Never tell me America is racist: An open letter to protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that its in there at all tells me the government endorsed slavery, therefore America was and still is a racist nation.

Guilt by association.

Your argument is invalid.

You completely ignored the fact that the government reformed itself, it admitted its sins and atoned for them, you seemingly are devoid of forgiveness.
How did our government atone for 181 years of racial hatred? When did it apologize and what specifically has it done to atone for it's sins, because some of the civil rights legislation is still pretty wobbly.
Why should my government "apoligize" for racial hatred when I had nothing to do with it?
You did have something to do with it. The United States government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people." If you don't feel any racial hatred, that's great! But you're still part of society, and our society has evolved from one that condoned slavery of black people. That's a fact. We all have to do what we can to get past that terrible legacy. You're probably not a racist, but there still is racism in the system that killed someone like George Floyd.

Are you African-American? Because I have to say that the only way you can make your claim credible is if you're black. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass.

Your arrogance and condescension are incredible.

I don't need to be an African American to have pity for the plights you and your ancestors were put through, but I will not have you revising history and telling me to accept it because "I'm black, and I say so." Nor will I have you impugning me for the color of my skin or for the actions of my ancestors.

If I know nothing about being black, you know absolutely nothing about being white.

Be off with that.
You do have to live the experience to totally understand it. The only one revising history is you.
Left-wing turds like you have been revising history for 150 years
Wrong.
Absolutely correct, douchebag.
The fact is you're totally wrong. And you've been shown that. Forums like this allow you losers to express your ignorance.

You did have something to do with it. The United States government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people." If you don't feel any racial hatred, that's great! But you're still part of society, and our society has evolved from one that condoned slavery of black people. That's a fact. We all have to do what we can to get past that terrible legacy. You're probably not a racist, but there still is racism in the system that killed someone like George Floyd.

That's a slippery slope made slick with the blood, sweat and tears of your compatriots in the fight for equality.

That's a slippery slope made slick with the blood, sweat and tears of your compatriots in the fight for equality.
That equality still does not exist.

What "slippery slope" are you talking about? Honestly, I don't understand what you mean.

Actually we have disproved every claim you have made. You're dreadfully ignorant.

I would LOOOOVE to see that.
You show us the date that racism actually ended in America and peer reviewed evidence of it's elimination.

Dates. And sure.

April 12, 1861 - The Civil War begins with the
Confederate bombardment of Fort Sumter. South Carolina.

January 1, 1863 - Abraham Lincoln issues Proclamation 95, The Emancipation Proclamation

April 9, 1865 - Robert E. Lee surrenders at Appomattox Court House

May 5, 1865 - Jefferson Davis dissolves the Confederacy in Washington, Georgia

May 10, 1865 - Jefferson Davis is captured by Union troops

April 9, 1866 - The Civil Rights Act of 1866 is passed by congress, but was not enforced due to lack of constitutional power by congress to enforce it.

August 20, 1866 - President Andrew Johnson declares an official end to the Civil War

July 9, 1868 - Ratification of the 14th Amendment

February 3, 1870 - Ratification of the 15th Amendment, opened the way for the Civil Rights Act of 1866 to be legally enforced

May 31, 1870 - Ulysses S. Grant signs the Enforcement Act of 1870, subsequently enforcing the CRA of 1866

April 3, 1944 - In Smith v. Allwright, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the "White primary," which excluded blacks from voting, was unconstitutional.

May 3, 1948 - In Shelley v. Kraemer, the United States Supreme Court ruled that lower courts could not enforce restrictive housing covenants.

July 26, 1948 - President Harry S. Truman signed Executive Order 9981, which stated, "It is hereby declared to be the policy of the President that there shall be equality of treatment and opportunity for all persons in the armed services without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin."

May 17, 1954 - In Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas, the United States Supreme Court ruled unanimously that "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal" and that "the plaintiffs and others similarly situated… are … deprived of the equal protection of the laws guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment." The decision outlawed segregation in all public schools in the United States.

September 25, 1957 - President Dwight D. Eisenhower ordered federal troops into Little Rock, Arkansas, after unsuccessfully trying to persuade Arkansas Governor Orval Faubus to give up his efforts to block desegregation at Central High. Faubus and a mob of whites were forced to allow nine African American children to attend school on this day.

May 6, 1960 - President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Civil Rights Act of 1960, which prohibited intimidation of black voters and gave judges the power to appoint referees to oversee voter registration.

March 6, 1961 - President John F. Kennedy issued Executive Order 10925, which created the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity and mandated that projects financed with federal funds "take affirmative action" to ensure that hiring and employment practices are free of racial bias.

January 23, 1964 - The 24th Amendment is ratified, abolishing the poll tax, which had been instituted in southern states after Reconstruction to make it difficult for poor blacks to vote.

July 2, 1964 - President Lyndon Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act

June 4, 1965 - In a speech to the graduating class at Howard University, President Lyndon B. Johnson frames the philosophy underlying affirmative action, making the assertion that civil rights laws alone were not enough to remedy the effects of past discrimination.

August 6, 1965 - President Lyndon Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act of 1965

June 12, 1967 - Loving v. Virginia, the United States Supreme Court rules that prohibiting interracial marriages was unconstitutional.

August 30, 1967 - Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to serve as Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

April 11, 1968 - President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Fair Housing Act, prohibiting racial discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of most housing units in the country.

April 20, 1971 - The United States Supreme Court, in Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education, upholds busing as a legitimate means for achieving the integration of public schools.

Want more?

I can give you more. Or you can bow out. Gracefully.

Last edited:

I disagree.

I disagree.
That's your argument?? "I disagree"??? THAT'S IT????? Care to offer any evidence, or anything?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I disagree.
That's your argument?? "I disagree"??? THAT'S IT????? Care to offer any evidence, or anything?

I just did. See my reply to IM2 in post #493.

Good day.

Are you African-American? Because I have to say that the only way you can make your claim credible is if you're black. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass.

I don't need to be an African American to have pity for the plights you and your ancestors were put through, but I will not have you revising history and telling me to accept it because "I'm black, and I say so." Nor will I have you impugning me for the color of my skin or for the actions of my ancestors.

If I know nothing about being black, you know absolutely nothing about being white.

Be off with that.
The only plight he's been through is a course in black studies at his university.
I wouldn't doubt that for a second.

Be off with that.
You do have to live the experience to totally understand it. The only one revising history is you.
Left-wing turds like you have been revising history for 150 years
Wrong.
I agree, you LeftWing Douchelords have been rewriting history since The French Revolution.

Be off with that.
The only plight he's been through is a course in black studies at his university.
Wow, from your response, I guess that you assume that I'm African-American. As a matter of fact, I know all about being white. In fact, I know all about being white and privileged. So why did you assume that I'm black?

I'm not sure what I posted that you consider "revising history and telling [you] to accept it because 'I'm black, and I say so.'" Especially since I'm not black. Is it so beyond your understanding that you can't even conceive that a white person could empathize with a black person?

Be off with that.
Wow, from your response, I guess that you assume that I'm African-American. As a matter of fact, I know all about being white. In fact, I know all about being white and privileged. So why did you assume that I'm black?

I'm not sure what I posted that you consider "revising history and telling [you] to accept it because 'I'm black, and I say so.'" Especially since I'm not black. Is it so beyond your understanding that you can't even conceive that a white person could empathize with a black person?

A white man who knows what it is to be black. I'm sure IM2 would love to hear all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back