Need the old format back

BTW -- If you ARE on USMB almost exclusively mobile -- at LEAST try setting posts per page to 12 or 15.. Some of you will save 1/2 hour per day on USMB zooming and scrolling !!!

And USMB will get DOUBLE the page hits and you'll save money on eye problems.. :dev3: Dont forget to change it back to 25 or 30 when you're on notebook or desktop..

Tell me if SOME of your "issues" go away !!! :hyper: Pages on ANY site are not getting shorter. And you're missing nav clues and shortcuts OUT of the thread that are WAY at the bottom of screen.

BTW -- If you ARE on USMB almost exclusively mobile -- at LEAST try setting posts per page to 12 or 15.. Some of you will save 1/2 hour per day on USMB zooming and scrolling !!!

And USMB will get DOUBLE the page hits and you'll save money on eye problems.. :dev3: Dont forget to change it back to 25 or 30 when you're on notebook or desktop..

Tell me if SOME of your "issues" go away !!! :hyper: Pages on ANY site are not getting shorter. And you're missing nav clues and shortcuts OUT of the thread that are WAY at the bottom of screen.
Having no issues with zooming or anything like that, in fact the site works absolutely great in that aspect of it. I have mozzilla firefox android app, and the site was working great with the app. The problem is trying to post a post, and sometimes writing a post, and sometimes like right now the spell check ain't working (this is new).

Having no issues with zooming or anything like that, in fact the site works absolutely great in that aspect of it. I have mozzilla firefox android app, and the site was working great with the app. The problem is trying to post a post, and sometimes writing a post, and sometimes like right now the spell check ain't working (this is new).

I've heard that.. Need to fix it.. Can you PM me with a detailed description of HOW the spell check is going beserk? It's not for me.. It STILL just underlines stuff as suggestions.. I'm AFRAID that some phone S/Ware is now doing the equivalent of "keyboard logging" and second guessing EVERYTHING you type on that phone...

This is what I meant about YOU not actually OWNING that phone...

Would be nice to PROVE that they are "keyboard logging"... If that's the case.. You can go try this on at the library or some platform that is NOT mobile...

I can look and see if that's on the table on Xenforo -- but as I say -- they are "moving on" with TRYING to make this platform do 11 other things other than "message boarding"...

That suggests that it is well past time to seriously consider moving the forum to a totally different platform, then.

“Message boarding” is what this site is about,and what it is using the software for. If the developers of the software have chosen to neglect this function, in favor of turning their attention to irrelevancies, then perhaps this is no longer the right software to be using.

It's a shame. Before the Upgrayedd, this was a very good message boarding platform. It still is, although somewhat less so, as long as you don't want to try using it from a mobile device. I don't get what the point was of then lying about the Upgrayedd supposedly being about improving the experience using it from a mobile device, and then going to (deliberately as it appears to me) totally f••• it up as far as accessing it from a mobile device.

I've heard that.. Need to fix it.. Can you PM me with a detailed description of HOW the spell check is going beserk? It's not for me.. It STILL just underlines stuff as suggestions.. I'm AFRAID that some phone S/Ware is now doing the equivalent of "keyboard logging" and second guessing EVERYTHING you type on that phone...

Would be nice to PROVE that they are "keyboard logging"... If that's the case.. You can go try this on at the library or some platform that is NOT mobile...
What's keyboard logging ?? Could be something like that going on. Makes sense, and if so I wonder why that is ??

The spell check only messed up one time. Not sure what caused that. Otherwise when I type, the words are usually giving me three options at the top that allows me to pick the one most likely to be the correct spelled word, but one time it wouldn't even show the function as if it were missing. Haven't had that issue again.

some folks would bitch if it came with a hooker and a 6-pack.

That suggests that it is well past time to seriously consider moving the forum to a totally different platform, then.

“Message boarding” is what this site is about,and what it is using the software for. If the developers of the software have chosen to neglect this function, in favor of turning their attention to irrelevancies, then perhaps this is no longer the right software to be using.

They stopped supporting the older version we had BEFORE they announced all their new projects for this S/ware app. So we didn't know.. That's why we could not get new certificates to fix the "this site is not secure" issue until we upgraded. The upgrade did fix a bunch of stuff.

The spell check only messed up one time. Not sure what caused that. Otherwise when I type, the words are usually giving me three options at the top that allows me to pick the one most likely to be the correct spelled word, but one time it wouldn't even show the function as if it were missing. Haven't had that issue again.

Yeah -- our editors have ALWAYS done auto-suggesting, but now there is a combination of that from our editor -- but (seemingly only on Android) also lately there is auto-correcting.. Which our editor does not do...

Key logging is a spyware tool used by law enforcement and who knows who else to COLLECT everything you type.. Without having to tap into your ISP feeds or monitor sites that you visit.. So this would NOT be actually key logging, but the end effect is the same.

I just tried this on my Android tablet that's on Wifi -- not on wireless service and it's doing it there while my super duper desktop directly wired to the modem does not.. Which is more evidence that Android platforms may be storing recently typed stuff that they have NO REASON to STORE and "auto correcting" the text you type before it's even transmitted to our URL.. The implications (to me) are serious, but I'm not convinced yet.

That's my concern.. I've pinged the IT group to chat about whether I'm off base here.. But I'm pretty sure this recent "editor problem in mobile" is not us..

They stopped supporting the older version we had BEFORE they announced all their new projects for this S/ware app. So we didn't know.. That's why we could not get new certificates to fix the "this site is not secure" issue until we upgraded. The upgrade did fix a bunch of stuff.

Yeah -- our editors have ALWAYS done auto-suggesting, but now there is a combination of that from our editor -- but (seemingly only on Android) also lately there is auto-correcting.. Which our editor does not do...

Key logging is a spyware tool used by law enforcement and who knows who else to COLLECT everything you type.. Without having to tap into your ISP feeds or monitor sites that you visit.. So this would NOT be actually key logging, but the end effect is the same.

I just tried this on my Android tablet that's on Wifi -- not on wireless service and it's doing it there while my super duper desktop directly wired to the modem does not.. Which is more evidence that Android platforms may be storing recently typed stuff that they have NO REASON to STORE and "auto correcting" the text you type before it's even transmitted to our URL.. The implications (to me) are serious, but I'm not convinced yet.

That's my concern.. I've pinged the IT group to chat about whether I'm off base here.. But I'm pretty sure this recent "editor problem in mobile" is not us..
That is interesting, because if someone is key logging me, then how do you find that out ? Hmmm, but others are claiming the same issues, so could it be that it's coming from here when we interact with this site ?? When I leave here, and use search, email, texting or visit friends on other sites my phone acts perfect when writing text, but this place is the only place experiencing this issue.

I only ever experience it using this forum, from my cell phone. Usually using the Android version of Brave, but on at least one occasion, I temporarily installed a few other browsers, based on diverse underpinnings, and verified the same behavior on those. It only happens on this forum (which is the only one I have ever used that uses this particular software), and not on any other forum, nor on any other web site using a text input box. I really do not know how to describe the behavior in question.

I never had this problem before the Upgrayedd, but never failed to have this problem after the Upgrayedd.

From my desktop PC, it is apparent that this forum software is doing something to interfere with the operation of the text box. My sense is that someone involved in writing it doesn't like the way that some (perhaps most or all) web browsers handle editing in a text box, so he has put in scripts that subtly alter this to make it work more the way he thinks that it should. Apparently, it works as intended under the Windows version of Brave, and is only a minor annoyance to me because I object to the inconsistency of text editing under Brave behaving in a subtly-different way on this one site than how it behaves everywhere else. On my cell phone, this same script, or whatever it is, often messes with my typing in very bad ways. I cannot really describe, in any rational way what it is doing; you'd have to be here in person, so that I could show you.

———

Most of what I see is inconsistent, and difficult to reproduce, or even describe.

There is one thing that I can describe, in behavior on a Windows PC, that is easily reproducible.

On any other web site that has a text box, or even in almost any application that edits text (Notepad, Wordpad, Word, whatever), enter some text.

Now, highlight a portion of that text and drag it to somewhere else in the text box. It moves the text from where it was, to where you drag it.

So far, this behavior is the same, here on this forum, in a message posting.

Now, repeat the above, but hold down the Control-key while dragging.

Anywhere else, it will make a copy of that text, and place it where you drop it, while leaving the original text where it is, unchanged.

Here, in this forum, editing a message, it will move it, just as if you were not holding the control key. That is not what the web browser is programmed to do. That is not what any text-editing portion of any program that I know of is programmed to do. This forum—the software on which it runs is f•••ing with any web browser used to access it, to change this behavior.

Now there was threats by posters who get offended over nothing, that government is here, and it's monitoring the site. I'm not the least bit worried, because I've never wrote anything to be ashamed of or to worry about in the least here. If they are monitoring me, it's the deep state in hopes to set me up. Still not worried.

But I'm pretty sure this recent "editor problem in mobile" is not us.
That is interesting, because if someone is key logging me, then how do you find that out ? Hmmm, but others are claiming the same issues, so could it be that it's coming from here when we interact with this site ?? When I leave here, and use search, email, texting or visit friends on other sites my phone acts perfect when writing text, but this place is the only place experiencing this issue.

This just needs to be repeated.

Yes, it absolutely, undeniably is “you”, or rather the software that you are running here.

I think the evidence, from myself, and others who have experienced this issue, is quiet clear on this point. Several of us are experiencing this issue here, and nowhere else.

Well when I write something, and then go to post it, another page jumps up, I then have to hit the back button, and get rid of that page, where the post icon will be showing again. I then got the post it button again, and it might proceed to post the post or it will jump up the other page again (wash rinse repeat). Sometimes I've seen the post disappear altogether, only to have it show up in the next attempt to post something in the same conversation. Holding down to either paste or erase has issues as well. It's all really bad at different time periods, but in the late AM it seems to somehow clear up.

Any way to go back to the old format that was used with tapatalk? This new format is horrible and extremely low functionality on mobile devices.

Think it's bad now? I heard they're going back to the old, old ASCII BBS format of the 1990's. You can only access it by way of a 1200 baud modem on a dialup connection, and with a Telnet client running in Windows 95.

Am I the only one old enough to remember that?

:auiqs.jpg:

Prolly

Forum List

Back