New Type Of Fusion Power Plant

So lets say you convert 40-50% of the energy into explosive energy which is divided into 3: sound, seismic, weight displacement. None of that is hurting the atmosphere. The other half of the energy would be heat energy in the cannon and the hot gasses, most of that fifty percent of the heat energy is going to stay on the earth and not hurt the atmosphere, but as for the hot gasses the whole system could be contained so they don't escape with a loop at the the top on the surface.

Last edited:
100% no heat into the atmosphere. The cannon would be deep in the earth and the heat would stay blanketed.

I wonder if they changed the way they make explosives, instead of making it in big batches, only mix small amount at a time to make one explosive, if they would be safer and cheaper.

Last edited:
100% no heat into the atmosphere. The cannon would be deep in the earth and the heat would stay blanketed.

If you do that, you do not even need the canon. The temperature rises 25c for every 1km in depth underground.

Dig "deep underground", and you are already significantly warmer than you are at the surface.

well here's one way to use hot water that isn't boiling High temperature electrolysis is more efficient economically than traditional room-temperature electrolysis because some of the energy is supplied as heat, which is cheaper than electricity, and also because the electrolysis reaction is more efficient at higher temperatures.

Here's another idea to get the heat out of the cannon, if the cannon is 500 feet deep, you could build a pipe for water down to the cannon and use the pressure at the bottom to spin a turbine, then the water is turned into steam by the hot cannon and rises back to the top. It would work for geothermal power plants as well.

These two article's prove the cannonball idea is workable i think.

"It is reported that methanol electrolysis requires much lower external energy input to reach the same current density for hydrogen generation, and the energy saving can be about 70% compared to that of water electrolysis [17,18]."

Last edited:
"20 - 30% of energy is lost in the process of creating hydrogen. The hydrogen must then be compressed and stored, losing another 10%. Finally, another 30% is lost when converting the hydrogen into electricity. This leaves you with 30 – 40% of the original energy used."

I estimate that minus the unavoidable 20-30% loss from making the hydrogen, I wouldn't have to compress it if I made it on site, but mainly the high efficiency of the cannonball idea being over 50% and the controlled output of the plants power because you lower the weight to make electricity as needed, you might actually gain back some of that 20-30% loss using only 15% of your fuel production as burning fossil fuels traditionally, then protecting the atmosphere using the cannonball idea which as we discussed is safer for the atmosphere by many times then traditional power plants.

You would improve the efficiency of the power generation because of the difference in how you spin the turbine, with a steam engine you could turn off the heat but the boiler will stay hot for a while, with the cannonball you could stop and preserve your energy in an instant. Fluctuating the cannonball's speed which I have an invention for I haven't disclosed to anybody, but it works, would increase efficiency compared to boiler's.

"20 - 30% of energy is lost in the process of creating hydrogen. The hydrogen must then be compressed and stored, losing another 10%. Finally, another 30% is lost when converting the hydrogen into electricity. This leaves you with 30 – 40% of the original energy used."
30-40% efficiency? Why doesn't that compete with other systems? A car's engine is like 8% efficient in the winter.

Last edited:
Aside from the joke that the OP has put forward....(Which has a sharp wit to it)

The problem is not energy in and of itself....it's cheap and transmissable/transportable energy.

You can make all kinds of ethanol from grain or some other form of starch/sugars. But ethanol tends to be more expensive than gasoline without the same amount of energy per kilo contained within it.

Bio diesel is cheap too....but again has issues.
Yellow coal is cheaper and easier to turn into diesel than anything else...but again nobody wants to commit to producing it. It's also very plentiful.

Currently most "green " technologies for producing energy are more about greenhouse gas than green. (Aluminum smelting is worse than 1000 gas guzzlers with CO².

Aside from the joke that the OP has put forward....(Which has a sharp wit to it)
If your trying to protect the atmosphere its not a joke. There's the lowering of the weight that can make higher efficiency to an already 80% potential. You could be talking 50-60% efficiency of your original fuel. That's competitive in my book.

If you use the electricity you make lowering cannonballs for hydrolysis of you hydrogen fuel, in the end you may use 50% more fuel, but its all burned the safest way possible for the atmosphere.

We really haven't even discussed using this idea as a fission powerplant. One idea to use the more efficient cannonball idea would be to drop the cannonball into the cannon from a height that would smash a SMALL pellet of fissile material. This could reduce the explosion energy from the smallest staged fission explosion they have. You guys think that's possible? The whole cannonball power plant idea could be operated by computer robuts? Oh yeah and its like 30% efficient use of the stored energy in the fissile fuel compared to traditional power plants which is like 1-2%. I remember that from about 11 years ago.

I'm reading critical mass depends on design and shape of the fissile material. Still critical mass pretty much kills yesterday's idea. My design was to drop a heavy cannonball onto a golf tee that would put all the energy of the cannonball into crushing a tiny pellet of fuel. Maybe this design is still workable. With critical mass the way it is, the smallest 10 kt that they have would require a 30 foot wide 300 foot deep water cannon. But unfortantley the water cannon is a mere 4-25% efficient vs the cannonballs 35-80%. Perhaps a canon several feet wide would be good for a one time use.

Forum List

Back