New religion: artificial God

Many things that we now have (smartphones, the Internet, flying through the air, flying into space), when they were told in myths and legends.
Science and technology has made these things real. I think that in the distant future, scientists will be able to realize the myths cited in the Old and New Testaments.
Namely, the Afterlife, Paradise, Hell, Purgatory, will create a god-like creature that will determine the souls of the dead in the Afterlife.
Perhaps this will be done with the help of artificial intelligence, with the help of access to other spatial dimensions and access at any time of the past time using a time machine.
Therefore, the creation of artificial intelligence becomes the main point of human existence. Many scientists agree that artificial intelligence can be created by studying how human intelligence works.
Hence, the main purpose of human existence is to study the work of the human brain. In the United States, the BRAIN Initiative is the study of the human brain.
If I had an extra billion dollars, I would have invested it in this project.
I wrote about the hypothesis of an artificial god to reconcile atheists and believers.
Far too many already have an artificial goD in tRump.

It doesn't make sense to me, G.T., since if the person is dead, he or she won't experience the AI hell, will they?

Of all the things we could do with Artificial Intelligence, creating a heaven and hell is the dumbest thing I can think of. Why would he want to do that? I'm probably missing something.
A couple things -

I agree, it would be a terrible idea, so many things could go wrong!

That it's possible... is what I thought made it interesting to talk about...

But the part about it not making sense to you - - no, the person is not dead in my hypothetical, their brain (consciousness) continues and only their physical body is dead. In other words, the "you," inside your brain moves from your brain into a computer, which is theoretically possible because our neuro-pathways are, in effect, electrical.
Okay, I get it. Thanks.

To me it's a terrible idea not because so many things could go wrong. It is a terrible idea because this mythical reward and punishment system of controlling people is so 14th century. We are going to charge into the future and go back to that?
The point is that this one's not mythical, and so it's a method of controlling behavior the same as the mythical one was...except not mythical but actual.

OL, people still believe in the mythos of heaven and hell and live their entire lives believing in it and behaving accordingly. I doubt that a veritably real one would work any less in terms of control, it would work well-better as the faith aspect would go out the window.

Don't mistake me for supporting the idea.

once this technology becomes available, it's of utmost importance never to let it fall into certain hands. holy shit
I'm slowly wrapping my head around this; early morning fog is slowly lifting.

"never let it fall into certain hands." That's the hitch with so much of our advanced technology, isn't it? The nuclear bomb is the first one I think of, but as soon as we figured out germs, we turned them into bio weapons. We figured out how to fly, and almost immediately figured out how to load a plane with bombs.
It would fall into the wrong hands for sure, G.T. Which is why I hope this foolish idea is never seriously entertained.
Well, they're already entertaining integrating your brain into computers - it's being worked on real time.

I've read a lot about simulation theory, which is basically that our reality is inside of a computer program already - but this OP made me contemplate a whole new level of fuckery.

The brains of all humans have been connected to a giant database for thousands of years. The old times called it "the book of life". That's how every man is judged by his works, It's nothing magical. It's the only way the old timers could describe it

A couple things -

But the part about it not making sense to you - - no, the person is not dead in my hypothetical, their brain (consciousness) continues and only their physical body is dead. In other words, the "you," inside your brain moves from your brain into a computer, which is theoretically possible because our neuro-pathways are, in effect, electrical.
Okay, I get it. Thanks.

To me it's a terrible idea not because so many things could go wrong. It is a terrible idea because this mythical reward and punishment system of controlling people is so 14th century. We are going to charge into the future and go back to that?
The point is that this one's not mythical, and so it's a method of controlling behavior the same as the mythical one was...except not mythical but actual.

OL, people still believe in the mythos of heaven and hell and live their entire lives believing in it and behaving accordingly. I doubt that a veritably real one would work any less in terms of control, it would work well-better as the faith aspect would go out the window.

once this technology becomes available, it's of utmost importance never to let it fall into certain hands. holy shit

"never let it fall into certain hands." That's the hitch with so much of our advanced technology, isn't it? The nuclear bomb is the first one I think of, but as soon as we figured out germs, we turned them into bio weapons. We figured out how to fly, and almost immediately figured out how to load a plane with bombs.
It would fall into the wrong hands for sure, G.T. Which is why I hope this foolish idea is never seriously entertained.
Well, they're already entertaining integrating your brain into computers - it's being worked on real time.

I've read a lot about simulation theory, which is basically that our reality is inside of a computer program already - but this OP made me contemplate a whole new level of fuckery.

The brains of all humans have been connected to a giant database for thousands of years. The old times called it "the book of life". That's how every man is judged by his works, It's nothing magical. It's the only way the old timers could describe it
I'm not interested in another Religious debate, today - I'm just kicking around a future of quantum computing idea because I find it interesting.

It doesn't make sense to me, G.T., since if the person is dead, he or she won't experience the AI hell, will they?

Of all the things we could do with Artificial Intelligence, creating a heaven and hell is the dumbest thing I can think of. Why would he want to do that? I'm probably missing something.
A couple things -

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

I'm wicked old fashioned, as you know, and something of a romantic, too, so there is no way I can understand the drive to put our individual essences into a machine.

A couple things -

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

I'm wicked old fashioned, as you know, and something of a romantic, too, so there is no way I can understand the drive to put our individual essences into a machine.
Humans strive for immortality. I think it's as simple a concept as that. All species do - the most basic instinct is to survive and reproduce.

The most common fear of humans is death and suffering. I believe the sciences are and will continue to hack our mortality rate based on that drive.

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

Humans strive for immortality. I think it's as simple a concept as that. All species do - the most basic instinct is to survive and reproduce.
When the lights go out, I'll be glad of it.
Not everyone wants to live forever.

That's just evident. Suicide and such being a thing, and all.

I don't have the disposition of being glad and ready to die, myself. I think my lack of faith in any afterlife makes me appreciate life a helluva lot more than if I assumed we're eternal.

"Not everyone wants to live forever."

I do.

well...except or an eternity of having to pay electric bills, water usage, taxes, etc...

Ya think?

I didn't understand some of 2001: A Space Odyssey, but I got Hal. I definitely got Hal. And I got Bishop in Aliens. A thinking computer that is perfectly programmed to protect humans. No screwing up and misusing intelligence like Carter Burke. So I guess I can understand the impulse to produce a machine that replicates -- but then improves -- us.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I didn't understand some of 2001: A Space Odyssey, but I got Hal. I definitely got Hal. And I got Bishop in Aliens. A thinking computer that is perfectly programmed to protect humans. No screwing up and misusing intelligence like Carter Burke. So I guess I can understand the impulse to produce a machine that replicates -- but then improves -- us.
I'm all for the folks deciding on their death on their own - and whether or not they're comfortable with it and opting out of any longevity options that science might present us. Conversely, those folks should offer the same, and not try and stifle the advancement of these longevity sciences.

Last, I'm sure both sides could come together in agreement that there's an issue that we agree that it exists, and need to address: misuse.

I'm all for the folks deciding on their death on their own - and whether or not they're comfortable with it and opting out of any longevity options that science might present us. Conversely, those folks should offer the same, and not try and stifle the advancement of these longevity sciences.

Last, I'm sure both sides could come together in agreement that there's an issue that we agree that it exists, and need to address: misuse.
I sure hope you're basing all this "longevity sciences" thing on some hope of yours to exist forever. It's not actually taking place, is it?

Ezekiel saw a wheel way up in the middle of the air. It contained a master geneticist named Yahvey and his associates.These old books refer to him as God. The elders of the indigenous refer to him as the creator.
Ten Commandants were the only laws designed for humans. Everything else written is control freak bullshit.Especially that lunatic Mohammed( piss be upon him) Yeshua explained all of this then when he was sent here to explain what God wanted done in simpler terms that the morons could comprehend..

I sure hope you're basing all this "longevity sciences" thing on some hope of yours to exist forever. It's not actually taking place, is it?
A simple google search would answer your question - of course it's being researched. Why would you surmise there's a possibility I might be lying that something is taking place when it's not taking place - when a mere peek on the same internet you're on coulda avoided doing that "maybe lying" thing altogether?

This is why I don't like the internet.

Forum List

Back