New Zealand family finds children's bodies in abandoned bags

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Chip your kids if you have to! It's a better option than this!

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A New Zealand family who bought some abandoned goods from a storage unit got home with their purchases to discover the bodies of two children hidden in two suitcases, police said Thursday.

The children were between 5 and 10 years old, had been dead for a number of years, and the suitcases had been in storage for at least three or four years, Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua said.

He said the investigation was in its early stages but would be rigorous. “This includes establishing where, when and how," Vaaelua told journalists in Auckland.

The family had purchased the personal and household items in an online auction and hauled them home last week. Vaaelua emphasized they had nothing to do with the deaths and had been understandably distressed by their discovery.

Police first set up a crime scene at the Auckland home last week and opened a homicide investigation, but had declined to go into the details of the case until Thursday.

Reminds me of a Norwegian novel I looked at that had that as a theme, only I think it was just one child.

Imagine opening that up to find that. Why would they drag two suitcases home which may contain nothing but old clothes or newspapers for all they knew, much less dead bodies of children? I would immediately open them up at the storage unit.

Forum List

Back