New to site

What's up, everyone? New to the site, but not to forums.

Good, glad to see you are not new to forums in general. Too many glassy-eyed people come on here, thinking it's going to be like Firing Line with William Buckley on PBS, where you have calm collected intellectual discussions.

If you have been on forums before, you know you'll meet a dozen people who will calmly discuss topics, and a hundred that want to just scream and have toddler temper tantrums.

So I'll tell you what you likely already know. Get used to meeting trolls. We have a large nest of trolls here, both Democrat Trolls and Republican Trolls, and you should familiarize yourself with the ignore feature. Click on the avatar of the troll. A pop up window will open. Find the "IGNORE" button at the bottom of the pop up window. Reload page. Magically, like sunlight coming over the horizon, the troll will vanish without a trace.

Additionally there is a good side, and bad side to this forum. The bad side is that expect only a limited amount of moderation by the forum. The good side, you will never be abused by forum moderators. This is why trolls live and breed here on this forum. As long as the trolls follow the most basic rules, the moderators will not spray the forum with Troll-icide.

But if you are anything like me, you've been on several forums, where the moderators didn't like your political position, called it harassment or trolling, and banned/censored, or deleted your posts.

That will not happen here, or at least extremely rarely.

Hi and welcome.

I'm a troll, but a deluxe troll.

1601856557034.jpeg

Good, glad to see you are not new to forums in general. Too many glassy-eyed people come on here, thinking it's going to be like Firing Line with William Buckley on PBS, where you have calm collected intellectual discussions.

If you have been on forums before, you know you'll meet a dozen people who will calmly discuss topics, and a hundred that want to just scream and have toddler temper tantrums.

So I'll tell you what you likely already know. Get used to meeting trolls. We have a large nest of trolls here, both Democrat Trolls and Republican Trolls, and you should familiarize yourself with the ignore feature. Click on the avatar of the troll. A pop up window will open. Find the "IGNORE" button at the bottom of the pop up window. Reload page. Magically, like sunlight coming over the horizon, the troll will vanish without a trace.

Additionally there is a good side, and bad side to this forum. The bad side is that expect only a limited amount of moderation by the forum. The good side, you will never be abused by forum moderators. This is why trolls live and breed here on this forum. As long as the trolls follow the most basic rules, the moderators will not spray the forum with Troll-icide.

But if you are anything like me, you've been on several forums, where the moderators didn't like your political position, called it harassment or trolling, and banned/censored, or deleted your posts.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
I've been called a troll by those who don't like my stance on things. It might also have something to do with the sarcastic tone I sometimes use.

I've been called a troll by those who don't like my stance on things. It might also have something to do with the sarcastic tone I sometimes use.

Right, but at least here they don't ban you, or delete your posts, simply because they don't like your political position.

By the way, if you do come across a moderator, be nice. Just be nice. The mods here are doing their best, so even if you don't like what they did, just be nice. You can go bash other people who earned it, but be nice to the mods. They are doing what they should.

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots. And don't bother with a mask. It won't help you here. Nothing really will.

You Sarcastic? Never. Not in a million years :meow:

You Sarcastic? Never. Not in a million years :meow:
Oh, just wait. On another forum, people reported some of my posts because it was directed towards them. Then I got banned.

Forum List

Back