NEWS FLASH TO CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS: Someone else not celebrating Christmas isn't an attack on your religious rights!!!

I think we should use this verse from Jesus to people complaining about christmas.

Matthew 6:1

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Also Matthew 6:5

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

I think verses Matthew 6:1 and Matthew 6:5 are basically saying don't push your religion unto other people, follow Christ by silently following him,but not telling other people or letting other people know you're a Christian.

Great quote.. a reminder that one's pissant self righteousness won't save them.

The "crazy lady" has been fed bullshit for the past 20 or so years by reactionary right wingers that Christmas is under attack...

If you pump faux outrage bullshit into the heads of your rube following, don't act shocked when "crazy old ladies" do what she did
No, Biff Loman, she's just a crazy old lady, assuming she even exists.

Forum List

Back