New Study Shows That Dogs Understand Our Intentions

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
New study conducted in Germany tested whether dogs understood the difference between intentional and unintentional behavior by observing their responses, such as trying to give them food but not being able to (blocked), and simply deliberately withholding the food.

Doing so allows an animal to distinguish between getting unintentionally hit by accident and an owner deliberately beating them.

The study seemed to confirm, with flying colors, that dogs are 100% loud and clear on what is on our minds and in our hearts.

dogs-tell-the-differen-2.jpg

New study conducted in Germany tested whether dogs understood the difference between intentional and unintentional behavior by observing their responses, such as trying to give them food but not being able to (blocked), and simply deliberately withholding the food.

Doing so allows an animal to distinguish between getting unintentionally hit by accident and an owner deliberately beating them.

The study seemed to confirm, with flying colors, that dogs are 100% loud and clear on what is on our minds and in our hearts.

View attachment 533677
Interesting study. Thanks for the info.

Dogs have natural senses that we humans are taught to suppress early on. My Chow traveled with me from the time he was 4 weeks old until he was 17 years old. Once I was going through Wyoming in the middle of the night and had to stop and fill up. I pulled up to the pump, left the door open as I stepped out and my Chow stepped into the drivers seat. By this time he was 15 years old and getting very hard of hearing so I always used hand signals for him too. I told him as I pointed to the ground to watched out for the oil someone had spilled and then pointed over to the area he could go potty. He gingerly stepped all around those oil spots so he would not get any on his feet and then went directly to where I pointed; he peed came back and again carefully avoided all the oil as he got into the car. When I got into pay for the gas the gal wanted to know 'how did you train that amazing dog and stated I have never seen anything like that. He just went where you pointed.' All I could tell her was I never trained him he just came smart like that and I never had to potty train him either as it was all natural for him.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Dogs can exhibit remarkable intelligence. The dog I have seems to know my moods and how to respond to me.

There is much we don't understand about animal intelligence. The story about the wild boars undertaking a rescue mission was fascinating.

Last edited:

View attachment 533677
A dog would make a better President

In fact, I hear Biden left behind a bunch of dogs in Afghanistan he could have saved.

Maybe he was worried one might beat him in 2024.

The Taliban will probably try to rape and eat the dogs.

Last edited:

View attachment 533677
Yep dogs are awesome. My dog don't like you, I am not likely to let you into my life. I think they understand intentions better than we do.

We have a twelve week old Mini Aussie. He has really done well with potty outside. Already knows sit, stay, lay down and understands fetching like it was built in.
Not to mention he is far cuter than most humans and he knows when he is pouring it on..
20210808_094739.jpg

Dogs are the only animals that understand our facial expressions and gestures.

A dog would make a better President

In fact, I hear Biden left behind a bunch of dogs in Afghanistan he could have saved.

Maybe he was worried one might beat him in 2024.

The Taliban will probably try to rape and eat the dogs.
:rofl: :laughing0301: :clap: :auiqs.jpg:WELL SAID!!!

To the OP:
do they really need such study to arrive at such conclusions? or are they using it to launder the money they were given that they spent likely to do something illegal?

In a Nut Shell, dogs and all animals are smarter and more cognitive than many humans. One of the such humans is sitting at the white Hut pretending to be President.

Forum List

Back