NATO Members Will Increase Defense Spending After Trump Calls Them Out

Bout damned time. All Americans should be sick of footing the bills for NATO.

$100 Billion of Defense Spending Increase By NATO to combat Russian influence in the region directly attributable to President Trump's Leadership

Bout damned time. All Americans should be sick of footing the bills for NATO.

This is not about them spending more on NATO, it is about them spending more on their own military.

It could cause more harm than good as many of these nations cannot afford to spend more on their military without going more into debt

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Who do you think foots the bills for most of what NATO does??
What bills are you talking about and how much of it do you think we are paying?

I can answer that for her:
Member states of NATO - Wikipedia

$965b Total NATO military spending
$686b US military spending

That's only $279b spent by non-US countries. Of that $21b is by Canada.
So the EU with an economy on par with the US only spend $258b a year total, compared to the now $700b for the US

Not only that, but the US spends $24b a year to keep troops in the EU to protect the EU from Russia, while the EU buys gas from Russia to fund their military, WTF!!
Russia in the European energy sector - Wikipedia

Last edited:

That's only $279 spent by non-US countries. Of that $21b is by Canada.
So the EU with an economy on par with the US only spend $258b a year total, compared to the now $700b for the US

Not only that, but the US spends $24b a year to keep troops in the EU to protect the EU from Russia, while the EU buys gas from Russia to fund their military, WTF!!
You are pointing to military spending. That would be done with or without NATO. My question is about this NATO bill that we are paying the majority of... what is that bill and exactly how much is NATO costing us?

And if you don’t think we’d have our military positioned all over the world without NATO then you’re crazy. Strategic positioning is to the benefit of our nation and its defense

Goldilocks hasn't done jack chite to increase NATO spending.

but the sorry bastard did plenty to increase spending here at home .

FUK TRUMP.

You are pointing to military spending. That would be done with or without NATO. My question is about this NATO bill that we are paying the majority of... what is that bill and exactly how much is NATO costing us?

And if you don’t think we’d have our military positioned all over the world without NATO then you’re crazy. Strategic positioning is to the benefit of our nation and its defense

Here ya go, for you and all the other lazy ass liberals.
Nato contributions by country - which nations pay the most, who pays the least?

I don't think that Trump wants to pull out of NATO, but wants us out of Europe to save the $24b a year that they should be spending for defense themselves. If there's a war then we fulfill our NATO responsibilities. Does anyone think that the US should be spending $24b a year keeping troops in Europe?

I don't think that Trump wants to pull out of NATO, but wants us out of Europe to save the $24b a year that they should be spending for defense themselves. If there's a war then we fulfill our NATO responsibilities. Does anyone think that the US should be spending $24b a year keeping troops in Europe?
I do. I think having a presence around the world makes us stronger and safer and better informed. If there is an emergency we can respond faster, if there is a threat we can gather intel better. We are the world leader. If you want to remain the worlds leader we need to stay engaged with the world or China is going to swallow us up. Is that what you want?

I just addressed that. Military spending is not a NATO bill. Try again

No thanks, must easier to let you be stupid.

I do. I think having a presence around the world makes us stronger and safer and better informed. If there is an emergency we can respond faster, if there is a threat we can gather intel better. We are the world leader. If you want to remain the worlds leader we need to stay engaged with the world or China is going to swallow us up. Is that what you want?

I want the fucking $22T Debt to start going down. After the US crashes because of the Debt is not the time to start cutting spending, because there can't be any spending.

I want the fucking $22T Debt to start going down. After the US crashes because of the Debt is not the time to start cutting spending, because there can't be any spending.

call Trump and tell HIM you want a refund on HIS $4 TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.

No thanks, must easier to let you be stupid.
Hey, I’m not the one calling our own military spending a NATO bill. That’s false advertising so you are either lying or ignorant.

I agree, I’d love to see our government cut spending and waste. That’s a different discussion though. There is a lot of false info getting thrown out about NATO from our Prez and his minions, so if you are going to object to the costs the first step is to know exactly what they are.

I agree, I’d love to see our government cut spending and waste. That’s a different discussion though. There is a lot of false info getting thrown out about NATO from our Prez and his minions, so if you are going to object to the costs the first step is to know exactly what they are.

It costs the US $24b to keep our troops in the EU, is that a good use of deficit spending? Yes or No?

Forum List

Back