New powerful type of ocean wave generator

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
I bet a good wave generator that would take advantage of water's low friction level would be something heavy that floats that goes forward and backward with the ebb and flow of the waves. The heavy object could influence a generator that is fixed in place to the earth. The heavy weight moving back and forth on the water would be pretty efficient I think to the energy of the waves coming in.

The oceans are wavy enough already. I guess surfers would be all for it.

It's not that tough to make wave-powered generators.

It's just really tough to stop the ocean from smashing them to pieces when a big storm blows in.
I think if storm came in and I was using a ship as the weight, I would just doc the ship either that or try to take advantage of the more powerful waves.

river.png

Here is a poor image of another idea to take advantage of the fairly large amount of weight you could use to spin a generator. In this one the river entrance at 1 runs into the wall at 2 and flows through the circular system at 4. A ship at 3 is mounted to a turbine at 7 and spins the turbine as it goes in a circle through a gate at 6 that lowers and raises. The river exits the loop structure and goes back to its typical path at 5.

Forum List

Back