NBC News; Chris Rock's alopecia joke was racist

From a Black dermatologist, a Johns Hopkins publication

Take another look:
"Hair Loss in Black Women" But then it states, "Dermatologist Crystal Aguh, one of just a small group of dermatologists across the country" And what country is that? I have lived in Africa where there are lots of ... you know .... black people. I don't recall seeing any African women losing their hair - and braiding is an African thing, you know? Besides, braiding doesn't affect hair uniformly and so you'd expect to see hair loss in tufts, not the whole noggin like High and Mighty "can't take a joke" Will Smith's wife.

Bingo..... I think Rock was the victim of some underlying resentment that was born of a totally raunchy public revelation by Smith's wife about his bedroom performance. Something like that taken to the level of public knowledge this tantamount being stoned to death mentally and emotionally.
I'm willing to deposit that even though I detest Howard Stern, he may actually be right about the mental illness angle.

I am in no way excusing Smith's behavior because it is clearly unhinged. But he's clearly hung up on Jada and she has undone him over the years with the "open marriage" thing.

Take another look:
"Hair Loss in Black Women" But then it states, "Dermatologist Crystal Aguh, one of just a small group of dermatologists across the country" And what country is that? I have lived in Africa where there are lots of ... you know .... black people. I don't recall seeing any African women losing their hair - and braiding is an African thing, you know? Besides, braiding doesn't affect hair uniformly and so you'd expect to see hair loss in tufts, not the whole noggin like High and Mighty "can't take a joke" Will Smith's wife.

Okay well the white dude who lived in Africa must know so I guess I defer to him rather than the Black dermatologist and, you know, Johns Hopkins

Okay well the white dude who lived in Africa must know so I guess I defer to him rather than the Black dermatologist and, you know, Johns Hopkins
Your statement indicates that you are a racist. Do you realize that?

BTW do you think Maputo knew more about African wildlife than Diane Fossey?

Chris rock is a comedian. Any real comedian leaves nothing off the table.

Besides will was laughing at it until his wife turned on her bitch face and will went ghetto on him. It can't even be excused as a instant reaction. He was laughing, changed his attitude, got up, walked all the way up on stage infront of millions of people on live tv and made a conscious decision to hit Chris, walk back down and yell fuck at him from his seat.

There was no race about it, and rock wasn't belittling black women's hair.

But then again nbc will scream racism about anything for attention and to push the narrative further. If a bird flies by and shits on a black persons car I'm sure NBC would make it about race.

This whole "everything is racist" is actually turning me into a racist when I never used to be one.

Besides will was laughing at it until his wife turned on her bitch face and will went ghetto on him. It can't even be excused as a instant reaction. He was laughing, changed his attitude, got up, walked all the way up on stage infront of millions of people on live tv and made a conscious decision to hit Chris, walk back down and yell fuck at him from his seat.

But then again nbc will scream racism about anything for attention and to push the narrative further. If a bird flies by and shits on a black persons car I'm sure NBC would make it about race.
Right. Right. Right
This whole "everything is racist" is actually turning me into a racist when I never used to be one.
I understand and I sympathize.

No, the lack of hair on one.
They didn't and either did the woman who wrote the opinion piece.

Oh bullshit. This is not about race. It is about a man insulting another man’s wife based physical appearances and the other man defending her honor physically.

Bringing race into this yields nothing for US.

When you thought wokeness had reached its limit of ridiculousness.

Right, next up we need to know who in the audience laughed at the joke so we can cancel them...

Has Jada commented on Will slapping Rock?

Seriously, you have to know what's not racist today can be racist tomorrow, so a list would be pointless.
Indeed it will become necessary to set up an enormous government bureau funded by tax payer money and employing thousands of people of color with affirmative action PHDS in racism identity techniques and critical race theory.

Forum List

Back