Newbie reporting in

I was referring to you...you come here, a newbie, and immediately start insulting long time members...

read the thread. I introduced myself and was attacked. If you don't see it, I'd be happy to point out the post which did it. I started by saying who I am and then someone whom I have never met suddenly writes a diatribe imputing motives and attacking me because of my self definition as a Zionist. If that kind of response is OK with you and the norm on this board then so be it. But I will not stay silent when someone comes and attacks me. Again, if you'd like me to cut and paste the post I will but I'd like to think that you can scroll back and read it for yourself. Hint. It was post 7.

don't take it personally. if someone had come on and introduced themselves as an ardent KKK member or ardent neo Nazi skinhead, i would impute motives from that self description also and make similarly worded comments.

i think the time has long past for engaging zionists in pleasantries. you cannot be a zionist today without being rightfully seen as supporting apartheid, war crimes, and ethnic cleansing/genocide.

I shouldn't take the accusations and claims in post 7 personally even though they are aimed at me. Um...right. Meanwhile, you don't engage in pleasantries with people whom you don't know because you have decided that, due to their identification with a group, they deserve to be judged and berated. I can see how that will increase peace in the world. I guess I see things differently. If someone were to come on saying he was an ardent neo Nazi I simply wouldn't have anything to say to him until he made a comment which, on its own merit called for a specific response. Maybe in the meanwhile I would find that I don't fully understand who he is, or what he believes simply because of a title or an affiliation, and maybe I'd find that I have other areas which might be more in common. But that's just me. You keep doing whatever gives your life meaning.

Last edited:
read the thread. I introduced myself and was attacked. If you don't see it, I'd be happy to point out the post which did it. I started by saying who I am and then someone whom I have never met suddenly writes a diatribe imputing motives and attacking me because of my self definition as a Zionist. If that kind of response is OK with you and the norm on this board then so be it. But I will not stay silent when someone comes and attacks me. Again, if you'd like me to cut and paste the post I will but I'd like to think that you can scroll back and read it for yourself. Hint. It was post 7.

don't take it personally. if someone had come on and introduced themselves as an ardent KKK member or ardent neo Nazi skinhead, i would impute motives from that self description also and make similarly worded comments.

i think the time has long past for engaging zionists in pleasantries. you cannot be a zionist today without being rightfully seen as supporting apartheid, war crimes, and ethnic cleansing/genocide.

I shouldn't take the accusations and claims in post 7 personally even though they are aimed at me. Um...right. Meanwhile, you don't engage in pleasantries with people whom you don't know because you have decided that, due to their identification with a group, they deserve to be judged and berated. I can see how that will increase peace in the world. I guess I see things differently. If someone were to come on saying he was an ardent neo Nazi I simply wouldn't have anything to say to him until he made a comment which, on its own merit called for a specific response. Maybe in the meanwhile I would find that I don't fully understand who he is, or what he believes simply because of a title or an affiliation, and maybe I'd find that I have other areas which might be more in common. But that's just me. You keep doing whatever gives your life meaning.

the comments were aimed at ardent zionism. if you want to take it personally, go ahead. i am sure you are a wonderul guy, well, other than supporting war crimes and ethnic cleansing.

and yes. i do think that if someone identifies with a group, and particularly using that adjective, they deserve to be shunned, ostracised and berated.

yes, of course you would exchange pleasantries and pass the time of day with someone who identifies as an ardent neo-NAZI white supremacist as long as he wanted to talk about the price of tea in china and rose bushs and didn't broach the subject of racial purity and how blacks, jews, asians, etc should be wiped off the face of the earth. enjoy your commonalities. i am sure you have similar means and only vary slightly on the ends.

and you, don't keep doing what gives your life meaning. supporting war crimes and genocide needs to be stopped, so stop. please.

the comments were aimed at ardent zionism. if you want to take it personally, go ahead. i am sure you are a wonderul guy, well, other than supporting war crimes and ethnic cleansing.

and yes. i do think that if someone identifies with a group, and particularly using that adjective, they deserve to be shunned, ostracised and berated.

yes, of course you would exchange pleasantries and pass the time of day with someone who identifies as an ardent neo-NAZI white supremacist as long as he wanted to talk about the price of tea in china and rose bushs and didn't broach the subject of racial purity and how blacks, jews, asians, etc should be wiped off the face of the earth. enjoy your commonalities. i am sure you have similar means and only vary slightly on the ends.

and you, don't keep doing what gives your life meaning. supporting war crimes and genocide needs to be stopped, so stop. please.
I'm sure that if I were to come on and take whatever group you affiliated yourself with and then impute motives to you and make accusations based on my particular biased view of that group, and insult you for your membership, you might want to take it seriously. Unless, of course, you don't feel strongly about your group.

And if I got the characterization of the group wrong, if I was making the comments out of ignorance, or if I drew conclusions which were in error you might even feel like my position was one of weakness. So you keep on making baseless claims and speaking without knowing. All because you think you know what I mean when I say "zionist". Keep on projecting what you think you know onto other people then you won't ever have to learn anything new or entertain a thought which isn't part of your pre-existing schema. Good work.

I'm sure that if I were to come on and take whatever group you affiliated yourself with and then impute motives to you and make accusations based on my particular biased view of that group, and insult you for your membership, you might want to take it seriously. Unless, of course, you don't feel strongly about your group.

And if I got the characterization of the group wrong, if I was making the comments out of ignorance, or if I drew conclusions which were in error you might even feel like my position was one of weakness. So you keep on making baseless claims and speaking without knowing. All because you think you know what I mean when I say "zionist". Keep on projecting what you think you know onto other people then you won't ever have to learn anything new or entertain a thought which isn't part of your pre-existing schema. Good work.

oh gee, sorry. i guess i'm just not the kind of person who would find something like a discussion about fine art with adolf hitler enjoyable; and i checked my hand and i have no marshal petain or neville chamberlain cards left to play.

i don't care to know what little nuances you put on "zionism" to make it attractive or pleasant. there ain't enough lipstick in the whole world you can slap on that pig to make it pretty. all i need to know is that you proudly proclaim you are an "ardent zionist" and that about says it all. (and before you said you are a father, no less...freudian priorities?)

what? you wanna discuss 242 and the officiaal languages in the UN? the legal definition of genocide according to international law? what? some people rob you with a six gun, and some with a fountain pen...but "ardent zionist"s use both, and use them very well.

Last edited:

oh gee, sorry. i guess i'm just not the kind of person who would find something like a discussion about fine art with adolf hitler enjoyable; and i checked my hand and i have no marshal petain or neville chamberlain cards left to play.

i don't care to know what little nuances you put on "zionism" to make it attractive or pleasant. there ain't enough lipstick in the whole world you can slap on that pig to make it pretty. all i need to know is that you proudly proclaim you are an "ardent zionist" and that about says it all. (and before you said you are a father, no less...freudian priorities?)

what? you wanna discuss 242 and the officiaal languages in the UN? the legal definition of genocide according to international law? what? some people rob you with a six gun, and some with a fountain pen...but "ardent zionist"s use both, and use them very well.

oh, I see. You don't know the specifics but they don't matter. Your assessment of the group as a whole tells you all you need to know. And you wouldn't want to discuss anything with me because you'd fall back on "it doesn't matter, all you zionists..." and I'd point out the logical flaw in that approach. We'd get no where. You'll notice that I haven't posted anything in the Israel-Palestine section. I wonder why that is. Maybe it is because I don't see the value of those discussions on the internet. But you want to dismiss me on the thread in which I introduce myself because of who I am, then fine by me.

Just stopping by to say hi.

I found my way here and hope to be able to provide some sort of perspective different from those alrfeady here because, really, who needs to hear more of what you already know?

My abbreviated CV

Orthodox Jew (so I'm not around on Sabbath and holidays)
Northeast US
Ardent Zionist
Father
High School English teacher (not currently ini a public school but that's where I was trained).
43 Years old
I have spent the last 30 or so years telecomputing. From 300 baud modems and single user BBS's ro multi user dial in boards with international gateways through the days of mosaic and netscape till today. I have been answering questions on sites for 15 years (askme, answerway, askmehelpdesk etc) talking in chatrooms (Yahoo and paltalk among others) and hanging out on forums (CL most recently) and full sites, trying to clarify, explain, inform and even amuse.

I took a look through and saw lots of conversations in process. I'm not sure where best to jump in so unless anyone has any particular questions which play to my (self reported) expertise, I'll just lurk for a bit.

rosends

Now for the gauntlet you must pass;

What is the land airspeed velocity of an unladen european swallow?

I found my way here and hope to be able to provide some sort of perspective different from those alrfeady here because, really, who needs to hear more of what you already know?

My abbreviated CV

Northeast US
Ardent Zionist
Father
High School English teacher (not currently ini a public school but that's where I was trained).
43 Years old
I have spent the last 30 or so years telecomputing. From 300 baud modems and single user BBS's ro multi user dial in boards with international gateways through the days of mosaic and netscape till today. I have been answering questions on sites for 15 years (askme, answerway, askmehelpdesk etc) talking in chatrooms (Yahoo and paltalk among others) and hanging out on forums (CL most recently) and full sites, trying to clarify, explain, inform and even amuse.

I took a look through and saw lots of conversations in process. I'm not sure where best to jump in so unless anyone has any particular questions which play to my (self reported) expertise, I'll just lurk for a bit.

rosends

next you'll want my favorite color.

My abbreviated CV

Northeast US
Ardent Zionist
Father
43 Years old

rosends

next you'll want my favorite color.

Gauntlet passed!. Only one out of ten newbies get that on the first try. Congrats!

oh, I see. You don't know the specifics but they don't matter. Your assessment of the group as a whole tells you all you need to know. And you wouldn't want to discuss anything with me because you'd fall back on "it doesn't matter, all you zionists..." and I'd point out the logical flaw in that approach. We'd get no where. You'll notice that I haven't posted anything in the Israel-Palestine section. I wonder why that is. Maybe it is because I don't see the value of those discussions on the internet. But you want to dismiss me on the thread in which I introduce myself because of who I am, then fine by me.

exactly what specifics about an "ardent zionist" need i know? i don't need to know the specifics of a neo-Nai or a KKK grand wizard to know they are racist bigots.

one specific, though, is you seem to be fond of putting words in my mouth.

another specific is that you have the arrogant and condescending manner of an ardent zionist.

you also appear to be subtly deceptive. you come here, right off the bat proclaim your ardent zionism, and then feign offense when people react. it would seem to me that had you a wee bit of wisdom and a modicum of intelligence, you would leave out such superfluous information, particularly when you state that you "don't see the value of those discussions on the internet."

as for me dismissing you for who you are, that is not so at all. i disdain and have nothing but scorn for you, not for who you are, but instead for what you believe. you have taken a political position that supports apartheid, war crimes, ethnic cleansing, acts of genocide and the abuse of human rights.

(your poor, poor, pitiful me avatar is noted. never have i seen such a tribute to whining.)

exactly what specifics about an "ardent zionist" need i know? i don't need to know the specifics of a neo-Nai or a KKK grand wizard to know they are racist bigots.
then surely you know that there are at least 4 different and discrete types of zionist some of which are mutually exclusive. do you know which one i am or do you hate all of them without knowing the details? what about the details of belief within each form of zionism. are you aware of each and know to what i subscribe? no, of course you don't. don't let that stop you.

one specific, though, is you seem to be fond of putting words in my mouth.
like what? what have i claimed you said that you haven't?

another specific is that you have the arrogant and condescending manner of an ardent zionist.
you have the arrogant and offensive manner of an anti-zionist. well, maybe not all anti-zionists but definitely of whatever sort you are.

you also appear to be subtly deceptive. you come here, right off the bat proclaim your ardent zionism, and then feign offense when people react. it would seem to me that had you a wee bit of wisdom and a modicum of intelligence, you would leave out such superfluous information, particularly when you state that you "don't see the value of those discussions on the internet."
actually i came on to an "introduce" yourself thread to introduce myself. and i am shocked to think that saying who i am elicits such a response even before exactly who i am and what effect that has on anyone else is fleshed out. you think it is deceptive to be surprised at such baseless hatred and vitriol? i guess i'm just used to a more rational group of people responding so your invective caught me off guard. and I'm not sure why on an introduce yourself board that is superfluous. who gives you the right to decide what is superfluous. are you some self-appointed gatekeeper who determines relevance? You know what discussions i find have relevance on the internet? maybe sharing information with people i agree with whom i don't argue with. how will they know me if i don't put out who i am.

thus, having failed logically to defend any of your positions, you must now come up with a totally new set of irrational and ridiculous statements. statements which i will then ignore as you provide nothing of value to my world -- not reasonable counterpoint, not even a thoughtful challenge. you are a non-entity. have fun with that. And, no doubt you will chalk it up to "isn't that just what a zionist would say", but since you clearly don't know what a zionist is other than whatever stupidity you dutifully cut and post in order to make yourself appear superior, your dismissal will be even more worthless. buh bye loser.
as for me dismissing you for who you are, that is not so at all. i disdain and have nothing but scorn for you, not for who you are, but instead for what you believe. you have taken a political position that supports apartheid, war crimes, ethnic cleansing, acts of genocide and the abuse of human rights.

(your poor, poor, pitiful me avatar is noted. never have i seen such a tribute to whining.)
so not only don't you know what i believe or what i stand for, but you also don't know what my avatar is or means. ok. so noted.

Forum List

Back