lol::lol::lol:

If I'm supposed to be bothered that the best the GOP can offer is a sometimes-erratic genius who had a wandering dick 15 years ago, rather than a hick with a wandering dick RIGHT NOW, or an arrogant Marxist dumbass who pals around with terrorists, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Another reason why I like Santorum...

In all honesty I like a bit of each of them. Paul worries me on foreign policy. Mitt on social policy. Newt on expensive ideas and santorum on being to polarizing to win against Obama.

Gingrich Outraged at Debate Host For Asking About Ex-Wife's Claim That He Wanted an "Open Marriage" - YouTube

Completely personal bullshit that has nothing to do with politics. I bet CNN takes a hit in the ratings after this.

Were in the middle of a war. Our economy is very frail. Iran is rattling their swords. UE is through the roof. Our debt is crushing us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoChp9FUmZo]Newt Gingrich lies about Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

Every politician lies about and exploits positions of their competitors.

Nothing new about that. Par for the course for high level politics.

True. The tough part was that it was the opening salvo. It sort of caught him off guard. It was a cheap shot, the way it was done.

Nah. Newt had a day to prepare for that question. It was a telegraphed softball.

I think it is a legitimate concern. Newt's morals, or lack thereof, should be very much at the forefront. If he were to become President, how easy could he be blackmailed to keep past sexual exploits out of the media? He would have the resources of the United States at his disposal. That is very scary!

Oh, really? First of all, please tell me what his marital relations, now OR in the past, have to do with his ability to do the job. Second, please tell me how much outrage you had about Bill Clinton, who was carrying on an affair AT THE TIME HE RAN FOR OFFICE AND WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE. Third, please tell me how you can blackmail someone over something THEY'VE ALREADY ADMITTED. As far as I can tell, Newt doesn't make a whole lot of effort to deny and obfuscate once someone finds him out.

What's scary is that lunatic hypocrites like you actually get to vote just like sane people.

I disagree. The presidency is largely about character. Newt is now paying the price for past indecencies. There are and should be consequences for your actions. Is that not what you guys say when you execute people..."they are being held accountable." Now Newt is being held accountable.

Another example. Lets say you're a salesman and you spend all day posting on a message board. When you get a piss-poor commission check at the end of the month, don't blame anyone but yourself.

Newt hammers CNN about acting like a tabloid outlet

Because Newt lives his sex life like a tabloid star. If it was fair to go after Clinton and Weiner, it's fair to go after Newt, Vitter and anybody else.

Do you understand the difference between "now" and "fifteen years ago"?

Not to mention Clinton was ON THE JOB WITH A YOUNG INTERN AND LIED. And Weiner posted his own stupidity for all to see.

Newt wants to blame the press! I suppose it was journalists who forced him to make lousy decisions where is many marriages were concerned.

The rabid Right hates HATES the press. So, a ham handed slap at the press is red meat to the unilluminated.

The big question (among MANY questions about Newt is: should he get the nomination and even win in November, how will those on the Right who have rallied to support this serial adulterer act when the scandals start up?

A Gingerich Administration would be one of the most scandal plagued administrations since Nixon (he might even exceed Nixon). How on earth will all these Right Wingers react with all that egg on their faces? Deny the existence of eggs? Deny that adultery is a sin? Deny that they even supported Newt way back in 2012? Blame the biased Liberal Media boogey man?

My bet is a combination of all of the above.

Newt wants to blame the press! I suppose it was journalists who forced him to make lousy decisions where is many marriages were concerned.

The rabid Right hates HATES the press. So, a ham handed slap at the press is red meat to the unilluminated.

The big question (among MANY questions about Newt is: should he get the nomination and even win in November, how will those on the Right who have rallied to support this serial adulterer act when the scandals start up?

A Gingerich Administration would be one of the most scandal plagued administrations since Nixon (he might even exceed Nixon). How on earth will all these Right Wingers react with all that egg on their faces? Deny the existence of eggs? Deny that adultery is a sin? Deny that they even supported Newt way back in 2012? Blame the biased Liberal Media boogey man?

My bet is you realize what a terrible president Obama is. Otherwise why would you be considering the possibility that Newt (with all his baggage) may become president.

Telling

Because Newt lives his sex life like a tabloid star. If it was fair to go after Clinton and Weiner, it's fair to go after Newt, Vitter and anybody else.

SO, it was fair 15 years ago, but not now? :lol::lol::lol: Man, you people are funny

You are presuming she isn't lying. From all the sources I've heard she was a hateful demanding person when they were married. If that's also possibly true then do you blame Newt? Who wants to live with a hateful person?

You guys are so quick to judge what you don't even have all the facts on.

I disagree. The presidency is largely about character. Newt is now paying the price for past indecencies. There are and should be consequences for your actions. Is that not what you guys say when you execute people..."they are being held accountable." Now Newt is being held accountable.

Another example. Lets say you're a salesman and you spend all day posting on a message board. When you get a piss-poor commission check at the end of the month, don't blame anyone but yourself.

The next person who sanctimoniously intones, "Character matters" at me is going to get bitchslapped. I'm sick and fucking tired of this simplistic, mindless mantra that's being used to replace real thought.

Let me advance a radical notion at you folks (radical in that it requires thinking and common sense): not all aspects of character matter in all instances.

If I'm drowning, and a guy on the shore throws me a life preserver, I'm not going to interview him as to his marital relations and then throw back the life preserver because he "doesn't have enough character" to be allowed to rescue me. At that point in time, how much of a bastard he is in the rest of his life is utterly irrelevant. The only aspect of his character that matters to me is that he had the decency to throw me a fucking life preserver.

Well, guess what, Sparkles? Our nation is going down for the third time here. We're not looking for a date, and we're not electing the deacon of our church. We're looking for the guy with the life preserver. The only character aspect of Newt Gingrich that I give a shit about is whether or not he keeps his campaign promises, and that's about the only accusation I've never heard leveled at him.

How good someone is or isn't at marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with their ability to perform a job, and guess what? The Presidency is NOT "all about character", at least not marital character. Do you honestly think Presidents with mistresses just cropped up for the first time in the twentieth century with the advent of JFK and Marilyn Monroe? Really? Don't be so frigging naive. The only difference is that NOW we live in a nation of voyeurs who think political leaders are celebrities, and that we need to know the details of their personal lives. As long as they're not breaking the law or supporting their mistresses on taxpayer money, the only way I could care less is if someone invented new technology to make it possible.

In actual fact, as I look back through history, it seems like some of the most effective leaders and politicians have been bastards to some extent or other. Super-nice guys seem to be pathetic and wholly ineffectual. Can you say, "Jimmy Carter"?

Bring on the mistresses. Hell, keep 'em in the residence wing for all I care. Just save my country from oblivion, and we'll call it square.

Every politician lies about and exploits positions of their competitors.

Nothing new about that. Par for the course for high level politics.

That's why I was laughing at Newt for his hypocritical indignation over a question.

Not to mention Clinton was ON THE JOB WITH A YOUNG INTERN AND LIED. And Weiner posted his own stupidity for all to see.

Admittedly, I would have preferred if he'd found a more adult woman who was not actually employed by the White House. But my concern about Clinton began and ended with the breaking of the law. It's not like we didn't all know he was an indiscreet horndog with lousy taste in women.

As for Weiner, last time I checked, "sexting" is illegal.

SO, it was fair 15 years ago, but not now? :lol::lol::lol: Man, you people are funny

Jesus Christ, could you be any more ignorant without elective surgery?

It was relevant - marginally - fifteen years ago. It's nothing at all now, fifteen years later. I don't give a good goddamn what anyone was doing in their personal lives fifteen years ago. I don't much care what they do in their personal lives NOW.

Learn to understand English, or don't fucking bother me. I have neither the time nor the inclination to diagram sentences for your stupid ass.

My bet is you realize what a terrible president Obama is. Otherwise why would you be considering the possibility that Newt (with all his baggage) may become president.

Telling
Just a bit outside!

I'm incredulous why a constituency CLAIMING to be for American Family Values and decency could rush to support someone who has utterly failed to demonstrate ANY family values by committing adultery on a serial basis? Hypocrisy? Willful ignorance? Blind partisanship?

Any Red State Tea Bagger wants to tell any American she can't marry the woman she loves because it's a sin after voting for Gingrich has lost any moral high ground. Prepare to argue Family Values without a platform of morality from which to pontificate.

You are presuming she isn't lying. From all the sources I've heard she was a hateful demanding person when they were married. If that's also possibly true then do you blame Newt? Who wants to live with a hateful person?

You guys are so quick to judge what you don't even have all the facts on.

I'm thinking the operative point is that IT WAS FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, and has nothing whatsoever to do with now. It frankly didn't have much to do with THEN, to be honest.

Admittedly, I would have preferred if he'd found a more adult woman who was not actually employed by the White House. But my concern about Clinton began and ended with the breaking of the law. It's not like we didn't all know he was an indiscreet horndog with lousy taste in women.

As for Weiner, last time I checked, "sexting" is illegal.

My problem wasn't the lie. I understand the reason for it. It doesn't excuse it but I really don't care. Just like I think congress going after ball players for lying is stupid.

My problem with Clintons actions was his use of power to persuade a young naive woman into a sexual situation. That to me is far worse than any white lie.

Telling
Just a bit outside!

I'm incredulous why a constituency CLAIMING to be for American Family Values and decency could rush to support someone who has utterly failed to demonstrate ANY family values by committing adultery on a serial basis? Hypocrisy? Willful ignorance? Blind partisanship?

Any Red State Tea Bagger wants to tell any American she can't marry the woman she loves because it's a sin after voting for Gingrich has lost any moral high ground. Prepare to argue Family Values without a platform of morality from which to pontificate.

I can support him because I simply don't care. I want a leader who can fix our country and I don't care who he boinked 15 years ago. It has 0 impact on the issues that matter. He is being elected to the presidency not the Vatican.

Telling
Just a bit outside!

I'm incredulous that a constituency CLAIMING no values at all is suddenly declaring itself the moral arbiters for the rest of us, and somehow imagining that anyone respects them enough to care what they think.

When I need you to define values for me that you don't profess yourself, Jack, I'll ask.

Forum List

Back