Zone1 Neither Trump nor Biden should be our next president

As a reasoned person, don't you think the court best serves the country when it is balanced?
I sure do.
Right now it is a right wing period.
If a conservative judge leaves and is replaced by a liberal judge the court will still be conservative as their are 6 conservative justices.
If a liberal judge is vacated do you, even as a conservative want a 7-2, conservative court?
Of course not. No good can come of that.
Now factor in that 60% of the population is more left than right.
A court with such bias always at odds with the majority of the people will have no positive outcomes.

No, you can't vote based on having a 7-2.
That would be unhealthy.
Peace
The Court has 2 conservatives, 4 moderates, and 3 on the far left. Al in all it's still a left leaning Court.

But the problem is that right now one or the other will in fact be elected president for the next 4 years. Or at least it looks that way, but what an awful choice to have to make. The best I can hope for is some kind of split gov't where neither party has the White House and a majority in both Houses of Congress. IOW, gridlock. We've got so many problems that need to be addressed, but I don't see that happening unless we have a one-party gov't. Which IMHO could be disastrous if that party is the Democrats, so I just cannot vote for Biden. At least with Trump, he really doesn't have total control over his own party; do we not see that playing out in the House? He ain't getting what he wants now, so why will it be any different if he gets elected? Wouldn't he be a lame duck president from Day 1?

The one issue I see that is the tie-breaker for me is the Supreme Court. If Biden is re-elected and one or more vacancies open up on the court, he will put a progressive liberal on it. I would far rather see Trump nominating a more conservative person, whoever that might be. So, for right now that is pretty much my biggest reason to vote for Trump.
Its not a difficult choice for me

Biden is lacking in every way possible

The Court has 2 conservatives, 4 moderates, and 3 on the far left. Al in all it's still a left leaning Court.
The court has 3 liberal leaning justices, 5 conservative leaning justices, and one chief justice that leans conservative but is supposed to be a counterbalance.
In some rulings, Barrett has been serving as a second counterbalance.

Biden isn't much of a leader. Someone like him should never be president, meaning a do nothing centrist democrat who just pushes the status quo and doesn't accomplishes anything else for 4 years. However, if the choice is a 4 time indicted criminal, traitor and all around orange buffoon like Trump I'd gladly welcome Joe Biden with open arms.

Biden isn't much of a leader. Someone like him should never be president, meaning a do nothing centrist democrat who just pushes the status quo and doesn't accomplishes anything else for 4 years. However, if the choice is a 4 time indicted criminal, traitor and all around orange buffoon like Trump I'd gladly welcome Joe Biden with open arms.

Biden was billed as a moderate who was not a moderate. He was never a leader in his whole life and basically followed someone else's orders. The man is a joke, a bad joke, he oughta be a nursing home somewhere and the rest of the world is wondering WTF is going on in America these days. It really should come down to which party's political agenda do you support, not the man.

About Trump, indictments mean absolutely nothing. Everyone ought to understand that in certain courts in certain districts justice is mostly political. It's convictions that matter, like the 2 impeachments that were totally political and without merit. There was absolutely no proof, just a bunch of baseless accusations that were politically motivated. Now, I cannot argue that Trump isn't an all-around orange buffoon, and IMHO he shouldn't be our next president either. So, I ain't going to welcome anybody with open arms, but I cannot abide the progressive liberal platform and I can't vote for somebody who will advance it. Even if it means voting for an all-around orange buffoon.

Biden was billed as a moderate who was not a moderate. He was never a leader in his whole life and basically followed someone else's orders. The man is a joke, a bad joke, he oughta be a nursing home somewhere and the rest of the world is wondering WTF is going on in America these days. It really should come down to which party's political agenda do you support, not the man.

About Trump, indictments mean absolutely nothing. Everyone ought to understand that in certain courts in certain districts justice is mostly political. It's convictions that matter, like the 2 impeachments that were totally political and without merit. There was absolutely no proof, just a bunch of baseless accusations that were politically motivated. Now, I cannot argue that Trump isn't an all-around orange buffoon, and IMHO he shouldn't be our next president either. So, I ain't going to welcome anybody with open arms, but I cannot abide the progressive liberal platform and I can't vote for somebody who will advance it. Even if it means voting for an all-around orange buffoon.
But, fortunately, that doesn't mean you have to vote for an orange baboon.

Good news! You don't have to vote for either one. True story!

A vote for Trump is a vote against the complete corruption of our political and judicial processes. A vote for Biden is an admission that such corruption is an acceptable method of enforcing one's will on others.

A vote for Trump is a vote against the complete corruption of our political and judicial processes. A vote for Biden is an admission that such corruption is an acceptable method of enforcing one's will on others.
LOL. I almost spit my coffee all over my keyboard.
Trump is nothing BUT corrupt. His only reason for running is to keep his sorry ass out of prison.
Me thinks he's gonna be disappointed. :)

Forum List

Back