New Jersey man faces 10 years in prison for firing prop gun in film

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
People's Republic of New Jersey. Without government, who would arrest and imprison comedians for firing prop guns on a movie set?

A New Jersey actor faces 10 years in prison for firing a prop pellet gun while filming an independent film.

Carlo Goias, who uses the stage name Carlo Bellario, was charged with firing the fake gun without a state gun permit as part of the Garden State's insanely strict gun laws. In New Jersey, all guns require a state permit, even non-lethal airsoft guns like the one Goias was using.

The America I grew up in is long dead.

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

People's Republic of New Jersey. Without government, who would arrest and imprison comedians for firing prop guns on a movie set?

A New Jersey actor faces 10 years in prison for firing a prop pellet gun while filming an independent film.

Carlo Goias, who uses the stage name Carlo Bellario, was charged with firing the fake gun without a state gun permit as part of the Garden State's insanely strict gun laws. In New Jersey, all guns require a state permit, even non-lethal airsoft guns like the one Goias was using.

This falls under "common sense". A fine maybe? Sure. 10 years in prison? That's absolutely laughable.

He won't get 10 years in prison. Probably probation.
That's not good enough. He should not be charged with a crime at all since the gun he was using was not a real gun, but a prop. And the witnesses who reported him should have known that a movie was being filmed because of the cameras.

If Chris Christie hasn't fixed these oppressive gun laws by now (he hasn't), then he has no business seeking higher office, including Vice-President.

Gun laws that negate the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT of citizens to bear arms should be repealed.

Reserving that right to all except juveniles, the mentally ill, those who may be physically disabled such that they cannot properly use or maintain possession of the gun, convicted felons, those with a record of violent attacks on others and possibly a few other categories I have not named....is perfectly fine with me.

To arrest an actor for using a prop weapon to make a movie is ludicrous. But then again, it was in New Jersey. What else can one expect from New Jersey?

Last edited:
He is a felon who has committed violent crimes. That's why the prosecutors are determined to punish him. Once the criminal justice system (police, prosecutors, judges) decides you are a bad man, the system doesn't change its mind.

Forum List

Back