NBA MVP

I wish they would name the regular season MVP at the end of the regular season. Feels like what happens in the first round might factor in to who people vote for. Not saying that happened this year but it just feels like they should name the regular season MVP before the playoffs start.

That's not asking a question. That's making a statement.
God I love the NBA. Sometimes I root for these guys sometimes I don't. But I should thank them all. Even Meta World Peace. He provided me with such entertainment. And Draymond Green. He puts in max effort. What happened to him last night did he even play? I fell asleep. Didn't hear one mention of him on Sportcenter this morning. I did hear someone say he's too small to deal with Antony Davis. And their other big isn't fast enough.
Since Draymon doesnst primarily cover AD......
God I hope Lebron doesn't win another one. If he does I might start being open to calling him the GOAT.

Even though, Lebron went to 10 finals and won 4. So he lost 6 times. Jordan won 6 times. I'm sure if Jordan and Lebron played each other, Lebron would be 0 and 6 just like everyone else was.
Why is losing earlier in the post season tournament seen as better than later? You can make the argument that the 6 championships are better than the 4 but it makes no logical sense to say that not going to the finals is better than making it and losing.

I'm asking asshole! Thank you for enlightening me. Good to know.

Again. For someone who claims to love a sport you seem wildly uninformed about it.

Why is losing earlier in the post season tournament seen as better than later? You can make the argument that the 6 championships are better than the 4 but it makes no logical sense to say that not going to the finals is better than making it and losing.

Again. For someone who claims to love a sport you seem wildly uninformed about it.
They didn't name them at the end of the regular season. They named them last night. So I wasn't wrong. Huh.

I love it but my nephew, and you, clearly know a lot more than I do. So what? Get over yourself. It's just sports.

Yes, I give Lebron credit for going to the finals and losing. That is a good point. I'm just saying if he played the bulls, on any of the teams he won with, those teams would have lost to Jordan and his bulls teams.

I wonder if Golden State would have beat the Bulls, not the Lebron Heat, Cavs or Lakers.

I love it but my nephew, and you, clearly know a lot more than I do. So what? Get over yourself. It's just sports.

Yes, I give Lebron credit for going to the finals and losing. That is a good point. I'm just saying if he played the bulls, on any of the teams he won with, those teams would have lost to Jordan and his bulls teams.

I wonder if Golden State would have beat the Bulls, not the Lebron Heat, Cavs or Lakers.
Based on what? Conjecture? You're saying Lebron, DWade and Bosch werent as good/better than Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? Who on the Bull's team was going to cover AD? Luke Longley? Rodman? Who was going to cover LeBron?

I loved watching MJ. But he never took a team anywhere near the finals until he had a ton of help.

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

That was the first team LeBron took to the finals.

Based on what? Conjecture? You're saying Lebron, DWade and Bosch werent as good/better than Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? Who on the Bull's team was going to cover AD? Luke Longley? Rodman? Who was going to cover LeBron?

I loved watching MJ. But he never took a team anywhere near the finals until he had a ton of help.

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

I base my feeling Jordan would have owned Lebron by how Lebron won championships. Only beat Golden State because Draymond Green got suspended for games 5 and 6. Lebron was down 3 to 1 when that happened. I bet Curry and the rest of those guys secretly hate Green but they need him to win so they put up with it. Didn't he punch Poole at the beginning of the season? Which is why Poole put up that air ball last night. LOL.

If I were Poole, I would sucker punch Green the minute they get knocked out of the playoffs. On national TV.

Lebron had to go to Miami and join another team. Jordan didn't have to go cherry pick an already good team. He built the Bulls and once he started winning, he didn't stop. Took 2 years off in between but when he came back, won 3 again??? That was amazing. God I hated him back then but now looking back, he owned the league. Akeem Alajuwan was lucky he took 2 years off otherwise he wouldn't have 2 rings.

And I remember Lebron getting cramps in the finals. Sad. But then I remember Jordan winning despite having the flu.

So it's the way Jordan won his 6. Impressively. Was Lebron's 1 championship in the bubble impressive? I don't even remember it.

So 2 with the Heat, 1 with Cleveland and 1 with the Lakers. He needs 2 more. God I hope he doesn't win it all this year. But if he does, YES I will give him a lot of credit. After all these years he's still got it. The young guys in the league disrespect him and they get embarrassed.

1683144620241.jpeg

I'll say this. If Lebron wins this year, it will be his most impressive championship. He will have proved me wrong. It will remind me of when people said Tiger wouldn't win another major and then he did.

I guess when you watch a guy fail in the finals 6 times it's hard to say he's better than Jordan who you NEVER saw fail. Don't count before and after. Before he wasn't ready. After he was

Referred to as "the greatest basketball player of all time" by the official NBA website, he played fifteen seasons in the NBA, winning six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls.

Mike, Air Jordan, M.J., His Airness, Money, Black Cat, Mr. June, G.O.A.T., Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Jesus

Don't judge MJ before he learned how to win or when he played on the Wizards. He was old by then.

Jordan played 4 years in college. Lebron didn't. If Jordan had 4 more good years in the league, who knows how many more rings he would have.

Lastly. Jordan only had role players. Kerr for 3 point shooting, Rodman for rebounding. And Rodman wasn't on every Bulls championship team. I'm impressed Jordan won with Luc Longley and Tony Kukoch. Those guys weren't studs but they did their roles well. Perhaps Lebron's role players let him down where Jordan's didn't? That's because Jordan was a better leader. A winner. More competitive than Lebron.

I love your insightful replies. Yea, I talk when I don't know what I'm talking about. I love to hear how/why/when I'm wrong. I can be convinced Lebron is the GOAT for a lot of reasons. But still, right now, imo, it's still Jordan.

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

Offensively, are you saying when you need to score you give the ball to Lebron not Jordan? Bullshit.

Then there's this

Here are the 10 best defensive players in the history of the NBA.
  • #8 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. ...
  • #7 – Dikembe Mutombo. ...
  • #6 – David Robinson. ...
  • #5 – Scottie Pippen. ...
  • #4 – Bill Russell. ...
  • #3 – Dennis Rodman. ...
  • #2 – Michael Jordan. ...
  • #1 – Hakeem Olajuwon.
Jordan is on the list and Lebron isn't.

Jordan has more rings in less years.

There's no question..

But, I take Jordan and Pippen. You get Lebron and the next 4 picks. Pick your best 4 to play with Lebron. Then I will pick the 3 guys to go with Jordan and Pippen. PICK!

Offensively, are you saying when you need to score you give the ball to Lebron not Jordan? Bullshit.

Then there's this

Here are the 10 best defensive players in the history of the NBA.
  • #8 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. ...
  • #7 – Dikembe Mutombo. ...
  • #6 – David Robinson. ...
  • #5 – Scottie Pippen. ...
  • #4 – Bill Russell. ...
  • #3 – Dennis Rodman. ...
  • #2 – Michael Jordan. ...
  • #1 – Hakeem Olajuwon.
Jordan is on the list and Lebron isn't.

Jordan has more rings in less years.

There's no question..

But, I take Jordan and Pippen. You get Lebron and the next 4 picks. Pick your best 4 to play with Lebron. Then I will pick the 3 guys to go with Jordan and Pippen. PICK!

Where did you get this bullshit list?

Gary Payton, Kevin Garnet, Draymon arent on here?

Jordon was a better defender that Bill Russel and Rodman? Are you kidding?

Did you just make up this list? LOL. Go away fool .

I can't find that list. But I found ANOTHER list and it goes a little something like this

1. Bill Russell

HAKEEM OLAJUWON​

Rodman
Pippen

Jordan is higher than those guys even on this list. Huh

This one has Jordan number 2

Another one said

1. 1.Gary Payton
    2.Scottie Pippen
    3.Sidney Moncrief
    4.Michael Jordan
    5.Dennis Johnson
    Honorable Mention: Bobby Jones, Walt Frazier, Bruce Bowen, Joe Dumars, Michael Cooper

Go away fool.

Joel Embiid wins a well deserved MVP award for his play this year.

He really didn’t deserve it. It should have been
Giannis or Jokic… I think the firestorm of race outrage in the sports community when Kendrick Perkins dropped his racist take that Jokic didn’t deserve MVP and it was a “white” thing caused all of the elitist white liberal sports journalists to take the hint and suddenly vote for the non-foreign black guy… white leftists in the sports media are the most spineless individuals.

He really didn’t deserve it. It should have been
Giannis or Jokic… I think the firestorm of race outrage in the sports community when Kendrick Perkins dropped his racist take that Jokic didn’t deserve MVP and it was a “white” thing caused all of the elitist white liberal sports journalists to take the hint and suddenly vote for the non-foreign black guy… white leftists in the sports media are the most spineless individuals.
You could convince me that Giannis should have won it but not Jokic. He was too far down the scoring list. There's also a recency bias in NBA MVP voting always has been. Lebron James was the actual MVP of the league for like 10 years straight. Jordon was probably the same way. But they didnt win it every year.

You could convince me that Giannis should have won it but not Jokic. He was too far down the scoring list.
Scoring doesn’t mean Jack as long as you facilitate. Magic Johnson won 3 MVPs without being near the top Scorer. Jokic averaged 25-12-10… on a 58-29 team. Embiid was 33-10-4 on a 59-28 team. Jokic provided more.

As for Giannis, he not only played for a team with a better record, averaged 31-12-6, but also owned Embiid head-to-head in games against each other. There’s no reason Embiid wins the MVP besides a race dog whistle to get these white, foreign guys out and get a true “brotha” into the MVP slot. I’m disgusted that so many spineless white leftist elitist journalists rolled onto their backs and obeyed. Embiid was #3 until the race issue was brought up by the racist Kendrick Perkins (who is happily promoted by ESPN)
There's also a recency bias in NBA MVP voting always has been. Lebron James was the actual MVP of the league for like 10 years straight. Jordon was probably the same way. But they didnt win it every year.
Lebron, definitely.. Jordan? He won 1 more than he should. But even if it wasn’t Jokic, it was Giannis by any measure, not Embiid. This was a race-dictated MVP. The NBA black community was getting restless, and the coward community ceded.

Forum List

Back