Nearly 70% of Americans Support Ban on Race Based College Admissions Including a Majority of Blacks.

How is that the right thing to do? Affirmative action in practice means lowering standards for blacks.

We've been over this. No, it just compensates for white privilege. As I've said, I've worked with enough white people who were idiot nephews, boss's drinking buddies or side-pieces to know that merit frequently has little do with who gets hired. Connections, being able to interview well, and hiring a good resume writer have a lot more to do with who gets hired than "standards".

A company that wants more diversity needs to hire more Jews and Orientals. They perform well.

I'd never hire a Jew, and I probably wouldn't hire an Asian unless she was cute. On a side note, a company I worked for did have two Asians on staff, and neither one of them lasted a year. (The one lady said during her exit interview, "I don't care! My Husband's rich!")

I have worked with Negroes who owed their positions to affirmative action. Their incompetence was obvious to everyone. Their presence lowered morale. We did not like doing their jobs for them.

Oh, you are still upset that your boss paid that guy more than he was paying you! As I've said, I've worked with one person in that situation, but it might have been for her Gender just as much as her race. I've also worked with a manager who was fucking the regional vice-president and used that as an excuse to terrify the entire company nationally. I worked at another company where the boss hired his drinking buddy, fired a black girl to make a slot for him, and I ended up doing HIS job, her job and my job. Another job, I ran afoul of a guy who only had a job in sales because his daddy was the sales manager.

So honestly, I don't want to hear about the Affirmative Action thing, unless you really get rid of all the nepotism and white privilege first. The American workplace is not a meritocracy.

They are probably pretty much inevitable.

Why on earth are reparations inevitable? Where is the money going to come from? Last year the national debt reached $30,824 billion. That is 123% of he gross domestic product (GDP).

US National Debt by Year

---------------

Newsweek

Americans' Support for Reparations Drops​

Oct 02, 2023 at 10:44 AM EDT

Over the course of four years, American support for slavery reparations has dropped, a new YouGov poll shows.

In 2019, 39 percent of Americans said they would support paying reparations to those who are descendants of slaves. This year, that support diminished, coming in at 31 percent.

We've been over this. No, it just compensates for white privilege. As I've said, I've worked with enough white people who were idiot nephews, boss's drinking buddies or side-pieces to know that merit frequently has little do with who gets hired. Connections, being able to interview well, and hiring a good resume writer have a lot more to do with who gets hired than "standards".

I'd never hire a Jew, and I probably wouldn't hire an Asian unless she was cute. On a side note, a company I worked for did have two Asians on staff, and neither one of them lasted a year. (The one lady said during her exit interview, "I don't care! My Husband's rich!")

Oh, you are still upset that your boss paid that guy more than he was paying you! As I've said, I've worked with one person in that situation, but it might have been for her Gender just as much as her race. I've also worked with a manager who was fucking the regional vice-president and used that as an excuse to terrify the entire company nationally. I worked at another company where the boss hired his drinking buddy, fired a black girl to make a slot for him, and I ended up doing HIS job, her job and my job. Another job, I ran afoul of a guy who only had a job in sales because his daddy was the sales manager.

So honestly, I don't want to hear about the Affirmative Action thing, unless you really get rid of all the nepotism and white privilege first. The American workplace is not a meritocracy.

Where are your facts? There is nothing behind your opinions but wishful thinking and hot air.

Why on earth are reparations inevitable? Where is the money going to come from? Last year the national debt reached $30,824 billion. That is 123% of he gross domestic product (GDP).

Um, so what? Two separate issues, really. We can solve the deficit problem by making the rich pay their fair share, we just refuse to do it.

It doesn't eliminate our moral obligation to make up for past sins.

Where are your facts? There is nothing behind your opinions but wishful thinking and hot air.
I was giving you examples from 45 years in the working world... I can see why you are confused, as I put you at about 25.

American Negroes are better off economically than the descendants of the African Negroes who enslaved the ancestors of American Negroes.

The worst mistake European settlers in the Americas made was to allow the slave trade. We in the United States would be far better off if the slave trade had never existed, and if there were virtually no Negroes in the United States. The crime rate would be much lower. The cost of our criminal justice system and our welfare system would be much lower too.

Last edited:
I was giving you examples from 45 years in the working world... I can see why you are confused, as I put you at about 25.
Anecdotes are all you have. I could give you anecdotes from my life too, but they would be limited to my life, just as your anecdotes are limited to you life.

That is why I prefer to post data about the ways the three major races differ in average intelligence and behavior.

American Negroes are better off economically than the descendants of the African Negroes who enslaved the ancestors of American Negroes.
Depends which country you are talking about. Some of them are quite wealthy.

The worst mistake European settlers in the Americas made was to allow the slave trade. We in the United States would be far better off if the slave trade had never existed, and if there were virtually no Negroes in the United States. The crime rate would be much lower. The cost of our criminal justice system and our welfare system would be much lower too.
And no one would have stuffed you into that locker.

Anecdotes are all you have. I could give you anecdotes from my life too, but they would be limited to my life, just as your anecdotes are limited to you life.

I'd be interested in your anecdotes. I'm curious what the fuck must have happened to you to mess you up this bad.

That is why I prefer to post data about the ways the three major races differ in average intelligence and behavior.
But your data is all academic crap that no peer reviewed institution would support.

Again, you can find a Crytozoologist who will claim up and down that hes a "Doctor" and Bigfoot is a thing, but no university has a cryptozoology department.

The fact that you were stupid enough to do three people's jobs is your own fault. You should have done your own job and nothing else. I'm sure somewhere there was written documentation of your job responsibilities, that's all you should have done. I dealt with a boss who was harassing me just that way. I did everything by the book. I stopped taking the shortcuts that we all took to increase productivity. He was under pressure from his boss to increase my productivity, so I demanded that HE show me how to do that while following the rules. He couldn't do it and threatened to fire me for low performance. I told him to go ahead and make me a rich man, since I could easily prove that the targets were set too high because his boss had admitted to over fifty technicians that the company KNEW the productivity targets were too high in a meeting and refused to change them because "then we would do less work".

Last edited:
Um, so what? Two separate issues, really. We can solve the deficit problem by making the rich pay their fair share, we just refuse to do it.

You could take every cent from every person in the USA making over a million dollars a year and it wouldn't touch the $314,000,000,000.00 deficit. The deficit isn't a revenue problem, it's a spending problem. The only way to permanently solve it would be to radically cut the size of the federal government and pass an amendment forcing the government to spend less than the previous year's tax revenues every year. Build in an exception for declared wars with a one-year sunset provision that needs approval by two thirds of the voters.

I'd be interested in your anecdotes. I'm curious what the fuck must have happened to you to mess you up this bad.
Ad Hominem Fallacy

"Personal attack" redirects here. For the Wikipedia policy, see Wikipedia:No personal attacks.
Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion often using a totally irrelevant, but often highly charged attribute of the opponent's character or background. The most common form of this fallacy is "A" makes a claim of "fact," to which "B" asserts that "A" has a personal trait, quality or physical attribute that is repugnant thereby going entirely off-topic, and hence "B" concludes that "A" has their "fact" wrong -without ever addressing the point of the debate.

But your data is all academic crap that no peer reviewed institution would support.
How is this "academic crap?

Jason Riley, Columnist, Wall Street Journal“The black crime rate in 1960 was lower than itis today … Was there less racism or less povertythan in 1960? This is about black behavior. It needs to be addressed head-on. It’s about attitudes toward the criminal justice system inthese neighborhoods, where young black men have no sense of what it means to be a male orwhat it means to be black.”

Ray Kelly, former Commissioner, New York Police Department“The stark reality is that crime happens in communities of color … About 70% to 75%of the people described as committing violent crimes — assault, robbery, shootings,grand larceny — are described as being African-American.” … “The percentage of people who are stopped is 53% African American … So really, African-American sare being under stopped in relation to the percentage of people being described as being the perpetrators of violent crime.”

-------------

U.S. Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics

Based on available data from 1980 to 2008— Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and offenders. Th e victimization rate for blacks (27.8per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per100,000). The offending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000)

-------------

=========================
2006 College & University
Guidance, Scholarships, Money and Info Gateways
(For Students, Parents, College Advisors, Mentors,
and Cultural Groups)
==========================

SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity: 2003

In recent years the noted pattern of test scores has reflected similar numbers--
Editor, 2005

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• American Indian---482/480 (962)
• Asian American-----575/508 (1083)
• African American-----426/431 (857)
• Puerto Rican----457/448 (905)

Other Hispanic----464/457 (921)

• White-----534/529 (1063)
• Other ----513/501 (1014)

Source: www.collegeboard.com

Average ACT Composite Score by Race/Ethnicity, 2003
----------------------------------------------------

• African American ----16.9
• American Indian---18.7
• Caucasian---- 21.7
• Mexican American----18.3
• Asian American---- 21.8
• Hispanic----19.0
• Other ----19.3
• Multiracial-----20.9
• Prefer Not to Respond -----21.8
• No Response-----20.1

Source: www.act.org

The fact that you were stupid enough to do three people's jobs is your own fault. You should have done your own job and nothing else. I'm sure somewhere there was written documentation of your job responsibilities, that's all you should have done.

Saying "Not my job" isn't going to get you very far in any organization.

I dealt with a boss who was harassing me just that way. I did everything by the book. I stopped taking the shortcuts that we all took to increase productivity. He was under pressure from his boss to increase my productivity, so I demanded that HE show me how to do that while following the rules. He couldn't do it and threatened to fire me for low performance. I told him to go ahead and make me a rich man, since I could easily prove that the targets were set too high because his boss had admitted to over fifty technicians that the company KNEW the productivity targets were too high in a meeting and refused to change them because "then we would do less work".

And how long did you last in that job? I'm guessing, not very.

You could take every cent from every person in the USA making over a million dollars a year and it wouldn't touch the $314,000,000,000.00 deficit. The deficit isn't a revenue problem, it's a spending problem. The only way to permanently solve it would be to radically cut the size of the federal government and pass an amendment forcing the government to spend less than the previous year's tax revenues every year. Build in an exception for declared wars with a one-year sunset provision that needs approval by two thirds of the voters.

Bullshit. First, you wouldn't take it all at one time, merely a higher percentage over time.

No, we don't have a spending problem. In fact, when I ask wingnuts what we should cut, they can't find all that much to cut without cutting into Defense, Social Security and Medicare, which is close to 75% of the budget.

No, we don't have a spending problem. In fact, when I ask wingnuts what we should cut, they can't find all that much to cut without cutting into Defense, Social Security and Medicare, which is close to 75% of the budget.

- JoeB131

This ^ is well spoken.

How is this "academic crap?

Jason Riley, Columnist, Wall Street Journal“The black crime rate in 1960 was lower than itis today … Was there less racism or less povertythan in 1960? This is about black behavior. It needs to be addressed head-on. It’s about attitudes toward the criminal justice system inthese neighborhoods, where young black men have no sense of what it means to be a male orwhat it means to be black.”
Crime has gone up in all communities, not just the black community. Has a lot to do with the disappearing middle class, the proliferation of guns, and unaddressed issues of mental illness and substance abuse.

This victim blaming is a little silly.

Ad Hominem Fallacy

"Personal attack" redirects here.

It's not a personal attack, it's an observation. You spend WAAAAY too much time collecting these "Black people are evil" stories. It's not just being a garden variety racist who is hiding her panty-wetting fear. You are actually MAKING AN EFFORT to be a racist.

Seriously, what does it gain you? How is this making your life any better? It's not like black people are going to ever go away, so you are kind of going to have to learn to live with them.

I'm really trying to help you help yourself, man. I mean, other than few racists like Lisa, no one is terribly impressed with your debunked social Darwinism. So Dr. Joe is going to listen. What horrible thing happened to you in your life that makes you hate black people so much? I mean, as funny as my head canon about Jamal and the school locker is, you clearly are acting out of some deep seated pain.

Crime has gone up in all communities, not just the black community. Has a lot to do with the disappearing middle class, the proliferation of guns, and unaddressed issues of mental illness and substance abuse.

This victim blaming is a little silly.

It's not a personal attack, it's an observation. You spend WAAAAY too much time collecting these "Black people are evil" stories. It's not just being a garden variety racist who is hiding her panty-wetting fear. You are actually MAKING AN EFFORT to be a racist.

Seriously, what does it gain you? How is this making your life any better? It's not like black people are going to ever go away, so you are kind of going to have to learn to live with them.

I'm really trying to help you help yourself, man. I mean, other than few racists like Lisa, no one is terribly impressed with your debunked social Darwinism. So Dr. Joe is going to listen. What horrible thing happened to you in your life that makes you hate black people so much? I mean, as funny as my head canon about Jamal and the school locker is, you clearly are acting out of some deep seated pain.
I have never said all blacks are evil. I have pointed out that most Negroes are less intelligent and sexually responsible than most whites, and that blacks have a much higher crime rate than whites.

These are facts that have legitimate policy implications, but there are too many taboos and sanctions against drawing attention to them.

Stop lying. You know that this ^ is true.

White is a race and I really think there are whites who need to understand this and then assess what has gone on accordingly.

I have never said all blacks are evil. I have pointed out that most Negroes are less intelligent and sexually responsible than most whites, and that blacks have a much higher crime rate than whites.

Oh, that's better, how?

Here's some advice.

1) Stop using words like "Negro", it isn't the 1950s anymore. (The same goes with "Oriental".)
2) Seems you have some serious sexual hangups that you are worried that other people are having sex you don't approve of.
3) I've met a lot of stupid white people and a lot of really smart black people. Intelligence has nothing to do with race.
4) Crime rates are a result of our bad policies. Other countries, even the ones blacks live in, do not have these problems.

These are facts that have legitimate policy implications, but there are too many taboos and sanctions against drawing attention to them.

Yes, there's Common Decency, to start with, but I don't think you understand that concept.

Stop lying. You know that this ^ is true.

I know nothing of the sort. When I served in the military, I served with black guys who I would let have my back any day of the week. My guess is you probably never served, so you really don't get to lecture me on these things.

White is a race and I really think there are whites who need to understand this and then assess what has gone on accordingly.
Whites of European descent have created the most advanced, the most affluent, and the most humane civilization in history. Orientals are catching up to us. Blacks lag behind.

Human evolution has not prepared most Negroes for the social and intellectual characteristics necessary to develop thriving civilizations on their own. Their behavior is appropriate to what enabled their ancestors to thrive in the tribal environments of sub Saharan Africa.

Saying "Not my job" isn't going to get you very far in any organization.

And how long did you last in that job? I'm guessing, not very.

Bullshit. First, you wouldn't take it all at one time, merely a higher percentage over time.

I lasted thirty-five years in that job. That boss got fired in a year. You see, I complied with the absolute letter of the rules. Nothing could be done to discipline me, especially with forty-nine other witnesses to an upper-level manager admitting that the production targets were knowingly unrealistic. One of my problems with you is why did you want to stay in a job where you were being taken advantage of? Are you a masochist?

Forum List

Back