National Geo: Stop Eating Cheeseburgers to Stop Global Warming

If you were worried about those cars sitting idle, you'd support the switch to electric and hydrogen. Besides, in two years, all new cars will be required to turn themselves off when the car comes to a stop.
The State of Calif, run entirely by Democrat Gorebal Warming cultists, is at war against electric and hydrogen vehicles. They want to tax them silly and have removed all incentives to purchase them.

Exhibit #34,935 that those screaming about CO2 don't believe their own bullshit.

Myself, I think sending half-empty passenger jets into the sky every couple of minutes is more of a problem.

I'm pretty sure that improving commuter infrastructure would go a long way towards reducing the carbon footprint.

Yes! More empty trains that waste billions, that'll fix it!

If you were worried about those cars sitting idle, you'd support the switch to electric and hydrogen. Besides, in two years, all new cars will be required to turn themselves off when the car comes to a stop.

If you were worried about those cars sitting idle, you'd support the switch to electric and hydrogen

How should we generate the magical electricity and hydrogen?

If you were worried about those cars sitting idle, you'd support the switch to electric and hydrogen

Nuclear, wind, solar, tidal, OTEC, hydroelectric, geothermal, etc, etc, etc.

Hydrogen from electrolysis, driven by those same sources. And it can be mined. There are several common compounds that contain enormous amounts of hydrogen. Like sodium tetraborate (borax). Count the Hs: Na2B4O7·10H2O or Na2[B4O5(OH)4]·8H2O

Nuclear, wind, solar, tidal, OTEC, hydroelectric, geothermal, etc, etc, etc.

Hydrogen from electrolysis, driven by those same sources. And it can be mined. There are several common compounds that contain enormous amounts of hydrogen. Like sodium tetraborate (borax). Count the Hs: Na2B4O7·10H2O or Na2[B4O5(OH)4]·8H2O

Hydrogen from electrolysis, driven by those same sources.

After we waste a huge portion of the energy to generate the hydrogen, where is the benefit?

There are several common compounds that contain enormous amounts of hydrogen. Like sodium tetraborate (borax). Count the Hs: Na2B4O7·10H2O or Na2[B4O5(OH)4]·8H2O

Na2B4O7·10H2O

I count zero hydrogen in this compound.

Why do you say energy spent generating hydrogen is wasted?

I count 12 hydrogen atoms in each molecule of sodium tetraborate. See Borax May Soon Run Car Engines

Why do you say energy spent generating hydrogen is wasted?

Because a portion of it is wasted.

I count 12 hydrogen atoms in each molecule of sodium tetraborate.

That water isn't IN the sodium tetraborate.

upload_2016-11-11_8-6-15.png

Thanks for the link.

When the liquid is combined with Millennium Cell's patented catalyst, an instant chemical reaction produces liquid borax and pure hydrogen gas.

Sounds very sciency!

Millennium Cell Inc. (NASDAQ: MCEL) (technically pink sheets) has approved a liquidation plan, and one that is going to bode poorly for shareholders. Its board of directors has approved a liquidation plan via the sale of its assets followed by the distribution of the proceeds to its creditors.

It states up front that at current estimated asset valuations, there is no expectation that the holders of the Company's common stock will receive any proceeds through the liquidation.

This shouldn't be a huge surprise as the company ceased operations in May. Its discussions for a reverse merger did not work and were terminated so this is essentially all that is left for an option.

Published: July 17, 2008 11:05 a.m. ET

- MarketWatch

Rats. I guess it didn't work very well.

Direct borohydride fuel cell - Wikipedia

The tetraborate anion occurs in the mineral borax, as an octahydrate, Na2B4O5(OH)4·8H2O. The borax chemical formula is also commonly written in a more compact but equivalent notation as Na2B4O7·10H2O, simply by converting stoichiometrically 4 OH− as 2 O2− and 2 H2O.

Direct borohydride fuel cell - Wikipedia

The tetraborate anion occurs in the mineral borax, as an octahydrate, Na2B4O5(OH)4·8H2O. The borax chemical formula is also commonly written in a more compact but equivalent notation as Na2B4O7·10H2O, simply by converting stoichiometrically 4 OH− as 2 O2− and 2 H2O.

Sodium borohydride costs US$500 per kg,

I'm glad money is no object!

Forum List

Back