Need a High Heat Glue

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Okay hereā€™s the deal. Iā€™m going to revive the old family recipe for Wassail this year. Its done in a slow cooker. It stays warm throughout the multiple viewings of the Christmas epic Love Actually.

The volume of Wassail necessitates the use of the big mama of the crockpot arsenal I have downstairs in storage. Here is the recipe in case youā€™re interested.

4 cups apple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
4 cups orange juice
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon Jalapeno honey
2 teaspoons whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
6 1ā€ pieces of ginger
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Cook for six hours. Then run it through a strainer that is suspended over a pitcher as often as needed to flush the cloves, sticks, and any seeds that are present. Return the strained mixture to the crockpot and put on low until all is consumed. Serve over a simple syrup or more honey.

Anyway...

Youā€™ve got to stir it a few times during the 6 hour process. To stir it you have to remove the lid. To remove the lid, you have to grab the handle. The handle is broken. The lid is glass and the handle is plastic. I need to connect the two. The threads of the inside of the handle are broken and there is this 3/16ā€ thread sticking up

This is a representation.

1699561642178.png

Anyway, I need to reconnect the red part to the glass and Iā€™m thinking glue is the way to go. Does anyone know a good heat resistant glue? I donā€™t think toxicity is a problem.

The lid doesnā€™t get too too hot but itā€™s a crock pot so there is some moderate sustained heat involved.

Okay hereā€™s the deal. Iā€™m going to revive the old family recipe for Wassail this year. Its done in a slow cooker. It stays warm throughout the multiple viewings of the Christmas epic Love Actually.

The volume of Wassail necessitates the use of the big mama of the crockpot arsenal I have downstairs in storage. Here is the recipe in case youā€™re interested.

4 cups apple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
4 cups orange juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
6 1ā€ pieces of ginger
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Cook for six hours. Then run it through a strainer that is suspended over a pitcher as often as needed to flush the cloves, sticks, and any seeds that are present. Return the strained mixture to the crockpot and put on low until all is consumed. Serve over a simple syrup or more honey.

Anyway...

Youā€™ve got to stir it a few times during the 6 hour process. To stir it you have to remove the lid. To remove the lid, you have to grab the handle. The handle is broken. The lid is glass and the handle is plastic. I need to connect the two. The threads of the inside of the handle are broken and there is this 3/16ā€ thread sticking up

View attachment 855859

Anyway, I need to reconnect the red part to the glass and Iā€™m thinking glue is the way to go. Does anyone know a good heat resistant glue? I donā€™t think toxicity is a problem.

The lid doesnā€™t get too too hot but itā€™s a crock pot so there is some moderate sustained heat involved.

Outside the box: suction cups (like those used to hang decorations on windows) to lift the lid?

4 cups apple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
4 cups orange juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
6 1ā€ pieces of ginger
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Anyway...

View attachment 855859

I used this stuff to re glue the handle to the glass lid on my wife's favorite crock pot 5 years ago. And it's still holding fine.

4 cups apple juice
2 cups cranberry juice
4 cups orange juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
6 1ā€ pieces of ginger
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Anyway...

View attachment 855859

Gorilla or Loctite super glue will do it.

Forum List

Back