New House Speaker flying christian nationalist flag outside his office.

While Islamism surely provides many horrors, the biggest death tolls in history came from secular states like China and the Soviet Union.

Yes, those two nations hold the highest body count. But a nation run by religion has never worked well. Islamic nations prove that too.

Can you name a theocracy that was good for the people?
There are plenty of states that do have an official religion that have been decent in the grand scheme of things. Up until the last few decades, the UK was a nice place to live. They don't have separation of church and state, but their recent troubles haven't come from the official religion but rather a foreign one.

So, having an official religion doesn't equate to theocracy.

There are plenty of states that do have an official religion that have been decent in the grand scheme of things. Up until the last few decades, the UK was a nice place to live. They don't have separation of church and state, but their recent troubles haven't come from the official religion but rather a foreign one.

So, having an official religion doesn't equate to theocracy.

England was certainly not a theocracy.

But, thankfully, the US is protected by our constitution.

Yes, those two nations hold the highest body count. But a nation run by religion has never worked well. Islamic nations prove that too.
Again, run "by religion" isn't the same as run "with religion." A large portion of the non-Islamic world has official religions, and for many of those countries, it hasn't been a problem, particularly in parts of Europe.

England was certainly not a theocracy.

But, thankfully, the US is protected by our constitution.
The concerns that the Founders had regarding religion and state were valid, particularly for the times. All I'm saying is that religion connected to state doesn't guarantee disaster. It depends more heavily on the interpretation of said religion.

Again, run "by religion" isn't the same as run "with religion." A large portion of the non-Islamic world has official religions, and for many of those countries, it hasn't been a problem, particularly in parts of Europe.

Having spent most of my life in the Bible Belt, I don't think American Christians would be as open as some nations are.

And even if we did amend the constitution, which version of Christianity would be used? They don't share very well.

The concerns that the Founders had regarding religion and state were valid, particularly for the times. All I'm saying is that religion connected to state doesn't guarantee disaster. It depends more heavily on the interpretation of said religion.

And the people would have little or no say in how things are interpreted.

Having spent most of my life in the Bible Belt, I don't think American Christians would be as open as some nations are.

And even if we did amend the constitution, which version of Christianity would be used? They don't share very well.
I'm not saying we should eliminate the separation of church and state. I was arguing more of a philosophical point.

And the people would have little or no say in how things are interpreted.
That part depends on how the government is run. The Anglican Church has changed a lot over the years, mostly in response to changing views among the public (and the elite).

The founding fathers were correct in keeping religion from being hopelessly entangled with our government. All religions have the right to exist and people are free to practice them as they wish or NOT at all. And government support of ANY one religion over another is not allowed. These are reasonable steps to secure the peace. So called Christian Nationalism is a threat to that peace and security , even more so than radical Islamic beliefs in America by the mere fact there are more of them. There are many examples and versions of them on this site alone calling for more involvement of Christian moral values in our government imposed upon ALL the people. Sorry this shit just doesn't fly.
Unfortunately for you, that wasn't the goal it was to allow for religious freedom, not the government restraining it in any way! No one religion was to be considered above any other. The restraints were to be for the Government

Unfortunately for you, that wasn't the goal it was to allow for religious freedom, not the government restraining it in any way! No one religion was to be considered above any other. The restraints were to be for the Government
In 1789 I dont think the founders were thinking of muslims, hindu’s, buddists, satanists or what have you

It was just Catholics and Protestants, who were bitterly divided in europe, but not so much here

So called Christian Nationalism is a threat to that peace and security , even more so than radical Islamic beliefs in America by the mere fact there are more of them.
You really are dumb across the entire spectrum of stupidity.

Because there are more christians than moslems that makes christians a threat??

The only reply to you stann, is to call you stupid

Ignore the moslems killing, ignore 911, christians that commit no crimes or call for violencec are a threat just because there are so many

Stannis an old fool

Ok, let me try and explain it another way.

The American Flag represents all Americans.
Flying the Pride flag flown at a gov't building represents a smaller segment of Americans.
Flying the Christian flag signifies that the gov't is Christian. Something it is obviously not.
I do believe you have entered into evidence something that is logically inconsisten. If you were to be consistent, one of the following would have to be true:

Flying the Pride flag signifies that the government is gay.

-or-

Flying a flag from a group of Christians (there is no Christian flag) represents a smaller segment of Americans.

Which do you really mean?

I do believe you have entered into evidence something that is logically inconsisten. If you were to be consistent, one of the following would have to be true:

Flying the Pride flag signifies that the government is gay.

-or-

Flying a flag from a group of Christians (there is no Christian flag) represents a smaller segment of Americans.

Which do you really mean?

The Pride flag does not signify that the gov't is gay. It signifies that the gov't supports gays as citizens.

Forum List

Back