New York Times bombshell story: The World’s Oceans Are in Danger, Major Climate Change Report Warns

The other night, I was watching a news story on coral reefs that are dying in the Florida Keys, one of the main ones affected was the staghorn coral.

Now, back in 1992, when I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats, we went on a 2 week detachment to Key West, and one of the main activities I did there was a lot of snorkeling and chasing lobsters. When I see what it is now, compared to what it was back in 1992, I can tell you that it has DRASTICALLY changed.

Same thing with the Great Barrier Reef. Yes, we need to pay attention to what is going on and figure out a way to stop it, or we won't be long for this planet.

You're saying that atmospheric CO2 is solely responsible for bleaching the coral reefs?

The other night, I was watching a news story on coral reefs that are dying in the Florida Keys, one of the main ones affected was the staghorn coral.

Now, back in 1992, when I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats, we went on a 2 week detachment to Key West, and one of the main activities I did there was a lot of snorkeling and chasing lobsters. When I see what it is now, compared to what it was back in 1992, I can tell you that it has DRASTICALLY changed.

Same thing with the Great Barrier Reef. Yes, we need to pay attention to what is going on and figure out a way to stop it, or we won't be long for this planet.

You're saying that atmospheric CO2 is solely responsible for bleaching the coral reefs?

No, that isn't what I said. I simply stated that since 1992, when I was snorkeling in the Keys, compared to what they showed the other night on the news, it's gotten a hell of a lot worse.

And, the "bleaching" as you call it isn't really bleaching. It's dead coral. It has turned white because there are no longer any living coral in it. And, the reason for the coral dying is a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones is that coral can only live in a very narrow temperature band. And, when the area around the coral heats up a couple of degrees, it kills the coral, resulting in the bleaching.

Now, while CO2 does do a lot to contribute to warming, it's not the only reason the coral are dying. There are other factors in it as well, but mainly it's because the water is warming up.

"i, for one, would prefer to continue to travel toward the equator for my warmer weather rather than run the risk of melting the polar ice and having some of the coastal areas disappear beneath a rising ocean."

this quote is from 1966.

the revolution in natural gas is finally going to set us free, my friends! free from our withering and costly addiction to foreign oil, free from the galling cupidity of prices at the gas pump, free from our long polluted romance with dirty coal.

natural gas right here at home is the future, my friends!

my friends, by converting just 10% of our vehicles to Compressed Natural Gas, we can lower our use of foreign oil by 50 billion dollars a year!

its the patriotic thing to do my friends, natural gas would help america gain energy independence

we need to drill anywhere and everywhere, under a suburban country club's manicured lawns, a university's parking lot, airport runways and terminals, even right next to schools and day-care centers.

let's go for broke to save the country and the planet, my friends!

when he was CEO of Exxon, Tillerson shelled out 30 billion dollars to buy a natural gas company called XTO Energy. i'm tellin ya, this is the future!

instead of stranding natural gas and burning it away, my friends, Trump should build a pipeline from Peoria, Illinois to Equatorial Guinea, which has massive amounts of reserves!

Let me guess the gist of the story. If we don't spend trillions of dollars destroying the US economy the world is doomed ?
No, and your guess is moronic, and we award you no points.
So its going to be affordable ?
I just said your guess was moronic. Typically, that is not an agreement that gets a follow up. And, btw... you're a denier moron.
Well your not making any fucking sense. Will the plans to combat global warming be expensive or affordable ?

Let me guess the gist of the story. If we don't spend trillions of dollars destroying the US economy the world is doomed ?
An angry little girl at the UN said if we raise taxes in the US, the world will be okay.

Apparently, a lot of dimwits believed her.
The sheep believe climate change is about saving the planet, for the elite its about making a shit ton of money while punishing Western civilization.

Forum List

Back