New Corona Variant, that might be very dangerous, spreads in South Africa

Horrid market yet Netflix soaring because it’s forgone that another stay at home lockdown will be ordered.
50,000 dead directly from Cividand Covid alone. You would have to be in a room of 22,000 people yo find one who will die solely from covid
THE biggest single indicator of the swindling of our liberty is the MSM and liberals continued ignoring of the distinction CDC made 4 months ago about “dying with Covid”(Approaching 700k) versus “dying FROM Covid (50k) “
The separation was never made and records were never changed regarding exactly what you pointed out….dying FROM or dying WITH is a huge difference that seems to have alluded those record keepers. Then there is the need to add in all of the fake Covid deaths, that were in fact known that there was another cause for the death but economic incentive determined COVID-19 was the cause instead of choking on food in bed.

The true death toll won’t be known until future generations take an interest. They’ll be referring to those of us alive today as Advanced Primates with Limited Knowledge due to Tribal Lifestyles and Lack of Ethics. No better than that.

Heavily mutated coronavirus variant puts scientists on alert

Researchers are racing to determine whether a fast-spreading variant in South Africa poses a threat to COVID vaccines’ effectiveness.
26 Nov 2021 ~~ By Ewen Callaway

Researchers in South Africa are racing to track the concerning rise of a new variant of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The variant harbours a large number of the mutations found in other variants, including Delta, and it seems to be spreading quickly across South Africa.
A top priority is to follow the variant more closely as it spreads: it was first identified in Botswana earlier this month and has since turned up in a traveller arriving in Hong Kong from South Africa. Scientists are also trying to understand the variant’s properties, such as whether it can evade immune responses triggered by vaccines and whether it causes more or less severe disease than other variants do.
“We’re flying at warp speed,” says Penny Moore, a virologist at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, whose lab is gauging the variant’s potential to dodge immunity from vaccines and previous infections. There are anecdotal reports of reinfections and of cases in vaccinated individuals, but “at this stage it’s too early to tell anything”, Moore adds.
“There’s a lot we don’t understand about this variant,” Richard Lessells, an infectious-diseases physician at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban, South Africa, said at a press briefing organized by South Africa’s health department on 25 November. “The mutation profile gives us concern, but now we need to do the work to understand the significance of this variant and what it means for the response to the pandemic.”
~Snip~

Vaccine effectiveness​

To understand the threat B.1.1.529 poses, researchers will be closely tracking its spread in South Africa and beyond. Researchers in South Africa mobilized efforts to quickly study the Beta variant, identified there in late 2020, and a similar effort is starting to study B.1.1.529.

See:
Virology SARS-CoV-2 Heavily mutated coronavirus variant puts scientists on alert

Commentary:
If this new variant turns out to be worse than Delta, like a number of scientists are saying is possible, there will be a return to massive lockdowns and restrictions on civil liberties. Especially if it affects the vaccinated like Delta did. So much for those vaccines. I appears they've done nothing to stop the new variant.
Funny isn't it, they've named it the "Nu B" variant - as in "Newby". Give us a break. We are not all stupid. It's the FLU!!!! And if you want to be specific - it's the CHINESE WUHAN FLU!!!
"Fear has a new name..." and Covid Virus is it's name.
I'm waiting for the CDC to announce the "Andromeda Strain of COVID virus" is so contagious you can get it by text messages. Fauci will urge people to wear quadruple masks, lock themselves in their homes for the immediate future and wrap their bodies in plastic wrap. Joe Biden swill appear in a hazmat suit to address the nation but is quickly rushed off stage as he apparently passed one of his rancorous farts while suited up fogging his visor and making it impossible to read his teleprompter.
Meanwhile, Joey Xi's bombastic remarks berating Trump for his handling of the Chinese Virus needs to eat crow.
Bai Dung has handled it much worse than any other president before him. especially since he was handed a vaccine before he took the oath of office, sufficient PPE supplies and respirators that were scarce at the beginning of 2020.
Surely a president with all the decisive failures he has provoked and presided over in the last 10 months does not deserve to be president.

Fauci's friends in Wuhan at it again

interesting …this sort of move was considered xenophobic by xiden last year

glad to see xiden and the dems have finally decided to start taking this seriously and reintroducing some of trumps policies that were working

Trump was banning people by RELIGION, not country, you stupid fuck.
That was against the Constitution.
Biden is doing it right.
And if ANYBODY ELSE had been POTUS in March 2020, I mean even a fucking road construction cone, we would have had far fewer deaths.

Biden is doing it right.
And if ANYBODY ELSE had been POTUS in March 2020, I mean even a fucking road construction cone, we would have had far fewer deaths.
China is A religion?

Biden is doing it right.
hahaha no he wasn’t. He banned travel from China due to covid and xiden said it was xenophobic

geez why are you all making things up?

Biden is doing it right.
Most of the trafficked are genuflectors. Is that doing it right? What would Jefferson say about this Catholic-CIA puppet and POSPOTUS?

I never said that about Trump.

Nice try,

I think you come on this board for the same reason I do: to gauge the ongoing, stupefying loyalty to a twice-impeached mob boss whose corporation has been indicted for bank and insurance fraud and money laundering and also tried to pull off a coup on January 6. These people's brains are just a few more mouse-bites away on the wiring before they short out completely.

A new Covid variant has appeared in South Africa.

This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning. Preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant, as compared to other VOCs. The number of cases of this variant appears to be increasing in almost all provinces in South Africa. Current SARS-CoV-2 PCR diagnostics continue to detect this variant. Several labs have indicated that for one widely used PCR test, one of the three target genes is not detected (called S gene dropout or S gene target failure) and this test can therefore be used as marker for this variant, pending sequencing confirmation. Using this approach, this variant has been detected at faster rates than previous surges in infection, suggesting that this variant may have a growth advantage.

This news has disrupted the stock market and airlines.

Announcement of new virus variant alarms world, as stocks crash and flights are banned

President Biden is taking precautionary measures:

Senior Biden administration officials announced Friday that starting Monday, travel to the United States will be restricted from South Africa and seven other countries — Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The new policy, which does not affect U.S. citizens and permanent residents, was enacted “out of an abundance of caution,” officials said, as public health officials work to learn more about the new variant.

<snip>

Still, major questions remain about the variant’s transmissibility, whether it might make people sicker and whether it might be able to evade vaccines or therapeutics.

The omicron variant was first detected in Botswana, but scientists in South Africa convened a news conference Thursday and said they had linked it to an exponential rise of infections in their country. Cases have also been identified in Hong Kong and Belgium, Israel and other countries.
So where is your outrage? Or are you just a hypocrite?

hahaha no he wasn’t. He banned travel from China due to covid and xiden said it was xenophobic

geez why are you all making things up?

He banned travel from China AFTER he had to amend his EO to ban people by country and not religion.

And I guess you fucking forgot about this little announcement, asswipe.

Donald Trump vows to ban Muslims entering US​

Dec 7, 2015

I think you come on this board for the same reason I do: to gauge the ongoing, stupefying loyalty to a twice-impeached mob boss whose corporation has been indicted for bank and insurance fraud and money laundering and also tried to pull off a coup on January 6. These people's brains are just a few more mouse-bites away on the wiring before they short out completely.
Stop, I can't stop laughing. Are you on your way to the Improv?

He banned travel from China AFTER he had to amend his EO to ban people by country and not religion.

And I guess you fucking forgot about this little announcement, asswipe.

Donald Trump vows to ban Muslims entering US​

Dec 7, 2015

Weird how he left the most populous Muslim country, as well as many others, off the “Muslim ban list”, huh Dumbass? :laugh:

Forum List

Back