New Yorkers told to 'mask up for Labor Day' amid Covid variant superspread fears

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And yet out of the other sides of their mouths they are a sanctuary city and state, that sends the message out to the world that you are welcome to come here and spread whatever disease from whatever hell hole it is you're from.

New Yorkers have been told to mask up over Labor Day weekend amid fears a new Covid variant could lead to possible superspread.

Socializing will peak over the weekend as millions head to parties, parades and celebrations across the country. However it comes as variant EG.5, that first emerged late last year, has now spread to be the dominant form of Covid in the US, most likely leading to the Summer uptick in hospitalizations

Xiden was handed a way out of this Covid mess…all the tools needed, but totally screwed ir up, recorded the economy, record deaths from Covid and now here we are masking up again

What a failure

Xiden was handed a way out of this Covid mess…all the tools needed, but totally screwed ir up, recorded the economy, record deaths from Covid and now here we are masking up again

What a failure

He didn't want out of it. He wanted to use it to throw money out to Americans in order to addict them to government control.

Mr. Trump was a super spreader.
OhPleaseJustQuit

But there is one thing we do know: His infection was absolutely preventable.

Donald Trump’s 2020 Superspreader Campaign: A Diary​

From “COVID, COVID, COVID” is a fake to “Fire Fauci!”

Monday, October 26th​

The Monday morning of Donald Trump’s last full week as a Presidential candidate started, of course, with a tweet. “The Fake News media is riding COVID, COVID, COVID, all the way to the Election. Losers!” the forty-fifth President of the United States wrote, shortly before 9 a.m. In another tweet, he called the alarming new spike in cases across the country “a fake news media conspiracy.” It was a pretty good distillation of his closing message: COVID is fake; the media is fake. Don’t believe anything except what I tell you.

He didn't want out of it. He wanted to use it to throw money out to Americans in order to addict them to government control.
  • November 25, 2020

Donald Trump Is the Ultimate Super-Spreader​

Trump didn’t merely bungle this country’s pandemic response; he stoked the flames of this third and largest surge.​

Trump campaign rallies led to more than 30,000 coronavirus cases, Stanford researchers say​

Published Sat, Oct 31 2020

President Donald Trump’s campaign rallies led to more than 30,000 coronavirus cases, according to a new paper posted by researchers at Stanford.
Researchers looked at 18 Trump rallies held between June 20 and Sept. 22 and analyzed Covid-19 data the weeks following each event. They compared the counties where the events were held to other counties that had a similar trajectory of confirmed Covid-19 cases prior to the rally date. Out of the 18 rallies analyzed, only three were indoors, according to the research.

The researchers found that the rallies ultimately resulted in more than 30,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19. They also concluded that the rallies likely led to more than 700 deaths, though not necessarily among attendees.

I am starting to see people wearing masks in public again. Mostly old people and mostly blacks which is ironic since blacks were laggards first time around. Anyway, not sure if it is COVID fears of RSV/Flu fears. It does seem like a know a lot of people with cold and flu like symptoms in the last month.

If ypu want to mask up do it, heck wear four masked and a clear face shield if you think it will protect you. If you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t wear one. What no one should be doing is acting like a complete asshole and getting in the face of someone who makes a different choice.

BTW if you see me cutting grass wearing a mask, it has zero to do with Covid and is 100% to help cut down on the dust preventing some nasty snot rockets being shot out.

If ypu want to mask up do it, heck wear four masked and a clear face shield if you think it will protect you. If you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t wear one. What no one should be doing is acting like a complete asshole and getting in the face of someone who makes a different choice.

BTW if you see me cutting grass wearing a mask, it has zero to do with Covid and is 100% to help cut down on the dust preventing some nasty snot rockets being shot out.
The best thing about Covid was I got a few pull-over the head stretchy bandanna-type masks from Circle-K for $1`just for that.

The best thing about Covid was I got a few pull-over the head stretchy bandanna-type masks from Circle-K for $1`just for that.
I will admit I did enjoy shopping more during Covid. A lot less crotch goblins crying in the store or throwing tantrums for not getting a toy. All stores should have adults only hours so those of us who know how to raise our kids aren’t subjected to other poor parenting skills

Last edited:

Trump campaign rallies led to more than 30,000 coronavirus cases, Stanford researchers say​

Published Sat, Oct 31 2020

President Donald Trump’s campaign rallies led to more than 30,000 coronavirus cases, according to a new paper posted by researchers at Stanford.
Researchers looked at 18 Trump rallies held between June 20 and Sept. 22 and analyzed Covid-19 data the weeks following each event. They compared the counties where the events were held to other counties that had a similar trajectory of confirmed Covid-19 cases prior to the rally date. Out of the 18 rallies analyzed, only three were indoors, according to the research.

The researchers found that the rallies ultimately resulted in more than 30,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19. They also concluded that the rallies likely led to more than 700 deaths, though not necessarily among attendees.
:th_believecrap:

Y U no show the real paper, moron? I'm looking at it right now, and I bet you haven't read the 15 pages of it.

H4w H4W! :auiqs.jpg:

Link to the real thing or bite camel cock!

Last edited:
MTG figured out masks don't work. Why can't you liberals figure that out?
ty

Can face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?

Yes. When used with measures such as getting vaccinated, hand-washing and physical distancing, wearing a face mask slows how quickly the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing masks if you choose to, and in specific places and situations.

In areas that have many people with COVID-19 in the hospital, the CDC recommends wearing a face mask indoors in public.

The CDC says that you should wear the most protective mask that you'll wear regularly, fits well and is comfortable.

Respirators such as nonsurgical N95s give the most protection. KN95s and medical masks provide the next highest level of protection. Cloth masks provide less protection. The CDC says that surgical N95 masks should be reserved for health care professionals.

Masking suggestions are a bit different for people at higher risk of serious illness. This includes people with risk factors such as older age. It also includes people with weakened immune systems and those who live with or care for someone with these risk factors.

For people at high risk, the CDC suggests you wear a mask that provides you with the most protection possible. Wear a mask while in public indoor spaces when your area has a high number of people with COVID-19 in the hospital.

Check with your doctor to talk about when to wear a mask at other times.

How do the different types of masks work?​

Medical masks​

KN95 masks​

N95 masks​

Cloth masks​

How to get the most from your mask​

What about face shields?​

Do you still need to wear a face mask after you're vaccinated?​

Forum List

Back