New USMB Zone "Cheat Sheet" Added.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
For new members, or a few of long time members who are still confused by the moderation zones on USMB, we've added a Zone Cheat Sheet into the "Posting Guidelines" on the USMB Home Page..

Since we condensed the Zones from 4 to 3, it is incredibly easy to find different forums on USMB that cater to ALL level of conversation.. From the highly moderated Zone 1 forums to the "rough and tumble" Zone 3 forums and everything else in between -- there's a place for every mood and level of civility...

Always check the "sticky posts" at the top of every forum for additional moderation guidance and rules..

6018-1578864484-f1e81e1441f322b988e91bf104eb8eb1.jpg

Last edited:
Appreciate the note about Intro threads. I'd like to see that more enforced instead of depending on me to do it.

For new members, or a few of long time members who are still confused by the moderation zones on USMB, we've added a Zone Cheat Sheet into the "Posting Guidelines" on the USMB Home Page..

Since we condensed the Zones from 4 to 3, it is incredibly easy to find different forums on USMB that cater to ALL level of conversation.. From the highly moderated Zone 1 forums to the "rough and tumble" Zone 3 forums and everything else in between -- there's a place for every mood and level of civility...

Always check the "sticky posts" at the top of every forum for additional moderation guidance and rules..

6014-1578770411-928063c25342c54df2c8bf1699e466eb.jpg
I do like this chart a lot. Simple. People can read it quickly.

About a year ago, I spent hours going through all the sticky posts in one of the forums and consolidating it down to three posts, with no content gone. Simple, no clever, repetitive chat, just the rules. I sent it to either Kat or Aye, who said they'd send it along.

Nothing has ever happened. The ridiculous number of sticky posts is why no one reads the rules. Who's going to wade through all that business? If you're in love with listening to your own voice, write a book. Don't preserve them in the forum rules.

Looks good
If only it was followed

About a year ago, I spent hours going through all the sticky posts in one of the forums and consolidating it down to three posts, with no content gone. Simple, no clever, repetitive chat, just the rules. I sent it to either Kat or Aye, who said they'd send it along.

Nothing has ever happened. The ridiculous number of sticky posts is why no one reads the rules. Who's going to wade through all that business? If you're in love with listening to your own voice, write a book. Don't preserve them in the forum rules.

There has been a description of the Zones as part of the "Posting Guidelines" on the home page.. It pretty much identifies which forums are in which zones and gives a brief description of difference in rules.. But it lacks a comparison of what moderation is looking between those places in the terminology of the "posting guidlines"..

I think I remember seeing that work from you.. Don't know what happened, but we were collapsing from 4 zones to 3 about 18 months ago.. Maybe it was too close to when we discussing doing that.. Thanks.. We love help...

It doesn't show where Iran is or Africa, so it's ineffective.

EYEYIIIIYIIIIII !!!!!

I didn't start that thread. You think I'm going to be impolite and FCT will ding me, right? Well, I'm quite situationally aware, as fncceo says. You're not snaring me.

I got to go buy batteries and stuff--looks like an ice storm tomorrow, no power likely.

I get questions occasionally why threads get axed.

The two big ones that are left off of this chart are, the ALL CAPS VIOLATION, and starting titles and OP's that are polarizing from the starting gate.

I look at these all the time and reply back to members that should have known better. . .

EYEYIIIIYIIIIII !!!!!

I didn't start that thread. You think I'm going to be impolite and FCT will ding me, right? Well, I'm quite situationally aware, as fncceo says. You're not snaring me.

I got to go buy batteries and stuff--looks like an ice storm tomorrow, no power likely.
I wasn't talking to or about you, I was just telling the mod what he should do to fix the chart so that certain people could get full use of it.

I gotta pay more attention and make sure a stupid assholes post gets moved to the wastelands before I call em a stupid asshole.

Forum List

Back