New SCOTUS ACA Challenge 'Nails It'....but Won't Matter

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
LINK: New Obamacare Appeal to Be Filed With the Supreme Court: ‘So Unconstitutional in So Many Ways’

A new ACA challenge will be brought up before the SCOTUS, and it is 'un-deniable'...but it won't matter.

The new lawsuit accurately , appropriately points out that all tax-raising legislation MUST be originated in the House of Representatives - the ACA was created in the Senate, and the decision that the monetary fine on those who refused to purchase 'Obamacare' Insurance was technically created by/in the Supreme Court.

(Obama lawyers argued that it was a punitive FINE, not a tax, so as not to break Obama's promise that no new taxes would be included in the ACA...however, Chief Justice Roberts stated a 'FINE' is Un-Constitutional and therefore the government MUST have intended it to be a 'tax', thereby saving the ACA.)

Although accurate, the point is already 'moot'. The 'old' system of insurance in the US has already been destroyed, replaced with the 'ACA'. Attempting to go back will waster hundreds of billions of dollars and throw those now insured through the ACA into chaos, once again having to scramble to get new insurance, and the Insurance companies would have to scramble to recreate insurance policies...again.

....not going to happen.

Wasn't King v Burwell supposed to have "nailed it"? Just as Benghazi VIII was supposed to "nail" Hillary?

Maybe if you people abandoned the crude sexual metaphors it might clear your heads.

LINK: New Obamacare Appeal to Be Filed With the Supreme Court: ‘So Unconstitutional in So Many Ways’

A new ACA challenge will be brought up before the SCOTUS, and it is 'un-deniable'...but it won't matter.

The new lawsuit accurately , appropriately points out that all tax-raising legislation MUST be originated in the House of Representatives - the ACA was created in the Senate, and the decision that the monetary fine on those who refused to purchase 'Obamacare' Insurance was technically created by/in the Supreme Court.

(Obama lawyers argued that it was a punitive FINE, not a tax, so as not to break Obama's promise that no new taxes would be included in the ACA...however, Chief Justice Roberts stated a 'FINE' is Un-Constitutional and therefore the government MUST have intended it to be a 'tax', thereby saving the ACA.)

Although accurate, the point is already 'moot'. The 'old' system of insurance in the US has already been destroyed, replaced with the 'ACA'. Attempting to go back will waster hundreds of billions of dollars and throw those now insured through the ACA into chaos, once again having to scramble to get new insurance, and the Insurance companies would have to scramble to recreate insurance policies...again.

....not going to happen.

Roberts majority decision: Sure it's unconstitutional, but it's too cool to vote against

Wasn't King v Burwell supposed to have "nailed it"? Just as Benghazi VIII was supposed to "nail" Hillary?

Maybe if you people abandoned the crude sexual metaphors it might clear your heads.

How can you be so consistently wrong and manage to keep breathing. "Nailed it" has been used to declare a sexual triumph but it didn't originate there and has a multitude of meanings.

Nailed it

When you nail something, it means that you've done something very well, or succeeded.

American Idiom: Nailed it

How can you be so consistently wrong and manage to keep breathing. "Nailed it" has been used to declare a sexual triumph but it didn't originate there and has a multitude of meanings.

Nailed it

When you nail something, it means that you've done something very well, or succeeded.

Which doesn't make me wrong. It just means "we're both right." Now, if you'd like to do a sidebar on etymology, that might be fun, but it would take us demonstrably off topic. Is that what you want, or was this just illustrative of the expression "nailed it"?

0x78Hfr.gif

Classic case of "projection".

Normal people don't think of sex when hearing the expression "nailed it"....but you do.

Normal people don't think of sex when hearing the expression "nailed it"....but you do.

I do know the myth that men think about sex every second has been debunked, but I'd be interested in your definition of "normal" and what it's based on.

Meanwhile, I enjoy words, and English words have a multiplicity of meanings. Why limit yourself to just one?

Hey Conservatives!

SCOTUS is going to repeal Obamacare

charlie-brown-football-kick-o.gif

I do know the myth that men think about sex every second has been debunked, but I'd be interested in your definition of "normal" and what it's based on.

Meanwhile, I enjoy words, and English words have a multiplicity of meanings. Why limit yourself to just one?

First, projection.

Now, rationalization.

next ?.. Assertiveness??

:rofl:

First, projection.

Now, rationalization.

next ?.. Assertiveness??

Three words that might making a good beginning for an etymological discussion. You've been here far longer than I have, so I'll defer to your expertise. Which forum would a discussion of word origins go in?

While we're in this thread, I'd prefer to ask the OP what he thinks this new SCOTUS challenge would accomplish.

Nailed it

Which doesn't make me wrong. It just means "we're both right." Now, if you'd like to do a sidebar on etymology, that might be fun, but it would take us demonstrably off topic. Is that what you want, or was this just illustrative of the expression "nailed it"?

Wrong again skippy, "Nailed it" is a general expression of success, not a "sexual metaphor" which would have an exclusive sexual connotation. Leave it to you regressivecrats to attempt to move the gaol posts when proven WRONG.

Nailed it

Wrong again skippy, "Nailed it" is a general expression of success, not a "sexual metaphor" which would have an exclusive sexual connotation.

Your decision in defiance of accepted idiomatic usage to declare "it only means this and nothing else" is the exclusionary part.

What other idiomatic expressions do you feel need bowdlerizing?

Nailed it

Wrong again skippy, "Nailed it" is a general expression of success, not a "sexual metaphor" which would have an exclusive sexual connotation.

Your decision in defiance of accepted idiomatic usage to declare "it only means this and nothing else" is the exclusionary part.

Nothing, unlike you, I've proved my point.

Nailed it

So there's only one idiomatic expression you'd want to obliterate. That's hopeful. How do you feel about the Oxford comma?

Nailed it

So there's only one idiomatic expression you'd want to obliterate. That's hopeful. How do you feel about the Oxford comma?

I see you've decided to go with "Deflection"....

Apparently the new SCOTUS challenge is of less interest here than the OP had hoped... :(

Roberts: It's unconstitutional but someone threatened to release the pictures of the one time I visited the Barack H. Obama bathhouse in Chicago unless I upheld it

Apparently the new SCOTUS challenge is of less interest here than the OP had hoped... :(

Apparently you are one of those people that can never admit they've made a mistake. What is so hard about saying "I was wrong"?

Nailed it

And properly defining a term obliterates it how? Did you forget your morning meds?

Forum List

Back