New affirmative action/legal profession/Ca

cosimdm

Rookie
Jan 22, 2017
In recent years, law schools have been using "affirmative action" to admit otherwise unqualified minorities to law school. Unfortunately, after graduation, these minorities can't pass the required Bar Exam to practice law. Not to worry, the California Bar Association has a remedy. It is considering LOWERING the score needed to pass the Bar Exam.
The theory behind this is that these "unqualified" lawyers will practice in lower class neighborhoods, and thus make more lawyers available to these communities. Don't these communities deserve better? I'd call this "double racism"

In recent years, law schools have been using "affirmative action" to admit otherwise unqualified minorities to law school. Unfortunately, after graduation, these minorities can't pass the required Bar Exam to practice law. Not to worry, the California Bar Association has a remedy. It is considering LOWERING the score needed to pass the Bar Exam.
The theory behind this is that these "unqualified" lawyers will practice in lower class neighborhoods, and thus make more lawyers available to these communities. Don't these communities deserve better? I'd call this "double racism"

That's because your worldview is all wrong. You seem to think that the purpose of a profession is to provide a needed service, but you got that shit all backwards. A lawyer's purpose isn't fulfilling the needs of a person in need of legal representation. A lawyer's purpose is to collect a fat paycheck, and those douche bags who want legal representation need to stfu and realize that their place is to provide a rationale for the government to give that lawyer his fat paycheck. Nobody needs to pass a bar exam to collect a fat paycheck. I've never studied law at all and I can fill out a direct deposit form like a motherfucker!

Shit. . . I should be a lawyer.

Forum List

Back