New York Times Admits Obama Admin Deployed Multiple Spies Against Trump Campaign In 2016

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The New York Times admitted on Thursday that the Obama administration deployed multiple spies against the Trump campaign in 2016, confirming recent comments by Attorney General William Barr that 'spying did occur' during the campaign.

Following months of angry claims by journalists and Democratic operatives that the Obama administration never spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times admitted Thursday that multiple overseas intelligence assets were deployed against associates of the Republican nominee. It is not the first time the Times has revealed widespread spying operations against the campaign.

In addition to noting that long-time informant Stefan Halper was tasked with collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign, the Times story details how a woman was sent overseas under a fake name and occupation to oversee the spy operation. The woman’s real name is not mentioned in the article, though the Times says she went by “Azra Turk” and has a relationship with an unidentified federal intelligence agency.

Halper was handpicked by a seasoned FBI counterintelligence agent out of the New York office, according to the article. While the Times does not identify the agent by name, the paper says the FBI agent spoke at a conference organized by Halper about a 2010 case involving Russians posing as Americans. The public schedule for a 2011 conference hosted by Halper about the exact same case shows that three FBI counterintelligence agents were invited to speak on the topic.

The three agents publicly identified as speaking at that conference on the topic are George J. Ennis, Jr., Alan E. Kohler, Jr., and Stephen M. Somma. Ennis currently serves as the special agent in charge in the FBI’s New York office, according to his LinkedIn profile, and worked closely with Preet Bharara, former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New..

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

------------

The illegal unmasking found in 2017 was being conducted by FBI contractors since roughly 2012. If it was taking place prior to that is still unknown to investigators.

I wonder who knew, or should have known what illegal NSA political spying was taking place???????

Robert S. Mueller, III, Director of the FBI September 4, 2001- September 4, 2013

Now wouldn't that just be the shits if MuleTeam ended up with a grand jury subpoena as a thank you note for his efforts? And inspite of their long time friendship, Bill Barr is just the kind of guy who would do it.

“Not a hint of scandal.” Yeah, right, Joe.
Not even a smidge. LOL.

This Explains the Anti-Barr Freakout!!!

Legal surveillance its called, not spying. I so love that the FBI has done their job, is tramps FBI doing their job??
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gang of 8 Democrats condemn Barr for suggesting Trump campaign was spied on

All 4 Democratic members of the Gang of 8 — which has received the most classified briefings on the Russia investigation out of anybody in Congress — condemned Attorney General Bill Barr's comments about intelligence officials "spying" on the Trump campaign in 2016.

The backdrop: Barr on Wednesday told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee that he believes spying by law enforcement officials on the 2016 Trump campaign "did occur," and that he would be reviewing "both the genesis and conduct" of the Russia investigation. The so-called "spygate" scandal, which relates to alleged FISA abuses by the intelligence community, has been frequently promoted by defenders of President Trump. It has not been corroborated.

• When pressed toward the end of the hearing, Barr clarified his remarks: "I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred. I am saying that I am concerned about it and I’m looking into it."
What they're saying:

• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in an interview with the AP that Barr's testimony calls into question his independence, adding that Barr is "not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States. ... I don't trust Barr. I trust Mueller."
  • Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer: "AG Barr admitted he had no evidence to support his claim that spying on the Trump campaign “did occur.” AG Barr must retract his statement immediately or produce specific evidence to back it up. Perpetuating conspiracy theories is beneath the office of the Attorney General."
  • House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff: "The casual suggestion by the nation’s top law enforcement officer of “spying” may please Donald Trump, who rails against a “deep state coup,” but it strikes another destructive blow to our democratic institutions. The hardworking men and women at the DOJ and FBI deserve better."
  • Senate Intelligence Ranking Member Mark Warner: "Mr. Barr knows how counter-intel investigations work. He knows there was ample evidence of Russian attempts to infiltrate the Trump campaign and that the FBI took lawful action to stop it. Giving a wink and a nod to this long-debunked “spying” conspiracy theory is irresponsible."
The other side: The 4 Republican members of the Gang of 8 — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr and House Intelligence Ranking Member Devin Nunes — have not addressed Barr's comments.

Last edited:
Former US Attorney: Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce ‘Detailed Spreadsheets’ Involving Trump

dailycaller.com ^

Update: In response to a question Tuesday from NBC News reporter Andrea Mitchell, former Obama White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice denied that she “prepared” spreadsheets of surveilled telephone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides. The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group, however, reported that Rice “ordered” the spreadsheets to be produced.

In addition, former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova, one of TheDCNF’s sources, said Tuesday in response to Rice that her denial “would come as quite a surprise to the government officials who have reviewed dozens of those spreadsheets.”

Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”

Other official sources with direct knowledge and who requested anonymity confirmed to TheDCNF diGenova’s description of surveillance reports Rice ordered one year before the 2016 presidential election.

Also on Monday, Fox News and Bloomberg News, citing multiple sources reported that Rice had requested the intelligence information that was produced in a highly organized operation. Fox said the unmasked names of Trump aides were given to officials at the National Security Council (NSC), the Department of Defense, James Clapper, President Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, and John Brennan, Obama’s CIA Director.

Joining Rice in the alleged White House operations was her deputy Ben Rhodes, according to Fox.

Critics of the atmosphere prevailing throughout the Obama administration’s last year in office point to former Obama Deputy Defense Secretary Evelyn Farkas who admitted in a March 2 television interview on MSNBC that she “was urging my former colleagues,” to “get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration.”

Farkas sought to walk back her comments in the weeks following: “I didn’t give anybody anything except advice.”

Col. (Ret.) James Waurishuk, an NSC veteran and former deputy director for intelligence at the U.S. Central Command, told TheDCNF that many hands had to be involved throughout the Obama administration to launch such a political spying program.

“The surveillance initially is the responsibility of the National Security Agency,” Waurishuk said. “They have to abide by this guidance when one of the other agencies says, ‘we’re looking at this particular person which we would like to unmask.'”

“The lawyers and counsel at the NSA surely would be talking to the lawyers and members of counsel at CIA, or at the National Security Council or at the Director of National Intelligence or at the FBI,” he said. “It’s unbelievable of the level and degree of the administration to look for information on Donald Trump and his associates, his campaign team and his transition team. This is really, really serious stuff.”

Michael Doran, former NSC senior director, told TheDCNF Monday that “somebody blew a hole in the wall between national security secrets and partisan politics.” This “was a stream of information that was supposed to be hermetically sealed from politics and the Obama administration found a way to blow a hole in that wall,” he said.

Doran charged that potential serious crimes were undertaken because “this is a leaking of signal intelligence.”

“That’s a felony,” he told TheDCNF. “And you can get 10 years for that. It is a tremendous abuse of the system. We’re not supposed to be monitoring American citizens. Bigger than the crime, is the breach of public trust.”

Waurishuk said he was most dismayed that “this is now using national intelligence assets and capabilities to spy on the elected, yet-to-be-seated president.”

“We’re looking at a potential constitutional crisis from the standpoint that we used an extremely strong capability that’s supposed to be used to safeguard and protect the country,” he said. “And we used it for political purposes by a sitting president. That takes on a new precedent.”

Legal surveillance its called, not spying. I so love that the FBI has done their job, is tramps FBI doing their job??

All 4 Democratic members of the Gang of 8 — which has received the most classified briefings on the Russia investigation out of anybody in Congress — condemned Attorney General Bill Barr's comments about intelligence officials "spying" on the Trump campaign in 2016.

The backdrop: Barr on Wednesday told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee that he believes spying by law enforcement officials on the 2016 Trump campaign "did occur," and that he would be reviewing "both the genesis and conduct" of the Russia investigation. The so-called "spygate" scandal, which relates to alleged FISA abuses by the intelligence community, has been frequently promoted by defenders of President Trump. It has not been corroborated.

• When pressed toward the end of the hearing, Barr clarified his remarks: "I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred. I am saying that I am concerned about it and I’m looking into it."
What they're saying:

• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in an interview with the AP that Barr's testimony calls into question his independence, adding that Barr is "not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States. ... I don't trust Barr. I trust Mueller."
  • Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer: "AG Barr admitted he had no evidence to support his claim that spying on the Trump campaign “did occur.” AG Barr must retract his statement immediately or produce specific evidence to back it up. Perpetuating conspiracy theories is beneath the office of the Attorney General."
  • House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff: "The casual suggestion by the nation’s top law enforcement officer of “spying” may please Donald Trump, who rails against a “deep state coup,” but it strikes another destructive blow to our democratic institutions. The hardworking men and women at the DOJ and FBI deserve better."
  • Senate Intelligence Ranking Member Mark Warner: "Mr. Barr knows how counter-intel investigations work. He knows there was ample evidence of Russian attempts to infiltrate the Trump campaign and that the FBI took lawful action to stop it. Giving a wink and a nod to this long-debunked “spying” conspiracy theory is irresponsible."
The other side: The 4 Republican members of the Gang of 8 — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr and House Intelligence Ranking Member Devin Nunes — have not addressed Barr's comments.

SPY

/spī/

noun
  1. 1.
    a person who secretly collects and reports information on the activities, movements, and plans of an enemy or competitor.
    synonyms: secret agent, undercover agent, enemy agent, foreign agent, secret service agent, intelligence agent, double agent, counterspy, industrial spy, fifth columnist, mole, plant, scout; More
verb
  1. 1.
    work for a government or other organization by secretly collecting information about enemies or competitors.
    "he agreed to spy for the West"

What they're saying:

SPY

/spī/

noun
  1. 1.
    a person who secretly collects and reports information on the activities, movements, and plans of an enemy or competitor.
    synonyms: secret agent, undercover agent, enemy agent, foreign agent, secret service agent, intelligence agent, double agent, counterspy, industrial spy, fifth columnist, mole, plant, scout; More
verb
  1. 1.
    work for a government or other organization by secretly collecting information about enemies or competitors.

You can call it whatever you want, but it was a legal surveillance, same as the FISA warrant on Page.
Using the word "spying" seems to make legal surveillance sounds nefarious, and that is what Barr wanted, because tramp continually claims he was spied upon.

There is no justice in America until the liars and spies who tried to destroy Trump are behind bars. Reprimands won't do.

The New York Times admitted on Thursday that the Obama administration deployed multiple spies against the Trump campaign in 2016, confirming recent comments by Attorney General William Barr that 'spying did occur' during the campaign.

Following months of angry claims by journalists and Democratic operatives that the Obama administration never spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times admitted Thursday that multiple overseas intelligence assets were deployed against associates of the Republican nominee. It is not the first time the Times has revealed widespread spying operations against the campaign.

In addition to noting that long-time informant Stefan Halper was tasked with collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign, the Times story details how a woman was sent overseas under a fake name and occupation to oversee the spy operation. The woman’s real name is not mentioned in the article, though the Times says she went by “Azra Turk” and has a relationship with an unidentified federal intelligence agency.

Halper was handpicked by a seasoned FBI counterintelligence agent out of the New York office, according to the article. While the Times does not identify the agent by name, the paper says the FBI agent spoke at a conference organized by Halper about a 2010 case involving Russians posing as Americans. The public schedule for a 2011 conference hosted by Halper about the exact same case shows that three FBI counterintelligence agents were invited to speak on the topic.

The three agents publicly identified as speaking at that conference on the topic are George J. Ennis, Jr., Alan E. Kohler, Jr., and Stephen M. Somma. Ennis currently serves as the special agent in charge in the FBI’s New York office, according to his LinkedIn profile, and worked closely with Preet Bharara, former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New..

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

------------

The illegal unmasking found in 2017 was being conducted by FBI contractors since roughly 2012. If it was taking place prior to that is still unknown to investigators.

I wonder who knew, or should have known what illegal NSA political spying was taking place???????

Robert S. Mueller, III, Director of the FBI September 4, 2001- September 4, 2013

Now wouldn't that just be the shits if MuleTeam ended up with a grand jury subpoena as a thank you note for his efforts? And inspite of their long time friendship, Bill Barr is just the kind of guy who would do it.

“Not a hint of scandal.” Yeah, right, Joe.
Not even a smidge. LOL.

This Explains the Anti-Barr Freakout!!!
Is that illegal?

Let me guess trumps admin is going to spy on Biden and you’ll say it’s ok because obama did it too?

I'm sure Barr's investigation will reveal a lot.

That should be one dandy of a report.

What they're saying:

Your transgendered man child is guilty of spying. He will go down, considered worse than Nixon.

What they're saying:

SPY

/spī/

noun
  1. 1.
verb
  1. 1.

You can call it whatever you want, but it was a legal surveillance, same as the FISA warrant on Page.
Using the word "spying" seems to make legal surveillance sounds nefarious, and that is what Barr wanted, because tramp continually claims he was spied upon.
Then you will support Trump doing the exact same to the Democrat candidate?

What they're saying:

Hey you dick brained zealot....

This was spying by the Orwellian obama banana republic...

Plain and simple.....

You lied to get the FISA WARRANT.

Then you scum bags tried to frame Trump for the things you actually did

after his electoral landslide victory put all you TARDS on TILT.......

History will not be kind to you....

Richard Nixon Who...………....

What they're saying:

Plain and simple.....

I'm so glad Obama's FBI was cautious and did their jobs. The FISA warrant on Page was "warranted".

What they're saying:

Plain and simple.....

I'm so glad Obama's FBI was cautious and did their jobs. The FISA warrant on Page was "warranted".

You are either ignorant beyond belief or you are a zealot...

Barr will prove my point.....

Tic Toc Tard...….

After many years of CNN and other so called networks telling everyone that Mueller would arrest Trump and everyone else which would somehow magically reverse an election. The unthinkable has happened and Mueller not only did not arrest them but cleared them and unbelievably pointed out that there maybe those in the last administration that did unlawful acts.

Those same people who feed on that crazy hope offered by CNN and others now can not and will not accept the truth. Now suddenly the savior Mueller is corrupt. Anyone saying otherwise is corrupt. They MUST keep the hope and lie alive.

If that hope gives out there is always the crazy notion that Trumps taxes might be the key. We are all aware that not only is the IRS incompetent but 44 would never have asked for a review. We are all aware that Tump sits at his kitchen table with some free software and does his own taxes.

If that hope fades there is always the hope that since he claims to be a Republican the emoluments clause can get him even though a democrat was never even considered for a problem with that. Of course it all amounts to d verses R anyway.

You can call them whatever you want, but it was a legal surveillance, same as the FISA warrant on Page.
Using the word "spying" seems to make legal surveillance sound nefarious.
IOW, yes, Obama spied on the Trump campaign, and you were wrong to deny it.

I notice that Obama supporters are ok with Government wiretaps and inserting spies into on the opposition presidenti campaign based on fabricated evidence, but call Trump a NAZI.

You can call them whatever you want, but it was a legal surveillance, same as the FISA warrant on Page.
Using the word "spying" seems to make legal surveillance sound nefarious.
IOW, yes, Obama spied on the Trump campaign, and you were wrong to deny it.

I notice that Obama supporters are ok with Government wiretaps and inserting spies into on the opposition presidenti campaign based on fabricated evidence, but call Trump a NAZI.

Yes I like a FBI who is doing their job, and watching potential spies and terrorists. What is Tramps FBI doing. Oh I know, finding shit on Hillary and Obama and Obama's FBI.

Forum List

Back