New research: Men get increasingly stressed if their wife makes more

Really?.....

upload_2019-11-26_9-31-48.jpeg

My husband makes gobs more money than I do and it doesn't bother me in the least. Let that silly shit go and enjoy life.

I wouldn't be one of those. I wished my wife had a job making more than me, then I can retire.

I get stressed when I see women working.

I have to disagree. I think a woman should work. Who else is gonna wash my clothes and cook for me? I don't even mind if she works outside the home, as long as the titty bar she works at is pretty close, and it doesn't take her very long to get home when I need a sammich or another beer.

Men get increasingly stressed if their wives earn 'too much' money, study says

What man is getting stressed if more money is coming into the household?

Men are biologically programmed to feel like failures if our wives are bringing home more bacon than us. Tens of thousands of years spent as hunter-gatherer's so no surprise there. Regardless of what the fairy-factory new wave feminist outlets tell you, men have been and always will be built to be the primary head and provider of and for their families. I've got no respect for a fellow man who relies on the income of his woman for food, shelter or whatever. That is the path of emasculation; the path many modern men are all too anxious and willing to follow, right onto the couch in front of the TV. No thanks.

My husband makes gobs more money than I do and it doesn't bother me in the least. Let that silly shit go and enjoy life.

Why should you? From time immortal, the man has been the home builder, the provider and the bread winner. When I was growing up, it was embarrassing for a husband's wife to even work, it suggested he wasn't making enough to provide and wasn't doing his job, much less the wife work AND make more than him or he staying home.

I can see why a guy today might not care or maybe even want or need a wife to work. There is less emphasis on family and raising kids, and in many cases, the market has made it almost a necessity for many families to have two incomes to survive. The American worker is getting screwed. But I can likewise understand why a man might feel insecure if she made even more, especially a LOT more.

Men are biologically programmed to feel like failures if our wives are bringing home more bacon than us. Tens of thousands of years spent as hunter-gatherer's so no surprise there. Regardless of what the fairy-factory new wave feminist outlets tell you, men have been and always will be built to be the primary head and provider of and for their families. I've got no respect for a fellow man who relies on the income of his woman for food, shelter or whatever. That is the path of emasculation; the path many modern men are all too anxious and willing to follow, right onto the couch in front of the TV. No thanks.

I don't know that it is biological as much as it is societal. Despite the feminist movement and equality of the sexes, men are still viewed as losers by society if they aren't the provider for their family.

A man who wants to provide for his family and not have some feminist bitch making him jump through hoops . SOY BOYS make great house moms. OMFG

Agreed.

We recently were informed of a pending divorce in the family. The wife makes considerably more than the husband. I don’t know if this was the reason for the divorce after 15 years of marriage, but some in the family think it is.

Honestly I wouldn’t want my wife making more than me, but if it did happen I would learn to accept it. There are worse things to deal with in life.

How is that even possible, I thought there was this thing called a "glass ceiling" that always prevented women from making more than men ?

Forum List

Back