New vaccine by Pfizer for babes

You guys live in denial. For whatever reasons there yours. You own it.
Stop the projecting bullshit.

I ask a simple question - 'What is your point?' - and you are still non-responsive. Not only that, you attack. Two sure signs of not only a weak argument, but a reflection on your being a dishonest broker in discussion.
Talk about dishonest and attacking look in the mirror.

What exactly have you offered to the discussion other than your own conjecture?

The questions are still, "How many actual children die in the United States from Pneumonia per year?" Either you are refusing to answer this question or you do not know the answer. If you don't know the answer why don't you just say "I don't know"?

"How many limited cases in children have died from Pneumonia in the United States that Prevnar would definitely and without a doubt have prevented?" If you do not have the answer it is alright to admit that you do not know.

Not one of you has made a credible attempt to reply to any of these questions.
You can call me names, say that I'm stupid, misinformed and insult me until the sun goes down. What it appears that you can't do is answer these questions.

Your chart gives percentages but not actual deaths nor the breakdowns of each category in America for age of the children or the adults. Typical of most of those skewed figures that lead the goat herd to the slaughter house of big pharm. Your right we still have a choice and I pray enough people stand the balance when big pharm attempts to take that choice away.

If you claim that pneumonia is not a huge mortality factor in elderly and children's population, you've just lost whatever credibility you had on this issue.

The pneumovax covers for a certain amount of the 23 strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae. I think it's in the teens. I fail to see the problem with expanding it to cover more strains.

Futhermore, since S. pneumo is the leading cause behind neonatal meningitis, it's offering some coverage their as well.

At any rate, go ahead and bash "big pharma" and their evil conspiracy. You'll continue to look silly, but far be it from me to argue with your paranoia.

Your chart gives percentages but not actual deaths nor the breakdowns of each category in America for age of the children or the adults. Typical of most of those skewed figures that lead the goat herd to the slaughter house of big pharm. Your right we still have a choice and I pray enough people stand the balance when big pharm attempts to take that choice away.

If you claim that pneumonia is not a huge mortality factor in elderly and children's population, you've just lost whatever credibility you had on this issue.

The pneumovax covers for a certain amount of the 23 strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae. I think it's in the teens. I fail to see the problem with expanding it to cover more strains.

Futhermore, since S. pneumo is the leading cause behind neonatal meningitis, it's offering some coverage their as well.

At any rate, go ahead and bash "big pharma" and their evil conspiracy. You'll continue to look silly, but far be it from me to argue with your paranoia.
I do not have the information to make that claim. I have yet to see any information from you or any others on this board which will positively without a doubt substantiate your claim that "pneumonia is a huge mortality factor in elderly and children." When you state that it is you are raising it above any other factors and cases whether they be related or not. Therefore I have asked for you or any other to provide information which will unequivocally show that it is. So far, I have found a wide disagreement in your own profession which states otherwise.

I am looking for the actual numbers of children that died from Pneumonia which do not appear to be readily available without going through thousands upon thousands of documents. It would be nice to be able to look at all of the adverse effects for each vaccine in one place. I have not found that place yet. If you know where these actual numbers are at, let me know. Please.

I provided one particular link that I did find in which an individual and not a contracted think tank took the time to put some numbers out concerning adverse reactions to Prevnar. Eagleseven got all bent about this.

Online at the FDA website I downloaded the submission that was provided by Wyeth for Prevnar. Reading this initial application which was also used in the FDA approval for the Prevnar 13 product that is now put out by Pfizer it appears that within one year 23 infants died. This is 23 infants out of 109 that were studied in that particular clinical trial. The doctor who prepared this report in question denied these deaths were all related to the clinical trial for Prevnar and it's competitors. This one particular study was done with competing producers for the same type vaccine. One word here. COMPETITION. Maybe that does not seem like something worth looking into for you but it raises question in my mind. In looking at more information I am finding highly conflicting reports. That raises even more suspicion for me. If it does not in your mind Geauxtohell that is okay.

My thoughts are that many of these biochemists and scientists surely did not all study at the same university at the same time. Therefore, I can understand the wide variations in their data collection and their differences of opinion. What I don't understand is that the differences of opinion are not relegated to one geographical area or university. This is a worldwide mess with worldwide differences of opinions between world renowned scientists.

If, as many on this board would have me to believe that since I am not involved I must be an idiot. Since I'm not "one of them" therefore, I'm too stupid to have an opinion or even have the right to question their worldwide arguments. Say what you want and beat the drum to your own tune but when it comes time for you all who disagree and yet are so highly educated and cannot agree on anything don't come to me for money to feed your disagreement.

When there are so many babies that are suffering and a common denominator is a particular vaccine and the money required to produce it, I would hope more people would take a damn good look at what is happening to these babies! This destruction of children for the sake of saying I am right and you are wrong is immoral. This ain't some checker game or card game that you are playing. Billions of dollars going into science when science cannot give children the basic needs of life. Clean food, clean water and clean air. As eagle said, "I'm a microbiologist, not god". I could not agree with him more.

I am looking for the actual numbers of children that died from Pneumonia which do not appear to be readily available without going through thousands upon thousands of documents. It would be nice to be able to look at all of the adverse effects for each vaccine in one place. I have not found that place yet. If you know where these actual numbers are at, let me know. Please.
Right here

Pneumonia accounts for 20% of childhood deaths worldwide. This took me one google search.

If, as many on this board would have me to believe that since I am not involved I must be an idiot. Since I'm not "one of them" therefore, I'm too stupid to have an opinion or even have the right to question their worldwide arguments. Say what you want and beat the drum to your own tune but when it comes time for you all who disagree and yet are so highly educated and cannot agree on anything don't come to me for money to feed your disagreement.
When you make statements like "Vaccines kill bacteria" and "Vaccines generate superbugs," you prove yourself an idiot.

No scientist is still arguing that the moon is made of cheese, no matter what opinions you might hold.

Last edited:
Right here

Pneumonia accounts for 20% of childhood deaths worldwide. This took me one google search.

When you make statements like "Vaccines kill bacteria" and "Vaccines generate superbugs," you prove yourself an idiot.

No scientist is still arguing that the moon is made of cheese, no matter what opinions you might hold.
Look I have asked you over and over again where are the statistics for the UNITED STATES. You own link says "NO DATA AVAILABLE" for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Take your WHO and stick it up your ass.

Where is the data excluding any and every other country in the world except the United States which proves your point about how safe Prevnar is? If you have this data fine, if you don't fuck off.

Like I told you, you want American taxpayers, American businesses, American everything to support your fucking games on a worldwide basis. I am telling you for the last fucking time, you want money, then prove you deserve it! Give me the stats for the US or shut the fuck up.

Right here

Look I have asked you over and over again where are the statistics for the UNITED STATES. You own link says "NO DATA AVAILABLE" for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Take your WHO and stick it up your ass.

Where is the data excluding any and every other country in the world except the United States which proves your point about how safe Prevnar is? If you have this data fine, if you don't fuck off.

Like I told you, you want American taxpayers, American businesses, American everything to support your fucking games on a worldwide basis. I am telling you for the last fucking time, you want money, then prove you deserve it! Give me the stats for the US or shut the fuck up.
Pneumonia is the sixth-eighth (depending upon year) leading cause of death in America, killing approximately 55,000 Americans per year.

Last edited:
Right here

Pneumonia is the sixth-eighth (depending upon year) leading cause of death in America, killing approximately 55,000 Americans per year.

No statistics on that article link.

It looks like Ro is a new type of troofer.

Sad, really.

As with all troofers, I have no patience with the willfully blind.

F

Last edited:
Finally a little truth. How refreshing.

On the link that you provided the statistics for the year 2006 as stated in the CDC report for 113 selected causes of death I found the following.

Pneumonia and Influenza are both listed together and then again separately in this report.

85 year olds in the year 2006 in the United States 26,245 died of Pneumonia, 372 died of Influenza.

75-84 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America died of 16,432 Pneumonia, 236 died of Influenza.

65-74 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 5,980 died of Pneumonia, 81 died of Influenza.

55-64 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 3,111 died of Pneumonia, 43 died of Influenza.

45-54 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 1,981 died of Pneumonia, 26 died of Influenza.

35-44 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 831 died of Pneumonia, 10 died of Influenza.

25-34 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 329 died of Pneumonia, 6 died of Influenza.

15-24 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 171 died of Pneumonia, 13 died of Influenza.

5-14 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 43 died of Pneumonia, 25 died of Influenza.

1-4 year olds in 2006 in the United States of America 106 died of Pneumonia, 19 died of Influenza.

Under 1 year in 2006 in the United States of America 245 died of Pneumonia, 18 died of Influenza.

Of that 56,326 people that died of Pneumonia and Influenza in 2006 in the United States of America 48,657 of these that died of Pneumonia and 689 that died of Influenza were 65 years of age or older in this report. I can't vouch for the accuracy in this report. However, I will accept it until another comes along to refute it. These figures aren't close to the 1.8 million you began to shove at the beginning of this thread. The American people can accept and should be provided the truth. It is apparent by your own link that scare tactics play a part in big pharma's desire to float their boat with cash from American taxpayers. If private donors want to remain anonymous by giving monetary gifts in support of research I do not have one problem with that. However, if the research community is hell bent on paying the bill for research on the backs of the American people a little bit of truth and integrity will take them farther than lies and fear mongering. Are we clear on this?

These figures aren't close to the 1.8 million you began to shove at the beginning of this thread.
Not once did I claim that 1.8 million Americans were dying of Pneumonia per year. If you had read my original link, you would have realized this.

The American people can accept and should be provided the truth. It is apparent by your own link that scare tactics play a part in big pharma's desire to float their boat with cash from American taxpayers. If private donors want to remain anonymous by giving monetary gifts in support of research I do not have one problem with that. However, if the research community is hell bent on paying the bill for research on the backs of the American people a little bit of truth and integrity will take them farther than lies and fear mongering. Are we clear on this?
Prevnar is Wyeth Co's most popular product. With sales in over 72 countries, Prevnar has been a net benefit to the American economy, more than recouping the cost of development.

Why are so many countries purchasing Prevnar? Because it is far cheaper to vaccinate everyone against Pneumonia, then it is to purchase multiple antibiotic treatments for the victims. Furthermore, traditional expensive antibiotic treatments can generate superbugs, while the cost-efficient Prevnar does not.

Prevnar has put Americans to work, growing the US economy, while saving lives and saving developing nations money. It's a win-win for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Despite the name, the organism causes many types of pneumococcal infection other than pneumonia, including acute sinusitis, otitis media, meningitis, bacteremia, sepsis, osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, endocarditis, peritonitis, pericarditis, cellulitis, and brain abscess.

S. pneumoniae is the most common cause of bacterial meningitis in adults and children, and is one of the top two isolates found in ear infection, otitis media.[2] Pneumococcal pneumonia is more common in the very young and the very old.

Google is your friend.
I'm reprinting this again because apparently rod is too stupid for words. She can't even understand that this vaccine doesn't just protect against common pneumonia.

Given a choice to vaccinate my kids against meningitis it would be immoral for me to refuse, imo. And I would happily have had them skip all the ear infections.

If you ever have kids, rod, you are free to not have them vaccinated. For the safety of the general population you should keep them away from others.

These figures aren't close to the 1.8 million you began to shove at the beginning of this thread.
Not once did I claim that 1.8 million Americans were dying of Pneumonia per year. If you had read my original link, you would have realized this.

The American people can accept and should be provided the truth. It is apparent by your own link that scare tactics play a part in big pharma's desire to float their boat with cash from American taxpayers. If private donors want to remain anonymous by giving monetary gifts in support of research I do not have one problem with that. However, if the research community is hell bent on paying the bill for research on the backs of the American people a little bit of truth and integrity will take them farther than lies and fear mongering. Are we clear on this?
Prevnar is Wyeth Co's most popular product. With sales in over 72 countries, Prevnar has been a net benefit to the American economy, more than recouping the cost of development.

Why are so many countries purchasing Prevnar? Because it is far cheaper to vaccinate everyone against Pneumonia, then it is to purchase multiple antibiotic treatments for the victims. Furthermore, traditional expensive antibiotic treatments can generate superbugs, while the cost-efficient Prevnar does not.

Prevnar has put Americans to work, growing the US economy, while saving lives and saving developing nations money. It's a win-win for everyone involved.

I want to thank you for making my point for me. I can understand your need to use a whopping figure like 1.8 million worldwide to beat us over the head with. Your link, while it did take a bit of work for me to get you to post it, clearly reveals that less than 400 children in AMERICA are actually dying from pneumonia from the 2006 figures which you referred to. The extreme adverse reactions to these injections far exceeds 400 here in America. I won't go there as you have already provided this tidbit of information for the rest to see if they are not blinded by your drivel. I looked at the first link you posted and I realized that either you are too ignorant to answer my question, too dishonest to want to answer my question or too arrogant to think that someone else would not notice what you were attempting to do. Your disdain for the poor and the lower class of our citizenry has been duly noted.

Prevnar is being shoved down the throats of people by a carefully crafted campaign of misinformation and in many cases, outright lies by your ilk. I suggest you under take the research which, like Prevnar, will not heal you nor cure you and will only treat the symptoms you have for your advanced case of "we know what is good for you, you don't" campaign of corruption, lies and misleading information.

Neither you or your industry associates can truthfully say or remotely guarantee that there are no ill effects from these drugs such as Prevnar 7 and Prevnar 13. The potential for super-immuno-deficient mutations from the use of these drugs appears to be your goal. You exhibit no interest in discussing any of the potential long term effects of these drugs which you defiantly seek to justify and peddle.

Your blatant simplistic and foolish tunnel vision approach is appalling to say the least. It would appear that since you are incapable of policing and holding your own industry accountable to mankind that it therefore shall be done for you but most certainly not by you or your cohorts.

November 19, 2009 — The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee on vaccines and related biological products has given a near-unanimous endorsement of the pneumococcal vaccine Prevnar 13, saying it believes the new vaccine is effective and safe for the active immunization of children against serious systemic infection with Streptococcus pneumoniae.

Ten panel members voted yes, 1 voted no, and 1 abstained when asked whether the available data presented by Pfizer, the vaccine's sponsor, were adequate to support the effectiveness of Prevnar 13 when administered to infants and toddlers at ages 2, 4, 6, and 12 to 15 months to prevent invasive pneumococcal disease caused by serotypes in the vaccine.

The vaccine is to be given in 4 doses as an intramuscular injection.

Panel member Pamela McInnes, DDS, from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, said she thought the data that Pfizer presented were very convincing about the vaccine's efficacy. "I think we have to look at what I think are quite compelling data in terms of functional antibodies. I am very persuaded by that."

The panel also gave a near-unanimous thumbs up to the FDA's second question about whether they thought the evidence for the vaccine's safety was adequate.

However, Patricia Ferrieri, MD, professor of pediatrics and infectious diseases at the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, reminded the panel that they were inferring safety about Prevnar 13 from their experience with Prevnar 7. "I just want that on the record," she said.

The panel member who voted no, Vicky Debold, PhD, director of patient safety at the National Vaccine Information Center in Vienna, Virginia, and the consumer representative on the panel, said she was not convinced about the new vaccine's safety.

"I am concerned that we are discussing whether safety has been demonstrated here, when in fact the safety data are not complete. We're not looking at the full complement of data, and it is disconcerting to me to see that, as the number of doses increase, we were seeing an increase in the severity and frequency of adverse reactions," she said.

Prevnar 13 is composed of capsular polysaccharides derived from the 7 pneumococcal serotypes contained in Prevnar 7 (4, 6B, 9V, 14, 18C, 19F, and 23F) and from 6 additional pneumococcal serotypes (1, 3, 5, gA, 7F, and 19A).

Each capsular polysaccharide is individually conjugated to diphtheria CRM197 protein, and this prompted 1 panel member to ask about the potential for hyperimmunization.

Robert Munford, MD, from the National Institutes of Health, commented that today's children may be getting hyperimmunized with diphtheria toxin. "These kids are getting so much of this, and Prevnar 13 has twice the dose of CRM. Hyperimmunization can lead to autoimmune phenomena. Is the company planning to watch for such events in its postmarketing surveillance?"

The sponsor said that the company was planning to look for autoimmune diseases in its postmarketing surveillance.

The committee was also asked to discuss — but not to vote on — whether the data presented by the sponsor supported the effectiveness of Prevnar 13 for the prevention of otitis media. Despite arguments by Wyeth that the effect of its predecessor, Prevnar 7, was substantial, some panel members were not convinced.

"This is where I get mired," said Jose Romero, MD, professor of pediatrics at University of Arkansas, Little Rock. "There is no real correlate with protection for otitis media. You can't really extrapolate from the data you have given that you get a good antibody response that would predict that you're not going to have otitis media if you get this vaccine. This is more of a black-box issue."

Pablo Sanchez, MD, from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, agreed. "We are being asked to say that this vaccine is efficacious for otitis media based on other data, and we have to extrapolate here. I would like to see more data on this."
That is exactly what the links I put in were talking about that has been happening!

As far as your claim to serving the economy you have no clue as to what and how much you have cost the world with your meddling. I do not believe that putting the wealth or the health of the nation into the hands of the few has proved to be 'good for the economy'. You are a pompous ass.

Forum List

Back