NBA players speak out on relaxing rules against marijuana use

There is no arguing with addicts, no matter what the source of addiction. These are black guys whose addictions are meaningless. Let them take drugs, blame head injuries for their disintegration, and fade away to the graveyard.
if you knew what you were talking about you might have an audience....but you throw up too many tales that are just to hard to believe....

Tipsy's favorite movie :D

Has to be. Because the stuff she's saying about marijuana sounds like it came straight out of the movie.

There is no arguing with addicts, no matter what the source of addiction. These are black guys whose addictions are meaningless. Let them take drugs, blame head injuries for their disintegration, and fade away to the graveyard.
if you knew what you were talking about you might have an audience....but you throw up too many tales that are just to hard to believe....

Has to be. Because the stuff she's saying about marijuana sounds like it came straight out of the movie.

I never saw the movie maybe it had a point about how dangerous drug addiction is. You think someone is going to get upset because a bunch of black guys want to get high and then complain about brain injuries later. Nope.

You know, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor (DAPA) the last 8 years of my military career. What Tipsy is describing is more indicative of someone with an alcohol problem, and not marijuana.
she could see a person who does alcohol,meth and heroin and smokes pot ..when he od's and dies....she will only mention that he smoked pot and thats why he died....

I never saw the movie maybe it had a point about how dangerous drug addiction is. You think someone is going to get upset because a bunch of black guys want to get high and then complain about brain injuries later. Nope.

Not all substances are equal. Some are more dangerous than others, which is why there are different Schedules for different substances. Marijuana was classified as Schedule I by Anslinger, but they did zero research on it before scheduling marijuana. If they had actually done research on it, they would have figured out it should be Schedule III or lower, not Schedule I.

Schedule I drugs are those that are classified as highly addictive with no medical value whatsoever. Marijuana has been proven to not be physically addictive in any way, as well as has many medical benefits.

The only reason Anslinger got it made illegal in the first place is because he hated black and brown people who were the main consumers of marijuana at the time, and he got backing from Dupont and Hearst, who had property holdings and research that was in direct competition with cannabis and hemp.

By the way.....................alcohol damages the body far more than marijuana ever thought about.

so why are you still here babbling?.....thats twice now you mentioned this....

And some of the greatest literaries and musicians in history were drunks.
You want children to emulate potheads. There is a place in hell for your ilk.
I want them to do great things. If they want to smoke pot when they grow up, well, at least they’re using the safest drug in existence instead of the far more dangerous legal drugs that you support. Burn in hell, you inbred trash.
I don’t wish evil on children. You do.
Pot Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths
Of course you do. As a republican, you support slashing funding for programs that help keep youths off the street and helps them with addiction. As a republican, you support big pharma spreading opioids throughout the country. As a republican, you oppose the safest alternative to alcohol and painkillers that has ever existed.

You are again, sadly, on the wrong side of history. So no point really in further discussion.
I’m no Republican. I’m anti-democrat. Much of the opioid problem is heroin.
I’d bet $100 per opioid death that the victim started on pot. I’d be rich in short order.

You wouldn't end up with much money since damn near every single on of those opium deaths were addictions originally fueled by legally prescribed pain medications.
No, it’s heroin. And you can be sure they smoked pot first.

I want them to do great things. If they want to smoke pot when they grow up, well, at least they’re using the safest drug in existence instead of the far more dangerous legal drugs that you support. Burn in hell, you inbred trash.
Of course you do. As a republican, you support slashing funding for programs that help keep youths off the street and helps them with addiction. As a republican, you support big pharma spreading opioids throughout the country. As a republican, you oppose the safest alternative to alcohol and painkillers that has ever existed.

You are again, sadly, on the wrong side of history. So no point really in further discussion.
I’d bet $100 per opioid death that the victim started on pot. I’d be rich in short order.

You wouldn't end up with much money since damn near every single on of those opium deaths were addictions originally fueled by legally prescribed pain medications.

No, you can't. Most people who smoke marijuana are content to stick with that, because a lot of them DON'T like needles

By the way, marijuana doesn't make you lower your inhibitions. If you wouldn't do something sober, you won't do it while you are stoned. But, you would actually have to smoke marijuana to know that.

Alcohol on the other hand lowers inhibitions in as little as 2 drinks.

No, you can't. Most people who smoke marijuana are content to stick with that, because a lot of them DON'T like needles

By the way, marijuana doesn't make you lower your inhibitions. If you wouldn't do something sober, you won't do it while you are stoned. But, you would actually have to smoke marijuana to know that.

I referred to opioid deaths, not pot smokers. You can be sure opioid abusers smoked pot first.

I have hard evidence that 95% of heroin users drank a glass of milk prior to becoming addicted.

Milk = Gateway Drug .. right? :rolleyes-41:

Yep, the other fake news is that pot makes you more violent, aggressive or likely to commit a crime. Nope that'd be alcohol -

Hell, I learned that from an attorney friend back in the 1970s.

lets see you prove that.....how many smoked cigarettes first?...did alcohol?....did other hard drugs first?.....

I referred to opioid deaths, not pot smokers. You can be sure opioid abusers smoked pot first.

Wrong. I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor in the military for 8 years, and I kinda had to know about stuff like that. People who are hooked on heroin started off with prescribed opiates. Why do they turn to heroin when the doctor shuts down their 'script? Because heroin and opiates come from the same source (opium poppy sap) and both have the same effects, which is why they turn to heroin.

How much training did you have in drugs and alcohol?

I have hard evidence that 95% of heroin users drank a glass of milk prior to becoming addicted.

The “gateway drug” argument is such complete bullshit. You could literally label anything in the world as being a gateway. The pants-shitting crowd that still believes Reefer Madness has been wrong for a century and people are waking up to their tyranny and bullshit.

Yep, the other fake news is that pot makes you more violent, aggressive or likely to commit a crime. Nope that'd be alcohol -

From 1999 to 2004, I worked in a biker bar here in Amarillo, and one of the things that the owner allowed was for people to smoke out in the back parking lot.

People who only smoked marijuana? They ate, laughed, were fun to be around and really good tippers. Never had to watch them closely at all.

People who only drank? Certain ones I had to start watching after about 4 beers, because they would start to act wild and sometimes would get out of hand.

People who smoked and drank? Depends on the person. If they smoked more than they drank, I didn't have to worry much. If they drank more than they smoked, I had to start watching them when they hit 4 beers or so.

People who tried to do hard drugs there? They were offered the chance to play bar room pinball, meaning that they would be shown the door by bouncing them off of every pole on the way to the door. And, it was usually the people who hung out there who caught them and showed them the door.

The “gateway drug” argument is such complete bullshit. You could literally label anything in the world as being a gateway. The pants-shitting crowd that still believes Reefer Madness has been wrong for a century and people are waking up to their tyranny and bullshit.

Actually, I think a "gateway drug" is one that affects your judgement and lowers your inhibitions, making you more suggestible to doing stupid stuff.

And, the true gateway drug is alcohol, because after a few drinks, you're apt to try just about anything if you're drunk enough. We've all heard stories (or in some cases told them) about stupid behavior of people when they are drunk. They go home with people they normally wouldn't, say and do things they wouldn't do sober, etc.

[

most people know that just from going to parties......alcohol for some reason brings the cops....

From 1999 to 2004, I worked in a biker bar here in Amarillo, and one of the things that the owner allowed was for people to smoke out in the back parking lot.

People who only smoked marijuana? They ate, laughed, were fun to be around and really good tippers. Never had to watch them closely at all.

People who only drank? Certain ones I had to start watching after about 4 beers, because they would start to act wild and sometimes would get out of hand.

People who smoked and drank? Depends on the person. If they smoked more than they drank, I didn't have to worry much. If they drank more than they smoked, I had to start watching them when they hit 4 beers or so.

People who tried to do hard drugs there? They were offered the chance to play bar room pinball, meaning that they would be shown the door by bouncing them off of every pole on the way to the door. And, it was usually the people who hung out there who caught them and showed them the door.

Right on target as to my observations. I've rarely drank and smoked simultaneously - Just makes me dizzy. For me, it's one or the other.

Which begs the question: Would you rather be around a sloppy drunk or one who's had a bit too much to smoke?

This one's a DUH - Sloppy drunks are dangerous and often boring. The guy who took a few too many tokes is about as docile as can be - even funny on occasion.

Throw on some Comedy Central. Colbert or SNL and get the latter some Oreos and a glass of milk - they'll be fine in a short while.

Right on target as to my observations. I've rarely drank and smoked simultaneously - Just makes me dizzy. For me, it's one or the other.

Which begs the question: Would you rather be around a sloppy drunk or one who's had a bit too much to smoke?

This one's a DUH - Sloppy drunks are dangerous and often boring. The guy who took a few too many tokes is about as docile as can be - even funny on occasion.

Throw on some Comedy Central. Colbert or SNL and get the latter some Oreos and a glass of milk - they'll be fine in a short while.

I'd much rather be around someone who is really stoned than someone who is a sloppy drunk. Stoned people are more careful of their movements when they are walking, but drunks just bump into everything.

And yeah, you're right about the milk and cookies. Found out about that little trick on my 38th birthday when my friends got me so stoned I was basically just a puddle. I'd be sitting watching the band, and someone would come up to me and say "hey, lets go out back and burn one". After about the 7th or 8th person had helped me "celebrate" my birthday, I was just a pile of goo and couldn't hardly move. One of my friends went and got me a piece of cake and told me to eat it. 30 min. after that, I was back to being right as rain. I found it really interesting that you could counter the effects of marijuana with high sugar foods.

You must be a left winger because of your lack of basic math skills. You must now compare your control groups to all milk drinkers. What a dumbass.

Forum List

Back