Suspicious about this knife...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...440C steel...1/4 inch thick spine...full tang...10 inch oal, 5 inch blade length... tanto profile...$16...

...hard to pass on a knife I can't make for less (time not included)...but this sounds too good to be true...

Screenshot_2021-02-14-14-37-43(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-14-14-38-38(1).png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QPYHJF/?tag=ff0d01-20

What do you think?

I suspect not actually 440C.

...440C steel...1/4 inch thick spine...full tang...10 inch oal, 5 inch blade length... tanto profile...$16...

...hard to pass on a knife I can't make for less (time not included)...but this sounds too good to be true...

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

For that price what have you got to lose? I wouldn't plan on making this knife my everyday carry until I put it through its paces, but the reviews seem positive enough and tanto style blades can be highly effective for carrying out a host of tasks. I think I'll order one myself just to check it out. It could pair well with my Recon Tanto and Hissatsu.

tanto profile
Skip it. I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with that blunt obtuse corner in the middle of the blade, obstructing a smooth cut with any work I might want to do with a decent knife.

You can't even cut a rope without unnecessary fraying or whittle on a piece of wood without ruining something with a blade like that.

...hard to pass on a knife I can't make for less...but this sounds too good to be true...What do you think?

I can pass on it. All I need to do is remind myself the reason why it is so cheap is because it is being made by slave labor which funds our enemies.

As soon as I remember that, I gladly pay top dollar for American, German, English, etc., top quality steel and workmanship and labor, investing in quality materials and supporting skilled craftsmen making a better standard of living which boosts MY economy and that of an ally instead giving me a product I'll happily use lasting a lifetime.

...hard to pass on a knife I can't make for less...but this sounds too good to be true...What do you think?

I can pass on it. All I need to do is remind myself the reason why it is so cheap is because it is being made by slave labor which funds our enemies.

As soon as I remember that, I gladly pay top dollar for American, German, English, etc., top quality steel and workmanship and labor, investing in quality materials and supporting skilled craftsmen making a better standard of living which boosts MY economy and that of an ally instead giving me a product I'll happily use lasting a lifetime.
Try that slave made chinese beer. Yummy!

It's a Ukrainian knife company.

While that doesn't mean it isn't made in China...it's possible it isn't.

tanto profile
Skip it. I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with that blunt obtuse corner in the middle of the blade, obstructing a smooth cut with any work I might want to do with a decent knife.

You can't even cut a rope without unnecessary fraying or whittle on a piece of wood without ruining something with a blade like that.

Middle of the blade?
WTF are you even talking about? Cant cut a rope,cant whittle?

tanto profile

Seems like a deal for 15 bucks. Only one bad review.
For that price what have you got to lose? I wouldn't plan on making this knife my everyday carry until I put it through its paces, but the reviews seem positive enough and tanto style blades can be highly effective for carrying out a host of tasks. I think I'll order one myself just to check it out. It could pair well with my Recon Tanto and Hissatsu.
If it sucks you're only out 16 bucks.
I'd say it's worth a try.
Alright...I'm convinced.

*buy now*

Says it will be here Friday.

Thanks for the replies.

Seems like a deal for 15 bucks. Only one bad review.
If it sucks you're only out 16 bucks.
I'd say it's worth a try.
Alright...I'm convinced.

*buy now*

Says it will be here Friday.

Thanks for the replies.
Wait, what about us? ;)

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

If I needed a cheap knife, I'd probably buy one.

I'm still waiting on my Almazan kitchen knife.

Almazan Kitchen® Original Knife | SHOP | Almazan Kitchen

I don't know how many times I was wishing my chef's knife had a wider profile. Not just a little bit wider, a lot wider. More than twice as wide.

Like this

Stainless-2-Aligned-700x467.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

Thats Nice!!!!
I've noticed a lot of Chefs going with this type of chopper rather than the traditional butcher knife.
Might have to look into it.

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

Thats Nice!!!!
I've noticed a lot of Chefs going with this type of chopper rather than the traditional butcher knife.
I prepare over 90% of my family's meals at home.
I'm thinking that it's a much more efficient and versatile knife/cleaver than a traditional chef's knife.

I'm sure it takes some getting used to. Muscle memory will have to adjust. After I get it and use it for a few weeks maybe I'll post a review.

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

I don't know how many times I was wishing my chef's knife had a wider profile. Not just a little bit wider, a lot wider. More than twice as wide.

Like this

Stainless-2-Aligned-700x467.jpg

Just ordered one.
Looking forward to trying it out. Bought the Chef knife version since I dont plan on chopping down trees with it.

View attachment 457213

View attachment 457214

Amazon.com

What do you think?

Thats Nice!!!!
I prepare over 90% of my family's meals at home.
I'm thinking that it's a much more efficient and versatile knife/cleaver than a traditional chef's knife.

I'm sure it takes some getting used to. Muscle memory will have to adjust. After I get it and use it for a few weeks maybe I'll post a review.

I rarely use my Wusthof cleaver unless I'm chopping bone or other tough jobs.
This looks like a good combination of accuracy and power. Although I'll still use the Wusthof for tough chopping jobs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back