Never heard of Juneteenth, have you?

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Why'd we make a federal holiday of something nobody has heard of?

And why is it called "Juneteenth? Who talks like that other than a dumbed-down society?

Did Xiden sign this for political appearances, you think?

And why do Democrats constantly distinguish blacks while claiming to desire equality?

syshhsnsjsjmskskks.jpeg

And why is it called "Juneteenth? Who talks like that other than a dumbed-down society?

And why do Democrats constantly distinguish blacks while claiming to desire equality?
I'm sure your circle of acquaintances had little reason to discuss Juneteenth, but it and it's significance is well known to the rest of the country. The name of the holiday does reflect a little ignorance. It reflects the lack of education that the slaves had been allowed to receive up till that point. What do you expect from people who had commonly been beat just for trying to learn to read?

I have no problem with this day being made a holiday. I just wish they had not officially called it “Juneteenth”. It sounds ignorant and stupid and downplays the importance of the event.

They should have called it “Emancipation Day” or something. Anything but fucking Juneteenth.

That I'm onboard with that for sure. As it's declared it demonstrates how severely dumb society has fallen over the years.

The dumber we are the more easily controlled and the more power given to Demonicrats.

If true another day off for govt. workers then fuck current standing government even more. While private sector is expected to work through snow storms and COVID fears for example, govt. employees sit fucking home, perhaps pretending to work if at all, similar they pretend to work at the office.

Do people realize how much time govt. employees receive as is, beyond treating them like the unaccountable pussified snowflakes Democrats desire? I worked for the State a time, try on 21 days annual, 11 Holidays & 15 sick days. Just annual & holiday alone I took off one week per month over a six month period. Now if you ask a leftist, they'll probably say that's well deserved.

And that's beyond the pensions they receive for their laziness and incompetence on the public's dime.

Last edited:
I have no problem with this day being made a holiday. I just wish they had not officially called it “Juneteenth”. It sounds ignorant and stupid and downplays the importance of the event.

They should have called it “Emancipation Day” or something. Anything but fucking Juneteenth.
That's what those newly freed slaves called it, and the name should be kept the same to commemorate them.

I heard of Juneteenth because I married a Texan and Juneteenth is a footnote of Texas History.

Nothing happened. No event is recognized, it is an unholiday. The only purpose appears to be another excuse for black angst because whites also have the day off and black holidays should only be celebrated by blacks.

This is as much nonsense as we should ever have to deal with.

I heard of Juneteenth because I married a Texan and Juneteenth is a footnote of Texas History.

Nothing happened. No event is recognized, it is an unholiday. The only purpose appears to be another excuse for black angst because whites also have the day off and black holidays should only be celebrated by blacks.

If you think nothing happened, you don't know much about Texas history.

I certainly do. Juneteenth is a footnote in Texas history. Absolutely nothing happened. There is no event to remember. The event happened three years prior.

I certainly do. Juneteenth is a footnote in Texas history. Absolutely nothing happened. There is no event to remember. The event happened three years prior.
A slave who doesn't know he is free isn't free. Until that day they were still under the control of the slave masters. On June 19, 1865, they found out they were free. That was their emancipation day, no matter what had happened elsewhere years before. Are you too stupid to understand that.

A slave who doesn't know he is free isn't free. Until that day they were still under the control of the slave masters. On June 19, 1865, they found out they were free. That was their emancipation day, no matter what had happened elsewhere years before. Are you too stupid to understand that.
Everyone else already knew. This is a footnote in Texas history. Nothing more. I understand that on this date nothing happened at all.

Everyone should have heard of it.
I read about it in school over 55 years ago.

It is a figure of speech of the times.
There is nothing wrong with using old speech patterns when referring to historic events.

There is nothing wrong with attempting to manipulate political appearances if they reduce future racism in society?

If Blacks are constantly being denigrated, then distinguishing them upward is the only way to promote equality.

Just because you led a ignorant life doesn't mean the rest of us have.

Everyone else already knew. This is a footnote in Texas history. Nothing more. I understand that on this date nothing happened at all.

I disagree.
The Blacks in TX did not know and the slave holders were preventing them from knowing.
So this was a BIG event in that this is when the slaves were physically freed.

Forum List

Back