New York to House 2,000 Migrants at Historic Floyd Bennett Airfield

I don't know when your family arrived but mine came here in the early 1900s when US laws were very different than they are today. My family would probably not have been allowed in under current quotas.
Mine came the same time. Did yours arrive legally, or did they sneak in and then demand Americans put them up in the Hilton?

Ironically for the MAGA crowd, the period when America became great, (late 19th - early 20th century) was a time of open borders and massive immigration
haha the borders weren't open...12 million plus were screened through Ellis Island alone.

Moreover, this isn't the 19th century, our country's population has increased drastically, we have little need for more people to become citizens. So, are policies and needs have changed.

They were screened for obvious illnesses, not for their age, ethnicity, race, religion, education, or wealth. Sounds pretty open to me.
what the F are you talking about? in the late 19th century we had immigration laws, that for example, put a 10 year ban on ANY Chinese from coming to the United States.....we also exclused "pauper" - i,e poor people

Look if you don't know something, don't just make things up...you look silly

Mine came the same time. Did yours arrive legally, or did they sneak in and then demand Americans put them up in the Hilton?
They didn't have to sneak in but they were fleeing for their lives so I bet they would have snuck in it they had to.

They didn't have to sneak in but they were fleeing for their lives so I bet they would have snuck in it they had to.
….and did they protest in front of the Hilton to have Americans pay for them? The types coming in from Mexico are a different type.

Also, HOW would they have snuck in? Jumped off the ship as it approached Lower Manhattan and swum in?

haha the borders weren't open...12 million plus were screened through Ellis Island alone.
Sounds to me like they were open pretty wide and no one asked why you wanted to enter.

Moreover, this isn't the 19th century, our country's population has increased drastically, we have little need for more people to become citizens. So, are policies and needs have changed.
China has three times as many people as we do and they are doing just fine now that they are communist in name only.l

Just one?
Trump was convicted of NOTHING, moron. The judgements were against his companies. Do you honestly think he handles the day to day in his companies? If you do, you are less intelligent than I had given you credit for.
My apologies, I thought it was your position that the magnitude means nothing:
Sorry that was your position when you chose to compare a traffic infraction to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, SMUGGLING, MURDER, RAPE AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING. Those are the 96%.

Sure they did. They also asked how you were planning to support yourself, so as not to become a burden to Americans.
Untrue. All able-bodied men were welcome.

You posted a good link, you should read it sometime. It said there was a "1882 prohibition against those “likely to become a public charge” (LPC). Immigration policy has since regularly maintained barriers against immigration by adults seen as lacking the means to support themselves. The ban against LPCs was most often applied to women traveling alone who were then debarred from entry".

Trump was convicted of NOTHING, moron. The judgements were against his companies. Do you honestly think he handles the day to day in his companies? If you do, you are less intelligent than I had given you credit for.
So you believe he headed up a family business that was involved in serious tax fraud but he had no idea? If that is true, Trump is less intelligent than I had given him credit for.

Sorry that was your position when you chose to compare a traffic infraction to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, SMUGGLING, MURDER, RAPE AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING. Those are the 96%.
So you don't believe criminals are criminals are criminals?

So you believe he headed up a family business that was involved in serious tax fraud but he had no idea? If that is true, Trump is less intelligent than I had given him credit for.

Do you think that Warren Buffett has his hands in the daily operation of all of his businesses? If you do, you are more stupid than I gave you credit for.

So you believe that when Joe was VP and his son was raking in tens of millions of dollars from Communist and corrupt countries, he had no idea?
So you don’t make a distinction between someone who comes to a rolling stop and a rapist or murderer?

Do you think that Warren Buffett has his hands in the daily operation of all of his businesses? If you do, you are more stupid than I gave you credit for.
This wasn't a waiter skimming tips at a hotel, this was his number two guy getting company perks under that table. If Trump didn't know he was a dupe and didn't know anything about his businesses. Which Trump did you vote for?

So you believe that when Joe was VP and his son was raking in tens of millions of dollars from Communist and corrupt countries, he had no idea?
I understand the whataboutism and trying to change the subject away from Trump. That seems to be the entire focus of the GOP nowadays. You're a good soldier. But to answer you diversion, no, I don't think Joe knew that Hunter was doing anything illegal.

So you don’t make a distinction between someone who comes to a rolling stop and a rapist or murderer?
I do but you'll have to take that up with Concerned American who wrote "criminals are criminals are criminals". Do you agree with Concerned American?

I understand the whataboutism and trying to change the subject away from Trump. That seems to be the entire focus of the GOP nowadays. You're a good soldier. But to answer you diversion, no, I don't think Joe knew that Hunter was doing anything illegal.
Libs cry “whataboutism” whenever their hypocrisy is revealed. The entire focus of the Dems these days is to make up bogus charges against Trump to deflect from the REAL criminal, sitting in the WH, and using aliases to help run the Biden Crime Family.

I do but you'll have to take that up with Concerned American who wrote "criminals are criminals are criminals". Do you agree with Concerned American?
I’m sure you’ve taken that out of context.

Libs cry “whataboutism” whenever their hypocrisy is revealed. The entire focus of the Dems these days is to make up bogus charges against Trump to deflect from the REAL criminal, sitting in the WH, and using aliases to help run the Biden Crime Family.
If everyone jumped off a cliff would you jump too?

I’m sure you’ve taken that out of context.
You want to believe that so that is your reality. You're welcome to review the posts and see the truth for yourself.

Why is that? You were initially so sure it was taken out of context, were you premature then or dodging now?
Because I don’t take assignments from you. You claimed he said something….it’s up to YOU to link to it. Not say he said it and then tell anyone who questions it to look through posts to find it.

Forum List

Back