NBA Finals Game 2 Ratings Crash by 68%, Least Watched Finals Game in History. They thought a 45% drop was a disaster!

Ratings will go back up when we’re done with covid.

Yep, it's just not as much fun without fans. That's the bottom line - Not BLM
Yeah and if after Covid its the same declining viewership, then you guys will get to call Americans a bunch of deplorable racists.

Declining viewership is a fact of life and it's been going on for years. People stream sports and/or they just watch ESPN for the highlights as there are just too many games for people to keep track of. But most teams will see sellouts, and BLM won't be top of mind for true sports fans.

I get the feeling that a lot of Trump supporters just aren't sports fans. Many of you weren't watching BEFORE BLM.

Honestly, nobody wants to watch a bunch of Black millionaires play ball if they're going to keep telling us how oppressed and unfair life in America has been for them, while they're living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. I mean let's take poor suffering Lebron, he lives in a $100 million dollar house. It can't get any worse.
So, you'll watch as long as they know their place.

I mean really, How dare they. Only white millionaires are allowed tio play professional sports and are worthy of your viewing.

Lebron James does a lot for the kids of Cleveland. God forbid he uses his fame to further the cause of social justice. He should STFU & know his place, right Mr Racist Fuck?
Lebron James is an entitled fuck that has no problem expanding his empire and doing business with Chinese who engage in child abuse, provide slave wages to their laborers, torture and imprison those who engage in political dissent, polite the environment, and place minorities in concentration camps. Great champion of social justice he is not. It's just a shtick to promote his brand while destroyiying the NBA as a brand. Nobody is interested in cheap sloganeering by a bunch of spoiled Black millionaires. Like all other sports fans, I enjoy watching the athletes talent and performance. They can engage in political speech off the court, not at the league, fans and owners expense. And the NBA wonders why viewership is down? This is what happens when a league and team owners submit to the altar of Leftism, it will never be enough.
Oh please. You do business with the Chinese, Trump does business with the Chinese.

The NBA exports their game to China. The NBA has the right not to openly criticize the Chinese governmernt about its relatonship with Taiwan or Hong Kong. I don't sere the Trump Organization, Nike, GM, Apple openly getting involverd.

Furthermore, it was your fat-assed, COVID infected, Piece of shit budy Trump who said what countries do within their own borders is their budsinerss.

Leftism - giving a shit when black people get murdered by law enforcement.
Trumpism - fuck black people.

Again,. it is OK for the white millionaires to kneel or proterst but not the black ones. You are nothing but the common Trump fed racist piece of shit.

I

Yeah and if after Covid its the same declining viewership, then you guys will get to call Americans a bunch of deplorable racists.

Declining viewership is a fact of life and it's been going on for years. People stream sports and/or they just watch ESPN for the highlights as there are just too many games for people to keep track of. But most teams will see sellouts, and BLM won't be top of mind for true sports fans.

I get the feeling that a lot of Trump supporters just aren't sports fans. Many of you weren't watching BEFORE BLM.
yeah that's great... but this is the finals. And it is the worst viewership in NBA finals history... and by a LOOONG shot the worst. Not just a little.
You all trying to marginalize the negative effects that all of this narrative/political driven events is absurd

yeah that's great... but this is the finals. And it is the worst viewership in NBA finals history... and by a LOOONG shot the worst. Not just a little.
You all trying to marginalize the negative effects that all of this narrative/political driven events is absurd

So help me to understand. You were an avid NBA fan until they promoted BLM movement. You stopped watching it cold turkey! :rofl:

So help me to understand. You were an avid NBA fan until they promoted BLM movement. You stopped watching it cold turkey! :rofl:
I am not 68% of the viewing population. What I do has no effect.
Again... disregarding what happened and trying to marginalize it make you all look disingenuous.
Down 68% is not just a little bump guy.

Again... disregarding what happened and trying to marginalize it make you all look disingenuous.

You are inflating the number by almost double and failed to answer my question.

NBA Playoffs TV ratings down a stunning amount from last season. According to Sports Media Watch, the two conference finals series around the Association saw television ratings decrease by 35% from a season ago.

NBA Playoffs TV ratings down a stunning amount from last season. According to Sports Media Watch, the two conference finals series around the Association saw television ratings decrease by 35% from a season ago.
If the 35% is true, that is still obviously a historic drop.
And you realize the playoffs and the finals are two different things right?

The finals have been competing with the NFL

Dude... read.
The first game was down 55% from the first game last year. And was not on while the NFL was on.
You don't think a drop by over half is anything to worry about??
That is silly

Black lives matter.
Basketball hasn't been attractive, no big names, weak teams and corona.
Many athletes around the world are kneeling also. You are the losers for being racists and not getting the message it has nothing to do with the flag.

We are not wacist for not supporting their anti-American behavior.

Fuck them all.

Get woke, go broke.

I love how knowledge intimidates whitey.

Keep up the racism. That will get the white fans back. Hell, maybe you can sell ad space on the athletes like nascar does on cars, to make up the lost revenue.

Dude, racism is why this thread was started.

This thread was started because overpaid assholes, have been insulting the good Americans that pay their fucking salaries, and now those good Americans have had enough and are stopping payment.

That's justice. That is assholes getting what they deserve, at least a little.

That you see that as "wacism" is you being a retard.
The only ones triggered are the racists like trump and his cult. Last time I checked most are still millionaires.

Also most of you never come out saying, yes there is racism and police brutality but let's not bring peotests to sports. Nah, you act as if you care about the flag and you are patriotic which protesters said many times they dont have an issue with the flag.

IMHOP flag and anthem singing has no place in sports, same as military parades and stuff before games it is too racist and too stupid. There is a place for everything. Games are for entertainment.

Anyone who thinks that the flag or the anthem is racist, is an anti-American piece of shit, and any American that celebrates them, is being a cuck.

Saying that the symbol of our nation is wacist, is an insult to every American individually and as a group.

Fuck you you piece of shit.

So, why do alt-white racists fly the confederate flag?

Other than racism.

Libertarians, paleoconservatives, gamers, men's rights groups, ect, have been lumped as alt-right and none of them are associated with flying the Confederate Flag.

Seriously. Where ever you get this shit, you need to stop just accepting the shit they feed you, without question.

Nice try, but still a fail.

So, since people are forced to stay home and not go out, they are watching less tv?

I think you might have that backwards.

Sports don’t have the same feel to them with no fans. And the restaurant/bar experience for watching sports is basically non-existent.

You guys have been trying to boycott sports for a few years now when Colin Kaepernick started kneeling. But NOW we suddenly see a drop in ratings.

Why THIS year? Why not the previous three years? What could possibly be different this year compared to the last few years? Hmmm such a mystery.

Ratings will go up next year. Watch and learn.

Black lives matter.
Many athletes around the world are kneeling also. You are the losers for being racists and not getting the message it has nothing to do with the flag.

Fuck them all.

Get woke, go broke.

Keep up the racism. That will get the white fans back. Hell, maybe you can sell ad space on the athletes like nascar does on cars, to make up the lost revenue.

This thread was started because overpaid assholes, have been insulting the good Americans that pay their fucking salaries, and now those good Americans have had enough and are stopping payment.

The only ones triggered are the racists like trump and his cult. Last time I checked most are still millionaires.

Also most of you never come out saying, yes there is racism and police brutality but let's not bring peotests to sports. Nah, you act as if you care about the flag and you are patriotic which protesters said many times they dont have an issue with the flag.

IMHOP flag and anthem singing has no place in sports, same as military parades and stuff before games it is too racist and too stupid. There is a place for everything. Games are for entertainment.

Anyone who thinks that the flag or the anthem is racist, is an anti-American piece of shit, and any American that celebrates them, is being a cuck.

Saying that the symbol of our nation is wacist, is an insult to every American individually and as a group.

Other than racism.

Libertarians, paleoconservatives, gamers, men's rights groups, ect, have been lumped as alt-right and none of them are associated with flying the Confederate Flag.

Seriously. Where ever you get this shit, you need to stop just accepting the shit they feed you, without question.

Nice try, but still a fail.

Nope. The groups I mention are a big portion of the "alt right" and they are not associated with flying the Confederate Flag at all.

Your wacism comment was retarded.

I was watching very frequently, actually. I would understand if they had dedicated a few days to the movement and wore jerseys and markings on the floor etc. in honor, but to turn the entire league into a subsidiary of the BLM? Poof! There goes half the country. It's the same phenomenon when these idiot actors, artists, directors, etc. make these obnoxious Leftist statements while receiving awards at ceremonies like the Oscars....POOF...there goes half their potential fan base and therefore sales, merchandise etc. From a business and marketing point of view, it's sheer madness.

Honestly, nobody wants to watch a bunch of Black millionaires play ball if they're going to keep telling us how oppressed and unfair life in America has been for them, while they're living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. I mean let's take poor suffering Lebron, he lives in a $100 million dollar house. It can't get any worse.

I mean really, How dare they. Only white millionaires are allowed tio play professional sports and are worthy of your viewing.

Lebron James does a lot for the kids of Cleveland. God forbid he uses his fame to further the cause of social justice. He should STFU & know his place, right Mr Racist Fuck?
Lebron James is an entitled fuck that has no problem expanding his empire and doing business with Chinese who engage in child abuse, provide slave wages to their laborers, torture and imprison those who engage in political dissent, polite the environment, and place minorities in concentration camps. Great champion of social justice he is not. It's just a shtick to promote his brand while destroyiying the NBA as a brand. Nobody is interested in cheap sloganeering by a bunch of spoiled Black millionaires. Like all other sports fans, I enjoy watching the athletes talent and performance. They can engage in political speech off the court, not at the league, fans and owners expense. And the NBA wonders why viewership is down? This is what happens when a league and team owners submit to the altar of Leftism, it will never be enough.
Oh please. You do business with the Chinese, Trump does business with the Chinese.

The NBA exports their game to China. The NBA has the right not to openly criticize the Chinese governmernt about its relatonship with Taiwan or Hong Kong. I don't sere the Trump Organization, Nike, GM, Apple openly getting involverd.

Furthermore, it was your fat-assed, COVID infected, Piece of shit budy Trump who said what countries do within their own borders is their budsinerss.

Again,. it is OK for the white millionaires to kneel or proterst but not the black ones. You are nothing but the common Trump fed racist piece of shit.

I
You have no fucking idea what these NBA stars are doing in China. They're in effect creating a league in China, just so they can capitalize on the billion or so more they can sell with Lebron's and other assholes names on merchandise. Partner with communists that murder and torture their own people, all to line up your filthy pockets. Social justice my ass! Perhaps if you took Lebron's cork out of your mouth, you'd see the obvious reality.

Here's your social justice...LOL!

Dude... read.
The first game was down 55% from the first game last year. And was not on while the NFL was on.
You don't think a drop by over half is anything to worry about??
That is silly
They're in denial as usual,they're considering everything but the lean towards BLM as a contributing factor.

I
You have no fucking idea what these NBA stars are doing in China. They're in effect creating a league in China, just so they can capitalize on the billion or so more they can sell with Lebron's and other assholes names on merchandise. Partner with communists that murder and torture their own people, all to line up your filthy pockets. Social justice my ass! Perhaps if you took Lebron's cork out of your mouth, you'd see the obvious reality.

Here's your social justice...LOL!

So, why is Trump doing business in China.

Black lives matter.

Fuck them all.

Get woke, go broke.

Other than racism.

All confederate flag loves are cons and pro trump.

Forum List

Back