New poll shows Trump surging

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
He's gonna fade, right ?

Donald Trump hit a new high-water mark in a poll

Real-estate-tycoon Donald Trump's presidential campaign got some good news in a new poll released Monday evening.

The NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey found Trump with 25% support among Republican voters.

Republican neurosurgeon Ben Carson was close behind Trump, with 22% support.

Amid a crowded field, US Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) 13% placed a distant third, followed by Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) 9% and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's 8%.

Trump's 25% support is up from 21% in September, when the pollster last went into the field. That improvement, though slight, is notable, as there's been increasing speculation that his support is plateauing, and the mogul has angrily responded to questions about when he might drop out of the race.

NBC's Carrie Dann noted that 59% of GOP voters "now say they can see themselves supporting Trump," compared to 47% who said the same in September. A slight majority also said they could not see themselves supporting Trump then, compared to 35% who said the same in the new survey.

But Carson, Rubio, and some of the other candidates posted even stronger upside potential by this measure.

"While Trump leads when GOP primary voters are asked about their first choice for the party's nomination, Carson boasts the highest share of voters who say they can see themselves supporting him," Dann wrote. "Seventy-four percent said that they can imagine backing Carson for the GOP nod, while just 20 percent said they could not."

He's gonna fade, right ?

Real-estate-tycoon Donald Trump's presidential campaign got some good news in a new poll released Monday evening.

The NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey found Trump with 25% support among Republican voters.

Amid a crowded field, US Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) 13% placed a distant third, followed by Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) 9% and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's 8%.

Trump's 25% support is up from 21% in September, when the pollster last went into the field. That improvement, though slight, is notable, as there's been increasing speculation that his support is plateauing, and the mogul has angrily responded to questions about when he might drop out of the race.

NBC's Carrie Dann noted that 59% of GOP voters "now say they can see themselves supporting Trump," compared to 47% who said the same in September. A slight majority also said they could not see themselves supporting Trump then, compared to 35% who said the same in the new survey.

But Carson, Rubio, and some of the other candidates posted even stronger upside potential by this measure.

"While Trump leads when GOP primary voters are asked about their first choice for the party's nomination, Carson boasts the highest share of voters who say they can see themselves supporting him," Dann wrote. "Seventy-four percent said that they can imagine backing Carson for the GOP nod, while just 20 percent said they could not."

25% is not a new highwater mark. Trump is back where he was in August.

He's gonna fade, right ?

Better go tell NBC and the Wall Street Journal then.

Where is the surge? He's been at around this much for a while. How about we see him winning a general election poll and then talk about his "surge."

He's gonna fade, right ?

Ursidae evacuate their bowels in forested area, right?

Calendar check: 2015.

Election year: 2016.

"Surging" candidates, previous Octobers-before-election year:
10/2011: Herman Cain.
10/2007: Rudy Guiliani ... followed by Fred Thompson

Fade
to
black

Actually I don't see a "fade" as a probable culmination. Wouldn't fit Rump's character. I see an implosion. And very messy. At best he'll beg off saying he has to go catch up on suing people, or file papers for yet another bankruptcy. The monetary kind -- he's already got the rhetorical one covered.

The thing about Trump....

There may be 25% of Republicans that would vote for him in the primary.

But I can't imagine him being electable in a general election.

He polls as bad as Ted Cruz in head to heads.

Having said that...I never thought he'd get 25% of Republicans to vote for him, so who knows

• Over A Year Before 9/11, Trump Wrote Of Terror Threat With Remarkable Clarity
    BuzzFeed ^ | 10/19/15 | Andrew Kaczynski
    In 2000, 19 months before Sept. 11, 2001, Donald Trump wrote extensively of the terrorism threat the United States was facing. Trump, who at the time was considering a presidential bid on the Reform Party ticket, went so far as to say that an attack on a major U.S. city was not just a probability, but an inevitability. “I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers,” wrote Trump in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. “No sensible analyst rejects...

That fat Orangutan WILL NEVER be President..

And when he is flushed down the shitter, where he belongs along with the rest of his fanboys, I will be on here talking shit, and gloating, mark my words....

He's gonna fade, right ?

Better go tell NBC and the Wall Street Journal then.

Read the polls.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

In 2000, 19 months before Sept. 11, 2001, Donald Trump wrote extensively of the terrorism threat the United States was facing. Trump, who at the time was considering a presidential bid on the Reform Party ticket, went so far as to say that an attack on a major U.S. city was not just a probability, but an inevitability. “I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers,” wrote Trump in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. “No sensible analyst rejects...

Our Lady of the Roses Predicted 9-11 Attack Exactly Eleven Years Before to the Day...

Our Lady of the Roses Predicted 9-11 Attack Exactly Eleven Years Before to the Day...

I didn't know SHE(?) was running for president...On the Divine ticket, I would guess?

And when he is flushed down the shitter, where he belongs along with the rest of his fanboys, I will be on here talking shit, and gloating, mark my words....
I will mark your words. Although you may be correct. Hillary is a formidable foe.

He's gonna fade, right ?

dead_gop.jpg

So are you going to kill yourself if he wins?
You sound pretty invested...
No I have nothing to worry about, but hopefully the Tea Maggots, and other right wing extremist Groups, and America's Taliban (the Repugs) send themselves to an early grave, or die of Heart Failure when Clinton wins..

The Repugs should know by now after 08, and 12 you CAN'T win a national Presidential election with just the white vote..

He's gonna fade, right ?

what i really wanna see is a Trump/Carson ticket VS a Hillary/O'Mallery ticket in the three main swing states.

He's gonna fade, right ?

Lol Look I'll admit I was one of those people who didn't think Trump would get this far, but the only ones that should be embarrassed by this failure in prediction is republicans for continuing to support a complete idiot. You people really are dumber than I thought.

Forum List

Back