Netflix: Inside Man

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This is a unique series.
Basic setup of the story is it revolves around a man on death row who has an uncanny ability to solve mysteries. Over time developed powerful friends and officials who used his abilities to solve mysteries where getting the police involved, is not the best thing.
So through the Warden he has visitors on a regular basis ranging from high office politicians to organized crime bosses.
I thought this was a limited series, but it looks to be an ongoing series.
We finished the 1st season last night.
It is pretty well done, if not moving a little slow, yet at the same time not putting a lot of effort into character development. You will get no back story on a single character. But not to discourage anyone from watching it... it is pretty good.

We enjoyed it, I as a little pissed we didn't find out why and where the head is. (I think I know why)

We enjoyed it, I as a little pissed we didn't find out why and where the head is. (I think I know why)
And Stanley Tucci is good in anything.
The reviews are mixed, the storyline is good, but flawed in fairly obvious ways.
What keeps you watching, imo, is Tucci and then of course the frazzled vicar, whose life falling to pieces, with a chained woman in the basement. You want to see what happens.
I think also there are too many characters, the story didn't need the journalist. She doesn't add anything interesting, nor is her role necessary to tell the story. I hate to say it, but she was probably added as an affirmative action character.

The reviews are mixed, the storyline is good, but flawed in fairly obvious ways.
What keeps you watching, imo, is Tucci and then of course the frazzled vicar, whose life falling to pieces, with a chained woman in the basement. You want to see what happens.
I think also there are too many characters, the story didn't need the journalist. She doesn't add anything interesting, nor is her role necessary to tell the story. I hate to say it, but she was probably added as an affirmative action character.
Stanley Tucci would be my reason for watching this series. The reason I haven't started it is that it will eventually turn into a death row inmate facing execution drama. I have seen way too many of these. However, the first season sounds interesting.

Stanley Tucci would be my reason for watching this series. The reason I haven't started it is that it will eventually turn into a death row inmate facing execution drama. I have seen way too many of these. However, the first season sounds interesting.
I don't think that is where they are going with this one.
The season ends with Tucci's character promising to solve a question of a powerful person, but only if his execution is stayed. I think that is where they will go, as there is no show without him.

And by the way - I love the message of the show. Essentially, there are no good and bad people. Only circumstances that make them that way. Tucci's character - "Everyone is a murderer, all it takes is opportunity and a really bad day".

I have not watched the show, but the vicar is David Tennant. My favorite Doctor Who.

Forum List

Back