New H&K...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Thanks to Biden being elected, the price of ammunition has skyrocketed. Shopping for 9mm, .556, .45ACP and .380, I'd say it's damn near tripled in price from what it was last year.

The exception, though, seems to be .22 ammunition. It's gone up a bit, but not by the same degree as other calibers. So, accordingly, I bought two of these yesterday:

HK416-.22-LR-Rifle-1600x8003.jpg

Sure, it's only only a .22 round, but it holds thirty rounds. It also looks nice next to the two AR-556 rifles I've got.

The nicest part? It's only $499...

Thanks to Biden being elected, the price of ammunition has skyrocketed. Shopping for 9mm, .556, .45ACP and .380, I'd say it's damn near tripled in price from what it was last year.

The exception, though, seems to be .22 ammunition. It's gone up a bit, but not by the same degree as other calibers. So, accordingly, I bought two of these yesterday:

Sure, it's only only a .22 round, but it holds thirty rounds. It also looks nice next to the two AR-556 rifles I've got.

You should have laid in a supply for all weapons you own, instead of being a political schmuck. You should also have already invested in a reloader.

You should have laid in a supply for all weapons you own, instead of being a political schmuck. You should also have already invested in a reloader.

Hey, like it or not, guns started flying off the shelves on November 4th and the price of ammunition went through the roof. Furthermore, stores started limiting the number of rounds you can buy. I used to be able to go into Shooter's in Jacksonville and buy as much ammunition as I wanted. Now I can buy only two boxes of each caliber.

When the true insurrection starts, I'm pretty much good to go...

Hey, like it or not, guns started flying off the shelves on November 4th and the price of ammunition went through the roof. Furthermore, stores started limiting the number of rounds you can buy. I used to be able to go into Shooter's in Jacksonville and buy as much ammunition as I wanted. Now I can buy only two boxes of each caliber.

Yep...
Makes me glad I stocked up after the last ammo shortage.
I have 5k plus in 5.56 ,1k in .45 ACP.
Plus close to 2k for my new S&W 610 in various calibers,.40 S&W,10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
Along with at least 300 rounds for each of all my other firearms.
They keep claiming it's all the new gun owners that makes it damn near impossible to find ammo,I'm not so sure it's not the gov.

They started flying off the shelves during the BLM riots. Even anti-gun Democrats were buying. Proud boy and militia support of insurrection since donny lost ain't helping Problem now is ammunition hoarders. That is why we just bought a reloader. I am hoping primers are more readily available by spring.

Yep...
Plus close to 2k for my new S&W 610 in various calibers,.40 S&W,10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
They keep claiming it's all the new gun owners that makes it damn near impossible to find ammo,I'm not so sure it's not the gov.
It's the gov.

Yep...
It's the gov.

Thats my suspicion as well.

Yep...
Good job! I am in good shape, but cannot hold a candle to ya.

Yep...
It's the gov.
This would not surprise me, Mike. Do you remember when we were reading of huge ammunition buys for DHS, way way beyond training or qualification needs about the time I got on USMB, Nov 2019? Anybody reporting same now? Or are you suggesting Gov is curtailing manufacturing or both? What I am reading is that manufacturers producing at capacity.

Uhh no....Ammo should be readily available this being America.

The exception, though, seems to be .22 ammunition.
The .22" LR is definitely enough to kill. It's small, relatively quiet, and deadly, but not reloadable, because it's a rimfire. Heckler & Koch have caused controversy among private gun owners because of their policies of tracking and restricting sales to "police and active duty military" in accordance with a spirit of German laws and customs without regard to the right of the people to keep and bear Arms as enumerated in the United States Constitution.

The exception, though, seems to be .22 ammunition.
The .22" LR is definitely enough to kill. It's small, relatively quiet, and deadly, but not reloadable, because it's a rimfire. Heckler & Koch have caused controversy among private gun owners because of their policies of tracking and restricting sales to "police and active duty military" in accordance with a spirit of German laws and customs without regard to the right of the people to keep and bear Arms as enumerated in the United States Constitution.

I've purchased three H&K's; two of the pictured above and a 9mm... Nothing's tracked and nothing was restricted...

Yep...
It's the gov.
This would not surprise me, Mike. Do you remember when we were reading of huge ammunition buys for DHS, way way beyond training or qualification needs about the time I got on USMB, Nov 2019? Anybody reporting same now? Or are you suggesting Gov is curtailing manufacturing or both? What I am reading is that manufacturers producing at capacity.
IMO this is the great 22lr shortage all over again.

It's just like the toilet paper......it's cyclic...the fact that there is a shortage causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available...that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available..that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available...that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need...ad infinitum...or it will at least seem that way...

I think the reason 22lr is available is due to the same cycle...everyone it's stocked up on 22lr from the overbuying from 2008-2016...

Yep...
It's the gov.
IMO this is the great 22lr shortage all over again.

It's just like the toilet paper......it's cyclic...the fact that there is a shortage causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available...that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available..that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need when they find it available...that perpetuates the shortage....which then causes people to buy more than they need...ad infinitum...or it will at least seem that way...

I think the reason 22lr is available is due to the same cycle...everyone it's stocked up on 22lr from the overbuying from 2008-2016...
Hope you are correct and it settles down. My AR-15 build is coming along as part. come in and when warm weather get here, I am going to want to burn some ammo getting used to it. Hopefully we will not be reloading our own, but that will be up and operating before warm weather too.

“Thanks to Biden being elected…”

Wrong, this is a lie.

The ammo shortage/high price of ammo started long before Biden was elected, the consequence of dishonest, idiotic conservatives lying about Biden ‘banning’ and ‘confiscating’ guns.

It’s your fellow conservatives responsible for your need to buy a semi-auto in .22 LR.

Try finding primers. They are unobtanium right now.

Forum List

Back