New Trouble for Trump: His Company Is Accused of a Major Insurance Scam

Boy, this doesn't sound like him at all. ;)

Two former insiders tell Rolling Stone that Trump’s team attempted to turn a storm into a massive payday — part of a pattern of shady insurance practices that have caught law enforcement’s attention
For most businesses, a freak thunderstorm flooding your golf course would constitute something between an inconvenience and a crisis — especially after you faced accusations of illegally modifying your course in a way that caused water damage to your neighbor’s buildings. But most businesses aren’t run by Donald Trump.​
When a deluge flooded the Trump Organization’s Westchester County golf course and a nearby town in 2011, the organization used a wildly inflated claim to score an insurance payout of nearly $1.3 million, pulling in far more than what it spent to repair the course, two people tell Rolling Stone. The previously unreported insurance claim at Trump National Golf Club in the Village of Briarcliff Manor far outstripped the cost to repair the damages, which were about $130,000 to $150,000, one of the sources says.​
One of the sources, a former Briarcliff employee, says superficial repairs were made to the damaged parts of the course. “The work was never completed,” the former employee says. “They basically band-aided it.” The Trump Organization had sought even more than the nearly $1.3 million that was paid out, but the insurer withheld a portion because the Trump Organization failed to produce the required receipts, the other source says.​

Rolling Stone has been a little fast and loose with their reporting of late. I think I'll wait and see before passing judgement. Also we've been hearing of Trump's impending doom for the last 3-5 years so...

Boy, this doesn't sound like him at all. ;)

Two former insiders tell Rolling Stone that Trump’s team attempted to turn a storm into a massive payday — part of a pattern of shady insurance practices that have caught law enforcement’s attention
For most businesses, a freak thunderstorm flooding your golf course would constitute something between an inconvenience and a crisis — especially after you faced accusations of illegally modifying your course in a way that caused water damage to your neighbor’s buildings. But most businesses aren’t run by Donald Trump.​
When a deluge flooded the Trump Organization’s Westchester County golf course and a nearby town in 2011, the organization used a wildly inflated claim to score an insurance payout of nearly $1.3 million, pulling in far more than what it spent to repair the course, two people tell Rolling Stone. The previously unreported insurance claim at Trump National Golf Club in the Village of Briarcliff Manor far outstripped the cost to repair the damages, which were about $130,000 to $150,000, one of the sources says.​
One of the sources, a former Briarcliff employee, says superficial repairs were made to the damaged parts of the course. “The work was never completed,” the former employee says. “They basically band-aided it.” The Trump Organization had sought even more than the nearly $1.3 million that was paid out, but the insurer withheld a portion because the Trump Organization failed to produce the required receipts, the other source says.​

Trump is a career criminal. The money he has made in his life has come from scams; Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC | Watch Rachel Maddow Live

Rolling Stone has been a little fast and loose with their reporting of late. I think I'll wait and see before passing judgement. Also we've been hearing of Trump's impending doom for the last 3-5 years so...
Trump is no longer president now. Big difference!

Last edited:
Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC | Watch Rachel Maddow Live Trump is no longer president now. Big difference!
Ok. We've been hearing about his impending doom for the better part of the last year while he hasn't been President. We will see. Also doesn't change Rolling Stone's record on shoddy reporting of late. If a certain segment of our society weren't hell bent on getting him for something/anything at any cost then claims like this would be more interesting, but since that's not the reality we live in....

I do find it interesting that Trump who has been a celebrity for decades only became the worst criminal in US history after he became a Republican and then ran for President.
I find it interesting that a career criminal has gone under the radar for so long, and how he got caught was by being president.

I find it interesting that a career criminal has gone under the radar for so long, and how he got caught was by being president.
Remains to be seen. Long on accusations kinda short on anything actually turning out to be criminal.

"Former insiders tell Rolling Stone" about the dealings of the former president and this rises to the level of current events in the minds of angry left wingers? Meanwhile reporters in the pot head journal ignore the antics of the current president's freaking son and the Biden family ties to China? No surprise here.

Forum List

Back